What's new

Concepts, Re-Designs, Overhauls, Blooming Flowers ?

trapwhre02

This thread serves as place for ideas & suggestion explicitly aimed at generating new players to join. I know the devs are working on polishing 4.7. But I believe they should lay game and forum events aside for a bit once it's released and focus on the suggestions below. If you have more ideas, bring them up and if I or others agree with them, I'll add them below.

First login of newly created characters (unaffected by age of account)‼
Fresh characters should have an item in their inventory, with a description that reminds them they are eglible of rewards with further guidance where to find it.
Humans are lazy, you CANNOT expect them to search for information on their own. Handfeed them, be of guidance and make their start here as easy as possible.
Players are asking the most basic questions in discord every day, even though the info they are looking for is two clicks away. The way you have set it up is okay but clearly it isn't easy enough to access for many. Forcing players to read important information when they start here is one of the most important things I will adress here

Even out race quest experience ‼
Every character regardless of the race they've chosen to play, should gain equal experience from green quests as dwarfs and warbons get.

Quite simple: It is unfair that dwarfs & warborns are given SIGNIFICANTLY more experience than all other races. I'm not talking about little gain, it's +300% at least. Doing green quests as one of the two 'new' races will bring you to Lv.45 within an hour if you are fast. In the same timeframe, all other races will be below Lv.25. Considering leveling only gets more challenging with every level, being stuck at such a low level and being done with your main resource of experience is a horrible dead end to new players. They feel stuck and wonder what to do next. And since there is absolutely NO reason for players to stay under Lv.50, with every minute you are forcing them to, you lower their motivation to playing any further. This only draws away players and potential long-term players are lost. If this is too much work, then give all races but dwarf & warborn experience potions in ther inventory when they load in the very first time.

Adjusting the 'support pack' and it's way of obtaining it‼
Getting the support pack shouldn't be a hard task and for many it is. There are many steps players have to go through first and every additional step means there can be some sort of barrier to it, whether that is a technical or a personal one. It is too complicated to do and can be done much more user-friendly.
Upon reaching level 52, players receive the following:

BOX 1
  1. Blessed One's Silver Earring [Celestial]
  2. Blessed One's Silver Necklace [Celestial]
  3. Blessed One's Silver Ring [Celestial]
  4. 10000 Honor
  5. 20000 Vocation
  6. Adventurer's Costume
  7. Title that gives Mana & Health regeneration
  8. Potions & Food
  9. ArcheRage Beginner Token
  10. Reindeer from Cash Shop or any other non-special mount with 11m/s+
  11. Warrior’s T5 Weapon Crystal (3 Divine items)
  12. Warrior’s T5 Armor Crystal (5 Divine items)
  13. Delphinad Magic Bag (2 Divine belt or sleeves)
  14. Tyrenos's Index (10)
  15. Scroll: Farm Wagon
  16. Fish-Find Longliner Design
  17. Harpoon Clipper Design
  18. Blue Salt Manuals X2

The support pack is great but it is NOT ENOUGH. Now don't be afraid, I am not asking to throw gear at starters that will make players who recently joined us wonder, why they haven't received such nice things. I tried to come up with ideas that new players can benefit from, but players that started here recently do not as much.

A pair of green earrings from the previous box isn't enough. So I added celestial ones for the last box. Having celestial gear doesn't affect players stats much but it'll give them a whole different view on what they are equipped with. It could be the shittiest item, but it simly being at grade celestial will give it value and players will be excited about it whether it's actually strong or not.

Honor I tried to keep it low, yet I want them to get it. It'll make them ask what it's for and they'll get curious about it and hopefully look up information or ask other players. The main currency they should receive is Vocation as it is a rather low-valuable currency, yet it is essential for new players as it is used to purchase Ancestral Warrior Medals and seeds to farm basic materials with.

The custom title I suggest to simply be one that offers improved health & mana regen. This is essential to speeding up the level up & farming process for players who struggle with avoiding damage & managing their mana most efficiently. Values have to be tweaked by the devs as I am unaware what would be strong enough. Stronger titles existing make this redundant for veteran players or others who have joined us recently, yet it is a big help to anyone starting here. The server could only benefit from such a change.

Added Harpoon Clipper Design because you already hand out a fishing boat & hauler.

The proficiency boost should help players crafting their own gear and improving rewards of the classic gold generating tasks: larency, fishing, commerce.
Most importantly, players should be made aware that such an item exists. Because I find it quite strong, especially for new players.

