What's new

Change RNG

IT IS ABSOLUTELY THE CASE, RNG in games uses non hereditary(forgot the technical wording on this one) non linear non deterministic systems, this mean it doesn't matter if you try 50billion gems in a row, every one of those 50billion gems have a unique isolated seed per item not affected by any previous or future attempts(that is why is non linear or deterministic) of X%, that means you can actually fail all 50billion gems and still is 100% correct that they have 50% chance and the reverse case is also mathematically correct.

What you are describing is an hereditary linearly deterministic system where there is unique seed affected upward or downwards by previous or futures attempted predictably but this system don't apply to games because their extremely simple to predict and will give an extreme advantages to those with technical skills to do it and if that individual make his finding public nobody will ever fail a gem again.

simply dividing the amount of tries DOES NOT GIVE YOU A REALISTIC % CHANCE, it just doesn't work like that otherwise statistical analysis wouldn't be a career and we would have figured quantum mechanics 50 years ago.

not being an asshole to OP here, just trying to clarify this issue tho I expect the forum math geniuses to flood me with replies like "I tried 4 and 2 landed, is 50% explain that" or "but I failed 10 times in a row, is not 50%" but whatever

Thank you. This is exactly what people don't understand. A computerized RNG system could roll numbers under 50 a billion times in a row, even if it has a setting of 50% chance. The term is the "gambler's fallacy", where a gambler stands a higher chance to win the more they play because each consecutive loss means the greater chance to win next time.

This is simply not the case.

Also, people aren't considering the fact that they already "won" the last X times. i.e. You have an item that takes 7 gems. You get to 6 gems, and the 7th one breaks. They consider this a total failure because they "lost" on the 7th gem. Well, you won the first 6 gems, technically. The system sucks because you lose all your "wins" when you lose unless you filled the item up completely.

In fact, if you get to 5 gems, you're actually quite lucky. 6 gems is exceeding lucky. A full 7 gems is astronomically lucky. All of those wins must be consecutive.

Something people can try out in the real world is flipping a quarter. If you flip it 6 times in a row and get heads 6 times in a row without getting tails, that is fully gemming an item (the first one is counted as free). It's exceeding rare. That's the old system, by the way.

The new system gives you the first 2 wins for free. So you must get 5 in a row to get all 7 gems into an item.

I don't really see an issue with 100% successful lunastone. As long as there is a proportionate cost for lower successful ones, anyways. Maybe make 50% successful ones available via gold and the 100% available via other currencies.

Back