What's new

Changes discussion.

And you are right, no one has called for comms other than a small number of people. But when you're outnumbered 3:1 for one reason or another, comms doesn't fix that.
For me it does. Kiwi led a halcy previously not so far back and he brought people into comms. Everyone was quiet and he made the calls.
It was fantastic, we won some fights even though we lost in the end. But it was so enjoyable because you could see the difference he alone made.
I didn't give a damn about that loss because I had my fun. The only thing I hate about losing in halcy is that the relics go down so fast, that if either faction stomps the other, you can't get much enjoyment out of it because there is so little time.

Anyways, this thread is a joke. I can see why people are upset about devs enforcing a change that was nowhere to be discussed, but complaining about the actual change of the port in halcy is ridiculous not only because west has so much possibilities to improve on, but also because east has no equal port.

Argh I keep editing this, I don't know how to phrase myself.

Last edited:
Farmhouse port wasn't a way to 'beat' the zerg, it literally stopped east pushing out of the base stopping the entire event in fear the west raid could just port behind and just take the base because the east decided to finally push.
West used to bring a whole zerg to the EU halcy and the 15-20 east that would be led by me still fought and we'd have our fun and move on, we'd hold base for as long as possible by using the choke in order to stop a west push and sometimes wiped double if not triple our numbers.
The same issue happend with the east in terms of numbers, people got demoralized and only the people who wanted to PvP would come to halcy then when those people managed to delay halcy people started realizing that halcy is actually a winnable event for the east so more and more started to show up to fight the west zerg, the balance tipped in the east favour and west started getting demoralised, I legit watched a 50-60 man west raid turn into a group of about 30-35 players over the course of a week after loosing a few times.

I can't comment on the NA halcy as I don't attend but only a week ago the EU halcy was even numbers between the east raid and the west raid, west is just loosing due to in-experienced raid leaders and a lack of pvp knowledge for raids. I haven't got screenshots from both sides of the most recent EU halcy so I can't comment but I'm pretty sure it was equal.

When the east used to get farmed at halcy people didn't scream at each other, play the blame again etc. They'd just show up to the next halcy and try again, instead on the west faction theirs different groups who have never been able to work together and it shows when they loose in pvp at faction events by blaming the other side.

All the talk aside, I don't really play anymore but I had an idea in a halcy that I'd like to see be done by the devs which is increasing the relic's hp.
It gives time to react to backdooring or porting / flaring. But most importantly, it endorses pvp when either faction is zerging.
When east breaks into our base, it's usually over, because they got so many tanks & cc it's almost impossible to fight them in a closed area.
But it's usually like this: a couple (more than half the raid) stays inside base to dps relic, and a couple others get slightly out and defend it.
This is when I had fun in halcys regardless where we got stomped at flag and east went straight to our base. Because it creates fights that favor the losing side, since they have more people outside willing to take back the base, than the enemy raid has sent out to defend it, as a good chunk usually stays inside. It also takes away the pressure for the losing side that the relic is going to be down very soon, causing them to just rush out the nui and die in their own base one by one. It would give them time to properly regroup without having to fear that if it takes them more than 30s, everything is over and done.

What ends up happening with enemy raids in our base is we fight the tanks at gate for a little, and if they go down we get to pick one after another inside the base, and it gives the losing side the feeling of winning fights even though it is crystal clear that they are losing. But with the relic going down so fast, we only get to do this once. Dps'ing relic splits winning raids any time a base has been taken over, and it helps to even out fights so I'd like to see more time spent on taking it down.

Last edited:
Are we not talking about the guild CD changes? Im pretty sure both sides know that this change makes no sense at all and if a pool was made im pretty sure it would be very one-sided in favor to revert this no-sense change.

Last edited:
Disabling the farmhouse port just comes off as a clear attempt to better aid East members. Choices as critical as the ones just made shouldn't be made without first discussing with the players.

Honestly, it doesn't change the fact that both factions can just port to housing. (West will still have a closer port that way)

How about removing ALL ports in Halcy during war times and adjusting the location of the Nui's. If you want it to be fair, make players scramble to regroup and travel to their destination on mounts. Just make sure each faction Nui has a fair/equal travel distance (including alternative Nui's in case of a dominion).

As for the guild timer, that change was absolute garbage. The poll that is currently up says it all.

The farmhouse change makes it so that the western faction cant dodge pvp and base race

But, East does the exact same thing if given the opportunity, seen it this month. Also, both East and West can just as well make a public house port in housing area close to either base and still backdoor? It's a useless change imo.

Back