Overhauling the 'ArcheRage Beginner Token'‼
The token includes the following effects and lasts (4 weeks?).
Over the course of this duration, the effects will slowly wear off as they diminish in their strength.

Ranged, Melee, Magic - Attack & Healing Power +250
PVE Skill Damage +20%
Max Health & Max Mana +1500
Physical & Magic Defense +1500
Loot Drop Rate +100%
Agility, Stamina, Strength, Intelligence, Spirit +50
Critical Rates +10%
Cast-time -10%
Attack-speed +100
Honor gain +20%

New players need to get a boost in their start. Nobody wants to kill one mob and then having to regen mana and health for the next 10 seconds before approaching a new mob. Players need to get PVE related boosts and gains to their defense and regenerations to speed up the process of gearing themselves. The buffs aren't gamebreaking and they will continue to get stomped on in pvp. But they'll be much quicker at becoming competitive than ever before. Loot drop in this plays a significant role hence the high suggested buff.

The token shouldn't suddenly disappear in it's entirety. This will make players feel set back as soon as it is gone. Boost it quick and heavy, then have it wear off slowly over time. The idea behind this is that the players will start gearing up much faster without spoonfeeding them gear. You give them the tools to gear up and not the gear itself. Players will have to put in effort still, but are given additional motivation with this. Letting the token's effects wear off slowly over time is better than having it suddenly disappear when it runs off, as that will make them feel set back by a milestone. With this adjustment, players will hardly notice that it's disappearing and by the time it is gone, they'll have gear strong enough that they don't need it anymore.

Setting up a discord bot for players that join‼
Players joining the discord should receive a message by a bot which has important info for new players.
It contains links for where to find that info as well as all in-game rules found here on the forums.
All channels are invisible until player reacts with an emoji to the bots message, confirming that everything was read and accepted.

This is one of the things I consider ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Push it into the heads of anyone looking to start here, the infos they need, rules, everything. They need to be made aware of the most important things right of the bat and as obvious as it can get. Forcing players to only be able to participate in the discord by clicking a button confirming they've read everything is going to be a fantastic change. Try not to have the mindset of "They won't read this or that anyways, it doesn't matter what we implement." THAT'S THE WRONG MINDSET. YES IT DOES MATTER.

Adjusting the 'Server Features' -thread‼
Mention the server launch year to show starters that they need to be in no fear of the server shutting down at any time.
The support pack or what I suggested further above, needs to be either at the top or bottom but nowhere inbetween where it disappears. It is one of the most important server features for new players and should have a much more accessible spot in this thread.
The items player receive from any sort of box should be clearly described. New players aren't aware what "Steeled Will Potion or similar items do.
Overall I believe the readability of the thread could be improved a lot. Cutting some content or linking to resources instead would help, I think.
It should be clearly categorized, the way it's now is kinda a mess, stuff is scattered all around and it seems to have no organization. Lore, custom content, events - it all reads as one clutter even though it has three different important features your server has. Keep the images though, they look great and are definitely appealing to starters.

Tweaking the website's mainpage‼
The front website has to have an area that welcomes new players and informs them of rewards for them.
This has to take up significant space in the top area of the webpage so nobody can miss it. Clicking on it redirects users to the forums with all information.
The top header 'Community' should be renamed to 'Forums' (Same as your launcher).
The stats should show active users or created accounts from within the last 24hours or the past week.
It needs to be shown for how long this server has been up and running.

The discord should be more visible and it's user amount should be shown in some way. Your discord is huge and showing off that number will make a great first impression.

I won't put this in a spoiler because I consider it to be the most important so I'll explain my thoughts.
The website is your absolute frontline of the server. In majority of cases, it will be someones first destination when they arrive here. Use this to your advantage, as a tool to plaster the most important info for newcomers right at the main website. I'm not talking about a little midget box like the one we have:

BMFqwQI.png

I'm talking about a box as big as it can get without damaging the websites layout. Remove the ArcheAge logo or move it up to make space for something that fits underneath it between the two characters. It should be the very first thing people notice when they land on your page and it's message should be clear.
The website should also show some sort of player activity (I know you are an enemy of this suggestion, but hear me out). I can understand you not wanting to give out current numbers. I get it, there are many reasons for it that I can think of. But you can use a bit of tricks here and instead of showing current active players, you can simply show the daily amount of players that have logged in. This number should be significantly higher and make a bigger impression than the live-count. If you don't want to do that, then fine. But what about adding a stat that shows how many accounts have been created today or in the past week ? The 'service-request' channel shows about a dozen every day. That can add up to hundreds each week. Whether these numbers are legit or faulty doesn't matter. You're already showing the 125K registered accounts that are irrelevant to some degree. But showing that this server is still gaining players everyday and has a solid daily playercount will have positive impact on anyone looking to join here.

