What's new

Bangerade

I feel as though this has been a common issue though out the entire life of ArcheAge both on live and here on the PS. There are a hand full of classes that get played while other classes are just memes. I think everyone can see that DR cheese is overwhelmingly abundant here on ArcheRage. However when thinking about this topic it occurred to me that the game dev's here at ArcheRage really listen to the community and ACTUALLY take action quite rapidly in fact. I knew that if this problem was addressed to them they would take action... if they could. which brings me to my question since Trion has obviously no fucking clue how to balance a classes , simply using a latter patch class info would fail to solve the problem. No, class balance would have to been done by the ArcheRage devs them self, but do they have the time or the resources to even attempt this? I in no way trying to bash on ArcheRage dev's i have no game coding knowledge and don't know what resources would be required to undergo such a task. I would just really love to see a wider variety of classes being played, currently the amount of DR % of the population is disgustingly high just removing the 2 hanger buff might be a great start (the 50% shield ignore). Or adding in something like a 1sec immumity to cc after a cc has finished so there is some outplay potential other then just getting stealth leeched tripped tripped tripped dead even when wearing full plate. Just throwing out an idea. So will ArcheRage devs attempt to address class balancing???

Hope this gets looked at also. I'd like to see a couple of classes get hard counters to this, while retaining weakness to others.

Darkrunners are only good in small pvp, thats where the exceed, if you are mad about losing small scale pvp play a better class.
I am in now way mad about small scale PvP some classes should excel in 1v1 like dagger spell that is a class that is really good at 1v1 but fails in group pvp to do much. However DR simply just does to much burst dmg to 1v1 even to classes build with armor to reduce melee dmg in no way should an abolisher in plate and shield get 3 shot from a DR, and DR still having a place in both group and raid pvp.

I am in now way mad about small scale PvP some classes should excel in 1v1 like dagger spell that is a class that is really good at 1v1 but fails in group pvp to do much. However DR simply just does to much burst dmg to 1v1 even to classes build with armor to reduce melee dmg in no way should an abolisher in plate and shield get 3 shot from a DR, and DR still having a place in both group and raid pvp.
if you are getting 3 shot by a DR as an abolisher they are either 1 way more geared than you or you are building the class wrong on good abolishers my precision strike only crits for 6k backstab. however i am not opposed to just removing leech tat ability is just to much of a crutch you can seriously fuck up and if you have leech you just win the fight.

how did this become a bash on me lol are you that blind you cant see DR is busted. and i don't play an abolisher, i play a DR because i dont need to waste gold on gear and can still kill a lot of people just having mirage weps and quest gear. its broken and i legit saw a DR with a divine t4 greatsword not even half gemed and shit armor 3 or 4 shot a full gem celc plate argent (no shield)

sparring where its supposed to be even playing field a dark runner picks the two handed class which puts them in plate. and you will lose to one if you pick defensive fighter. also on this server so many darkrunners are running plate hell even sword n board plate dark runners are running around.

Lets get back to the topic at hand here though people, i wanna know if they can balance all classes not just DR. Simply do they have the resources to do so. Not a argument of someone thinking the class that 60% of the pop is playing, doesn't have a reason why there is that many people playing it.

I feel as though this has been a common issue though out the entire life of ArcheAge both on live and here on the PS. There are a hand full of classes that get played while other classes are just memes. I think everyone can see that DR cheese is overwhelmingly abundant here on ArcheRage. However when thinking about this topic it occurred to me that the game dev's here at ArcheRage really listen to the community and ACTUALLY take action quite rapidly in fact. I knew that if this problem was addressed to them they would take action... if they could. which brings me to my question since Trion has obviously no fucking clue how to balance a classes , simply using a latter patch class info would fail to solve the problem. No, class balance would have to been done by the ArcheRage devs them self, but do they have the time or the resources to even attempt this? I in no way trying to bash on ArcheRage dev's i have no game coding knowledge and don't know what resources would be required to undergo such a task. I would just really love to see a wider variety of classes being played, currently the amount of DR % of the population is disgustingly high just removing the 2 hanger buff might be a great start (the 50% shield ignore). Or adding in something like a 1sec immumity to cc after a cc has finished so there is some outplay potential other then just getting stealth leeched tripped tripped tripped dead even when wearing full plate. Just throwing out an idea. So will ArcheRage devs attempt to address class balancing???

You're wearing full plate so I assume you have redoubt cause there is no other class running plate except abolisher. You have bondbreak and you have leech yourself. And leech is not broken at all if you're just not dumb you'll never lose to it.

Also dr is broken but its fair to point out most of the people playing on this server aren't good DR's.

What?... just re-read my post..
I’m Asian, give me a break.

That’s not true at all lol.. DR is strong as shit, but it’s far from unbeatable.
There are counters to DR, unfortunately at this stage, it just has less than other classes.

Besides, like you say, majority of DR on this server are just monkeys. So it’s not like it matters anyway.

2H & defense ignore. At the stage of average player's gear and total defense/toughness, literally anyone with Battlerage and a 2H is going to rip apart most players, even just by smashing their face on the screen. Like farmvile2017 said, he "only" crits 6k on good abolishers. Added with auramancy's mobility.. basically a shredder.

It'll balance itself when people have more defense, block, and toughness gems. Keep in mind that defense, block, evasion, parry, toughness are much easier to stack than focus and offensive stats with gems and frosts. DR have always dominated in early-game, same as primeval, but later on, they just smack on things their bonuses don't do much against. At the rate the server is going, it won't be too long.

2H & defense ignore. At the stage of average player's gear and total defense/toughness, literally anyone with Battlerage and a 2H is going to rip apart most players, even just by smashing their face on the screen. Like farmvile2017 said, he "only" crits 6k on good abolishers. Added with auramancy's mobility.. basically a shredder.

It'll balance itself when people have more defense, block, and toughness gems. Keep in mind that defense, block, evasion, parry, toughness are much easier to stack than focus and offensive stats with gems and frosts. DR have always dominated in early-game, same as primeval, but later on, they just smack on things their bonuses don't do much against. At the rate the server is going, it won't be too long.

You're right instead of my 6k crit, now i crit for 30k ez.

I have noted a lot of the talk here is plate on plate. Which makes me think casters might need a buff/tweak to make them a little more competitive.

Then there is leather classes who are basically unused.

Back