What's new

Client Download Security

Landsraad

BitDefender does not like this game. I've come back after a hiatus and had to reinstall the game from the new client, looks good btw, but BitDefender slammed this in my face, "The file C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcheRage.to NA\tmp\bin32\cryphysics.dll is infected with Trojan.GenericKD.32339303 and was moved to quarantine. It is recommended that you run a System Scan to make sure your system is clean."
Is this client package cleaned? Maybe check it and get back to this OP. I would appreciate it if others did a quick check. You can never be too careful with how people can worm their way into systems and leave stuff like this.

~I've played this game for several months on this private server and had no issues last year. This post is out of concern. This server has been nothing but great my last play.

Hi!

BitDefender removes many files that has nothing to do with any trojans quite often (more often than any other AV). We can assure you that multiple people play this game and they have no issues.

As this is a private server, not the official one, we don't have officially signed certificates. Due to it anti-viruses may react on some files in such a way.
You can add game files to exception for anti-virus or windowsdefender not to intrude and block the download and installation.
If you are still concerned, other players who's playing on our server for a very long time (server is almost 2 years old) can confirm that files have no viruses.

On what needs to be added to the exceptions list you can read in the following thread: https://na.archerage.to/forums/threads/launcher-launch-error.9034/

Back