Last edited:
Adjusting the 'support pack' and it's way of obtaining it‼

Support pack is setup the way it is intentionally and will stay setup the way it is.
The support pack will not be changed.

Beginner token changes.
Ranged, Melee, Magic - Attack & Healing Power +250
PVE Skill Damage +20%
Max Health & Max Mana +1500
Loot Drop Rate +100%
Critical Rates +10%
Cast-time -10%
Attack-speed +100
Honor gain +20%

This is horribly overly strong.
No.

Setting up a discord bot for players that join‼
Already had this discussion with Sparkle.
Doing so makes it so everyone has to have a verified number to even read the channels because they need to be verified to add reaction.
We have many who don't use verified accounts of their choice or not and will not be changig it to lock those out of the discord like that.
Mobile verification will also not be lifted.

Tweaking the website's mainpage‼
You were already told no by sparkle

Will just add to what Sjinderson said earlier.
  • Some suggestions from the list are very bot friendly, like making the procedure of receiving a Support Pack easier and giving a strong PvE buff to every new account.
    You possibly didn't think why Support Pack can be received in these 2 specific ways - donation & website or phone number & discord, but that system was created to avoid the mass abuse of the gift, new accounts receive, as well as help us with monitoring such requests.
    You may of course say that as we constantly fight with bots, that shouldn't be a problem on our server, but don't try to lie yourself. You know that it's impossible to fully remove bots and alts. We are monitoring the accounts daily and big amounts are banned automatically and manually but it doesn't mean that someone may not be out of our attention for a while or noticed in a while and not right away.
    And your suggestion may seem good for you but it will just turn bad in result. In this case, the real benefits will actually get the bot runners.

• Your statement regarding the Server Features thread is also incorrect.
    The information regarding the Support Pack is almost at the top and it just goes after more important information like the server game version, patron and server rates. Thread is also structured the way for the player to easily see the main aspects. We could include more text there, try to get additional categories, etc and that will all simply result into the wall of text that noone will read. But if you think you could do it better and we are wrong, you can create your own thread and I'll make sure to add a link for it to our FAQ and maybe more places.​

I don't really have any issues with the way the support pack is obtained right now. Its pretty damn easy and I haven't spoken with anybody who has really had any real troubles with it outside of them claiming it on a west character then rerolling to east and trying to claim it again but being unable to and that was quickly solved by making a new account and having that one banned. It is also annoying and frustrating that a returning player with an older account cannot receive the support pack when they very clearly could benefit greatly from the gear but you guys have made it very clear that you aren't willing to budge on that so I'm just going to stop wasting my breath on it.

So yeah really not too concerned with that nor am I terribly concerned with the advertising methods and information spreading methods because both of those things are solved by people. I would wager most people brought to the server are brought by friends saying hey come play here and then once they do join we can easily point them to the support pack and starter quests to get farms and what not.

The area that I really think some change can be enacted in a very helpful way is with the Beginning Token Buff. I would very much like to see that buff increased in the stats that it gives and the length in which it is given.

This is what it gives now:
The beginner token buff Increases XP gain, Loot Drop Rate +20%, all Attacks/Healing +5%, all Defense +5%, and Move Speed +10%. Decreases Production Time -10%. Prevents XP loss upon death. Persists despite death and lasts 15 days

Honestly this buff while nice really doesn't do much beyond the loot rate and minor attack % increase. The loot drop is very nice when farming out hiram and coinpurses. But beyond that the rest of the buff is rather lack luster. The exp gain is great helping boost them but they get quickly locked on exp while they struggle to gain the honor / vocation needed to progress to the next ancestral level. The attack and healing amounts of 5% are really quite minimal when you look at how much it actually gives because its scaling off an awful weapon (Divine t5 Obsidian). The same can be said of the defense % given because again, scaling off of a divine t5 obsidian set. Move speed who cares this doesn't effect anything much. Decrease production time sure thats nice but there are items that you can buy for cheap and will give you the same result / more.

I also agree that Taylor's buff goes a bit in the other direction giving far too much in some regards so I'd like to meet somewhere in the middle ground.

My Beginner Token Buff:

Ranged, Melee, Magic - Attack & Healing Power +50-100

Giving a flat amount is a far better way to actually boost this stat for a low geared player. I'm not married to these amounts but I think they're within the realm of whats acceptable. Feel free to tweak with this to your desire.

PVE Skill Damage +20-50%
This is the stat that I really think will be of the most benefit. It focuses specifically on improving PvE Dmg and won't apply to any potential pvp so theres no potential for abuse like Sjinder suggested there might be with people swapping weapons over to take advantage of the buff in PvP. I spoke with Sjinder about the scaling of this for awhile and I think we both agreed that it could be a very interesting idea for improving a low geared person's ability to farm hiram mobs / whalesong/aegis mobs in a more meaningful way than they are able to do now. There will need to be some testing to see how the dmg scales in actuality when using this stat on a support pack geared player but that should be rather simple to do. When testing I would say to make sure you test each of the main dps skilltrees to make sure none become out of this world insane with dmg from this.

Easiest way to make support pack gamers just a bit more tanky and allow them to farm these higher level mobs at a quicker pace without stopping to waste consumables healing all the time. Won't have any effect in PvP I assure you without any resil or toughness they will still be absolutely destroyed.

Loot Drop Rate +20-30%
Most people when farming generally have about 50-60% loot drop from the gummy, elixir, grimore, lucky tonic, loot pet, and if they have a dessert house the chocolate. Of course a new player won't have access to the loot pet or the chocolate but the other 4 consumables are relatively easy to obtain from the Auction House giving the new player about 60-70% loot rate to farm with if they want to shell out the gold for it when farming hiram or whats more likely is 40-50% when just picking up 1-2 of the consumables that are cheaper like the lucky quicksilver tonic etc. This puts them on an equal playing field with normal players or slightly above if they invest into it more and I think thats totally fine considering the slow pace at which they clear mobs. Giving them a better chance at getting an actual hiram drop when they farm isn't anything bad.

I think this stat is actually already pretty good. In just the support pack with the stats that it gives you don't have 100% accuracy on your skills so giving them this boost in their main dmg stat increases their attack by a little, their crit rate and their accuracy. Good addition.

Cast-time -10-20%
I think this is actually a rather crucial aspect of the buff that is lacking right now. I know a couple people that have joined recently and started playing mage only to find out that all of their big dmg skills are locked behind these horrid cast times and when you're at a low geared state with no cast gems / lunafrost/ cloak etc it really fucking hurts. Adding in this cast time here gives them a closer idea of what it will actually be like to play their given class when they're further down the road and more geared.

Attack-speed +100-200
Same as cast time for mages/healers giving them some attack speed will give the archers/melee an idea of what it will be like normally to play when they're further geared. It will take them from that place of being super slow skill wise and make it a far more enjoyable time to be out there for hours on end farming mobs.

Honor gain +20%
This I think would be a nice bonus but I'm not attached to it. Its still fairly easy to get honor in a quick manner if you hit the pug honor events each day but early on there are also a lot bigger drains on your honor. The first and biggest being the necessity to grind out a good bit of honor / vocation to obtain ancestral warrior medals to unlock and level your ancestral level to 7. Unlocking these ancestral skills for most classes is actually very very important and changes the viability of a skill greatly. The two biggest cases imo being missile rain and meteor. There will also be further draws on honor with hiram with descrystalization scrolls so keep that in mind. You also need honor for cloak / necklace / gems early on and a LOT of it. There could be potential for people to make alt accounts just to farm out honor and sell the gems though so if you don't want to add this in I completely understand.

I'd also really like to see the buff extended to 30 days total. Giving the new player time to adjust to the game and learn what they actually need to do is crucial with this and more often than not the buff is close to running out by the time they sit down and get ready to grind after learning how important it is. Even if they have knowledge ahead of time or receive and heed the help of others as soon as they join the game that still at best gives them 1 month to fully throw themselves at grinding hiram / coinpurses. 2 weeks is just too short of a time to make a good head start into gearing. It would be EXTREMELY difficult to obtain a new weapon or new gear that drastically improves their dmg / mob clear speed within that initial 2 week period without spending every waking hour on the game and that is just not something reasonable to expect of new players. Giving them another 2 weeks making the total time 1 month will be a huge help to these new players.

I'm open to suggestions on all of this. I'm sure there is some tweaking that will need to be done to it so that it passes inspection by you all but I really want to emphasize that my goal here is player retention. I see tons of new people come into the game each week and I honestly don't know how many of them stick around and keep playing but I assume it isn't that many. Starring down the giant wall in front of them that is gearing, when you look at it from the beginning, can be incredibly daunting. Just the honor alone I think you need something like 500-600k to level your ancestral levels, cloak, necklace, and gems to a reasonably average level. The gold that it takes to buy an actually good weapon and then fill it with gems? Its insane. The cost of leveling a costume / undies to legendary not even eternal is also massive. Believe me when I say that there will be PLENTY for them to still earn beyond the support pack and beyond this proposed 1 month boost.

Last edited:
I know that I've pushed these effects very high and I can agree to saying the raw attack stats are too high, as well as the loot drop now that I think about it that you can get +50% easily with cheap consumables. But all the other stats I think are more than justified.

Adressing stats:
Percentage-wise increases of stats are just not impactful enough for someone with such low gear. PVE skill damage is the only thing that could boost damage that doesn't harm any other aspect I can think of. Same with Defense as @Murdock has stated, they are great in PVE but irrelevant in PVP where majority of defense comes from % decrease, block, parry, evasion and toughness + resilience.

Cast-time I can also fully understand him that he wants it even higher, I can only imagine how terrible farming as a low geared mage has to be without cast-times.
In fairness, attack speed should be improved for archers & melees so if one is implemented, all three would need to.

Agility, stamina, strength, intelligence & spirit will help increase accuracy and come with side-effects such as evasion, parry and so on.
So besides the raw attack and the loot values I suggested, I do not think that any of the others are blowing out of frame.

Discord bot:
It's a shame tha discord requires you to be verified to react to messages, but I think it would still be a good idea to set one up regardless. Players being greeted is a nice thing and if they'd get important info without them having to search for it, would be great. However the info should stay short and nobody should be overrun with walls of text by the bot.

Way of obtaining support pack:
Alright then it shall stay as it is. But if that is the case then I do not think any of the Beginner Token buffs would be abused by anone really, since it would be locked behind your way of obtaining the support pack in the first place.

Adressing the 'Beginner's Luck Giftbox':
This Box is outdated and parts of its content should be merged with the 'support pack'. The accessory should be of celestial rarity. These will make no difference whatever their rarity is, but making it celestial will have immediate positive impact at how someone thinks of their gear. They'll see the grade and will be happy about it whether it's useless or not doesn't matter. The honor potion is too low and could easily be doubled / triped / quadrupled. The Weapon bundle has basic grade obisidian weapons and only confuse new players. The costume is good and should be part of the 'support pack'.

I find that 'server-features' thread very hard to read when scrolling through but that might just be me.
I'd happily do a thread if I can find some time as uni takes up a lot right now. But I'm sure I can come up with one within a week or so.

Adressing things not adressed yet:
What is the teams opinion of the rest that I suggested, that wasn't adressed yet ?
Evening out race quest experience is something that I think should've been done long time ago. And whereas I can understand that this might be a time-consuming task, I think it will be worth your time for the sake of this server. I remember myself creating my account here a few weeks after server launch I believe. And the only reason I did not stay and only came back a year or so later, was because I was immediately bored at the speed of leveling which made me leave.

The website could use a more noticable banner for new players. Murdock said the majority of starters we get come here due to mouth-to-mouth advertising, but I'm still confident some make their way on their own here, or are told we exist but not the pack.
I have some slight experience in HTML/CSS not JS so much but I know it would be a matter of seconds to replace the AA logo with a different picture without anything else changing. I know moving it up could mess up the entire layout and would be a pain to fix but it's all doable.

And what is your opinion on the player count ? I know you aren't a big fan of showing the active live-users. But what about the daily amount or weekly created accounts I suggested ? I'm sure even with the lowest of population, these numbers would be high enough to give someone the impression that it's worth starting here.

Last edited:
I believe the only suggestion that I and Sjinderson missed are the racial quests. As you correctly mentioned that will be a very time-consuming work to recheck and change all the races quests trying to balance them with each other. But would it really be worth it?! I don't think so. You can't complain on the speed of leveling on our server as you gain it with x5 speed here and can level up within just a few hours. And a difference between the races leveling in 1-2 hours should not be that noticable for it to require changes.​
I already replied you about the extra text on the website and confirmed that we will not be redesigning the website as well as explained you why yesterday in discord. Can repeat if you want. As for the statistics on new accounts created, it's already available. If you want to find out a daily one, you can compare it with a previous day but adding additional more detailed statistics like for a month, week, day, hours makes no sense and will not have the effect you expect. That is not something that is planned to be done.​
Well, as I understand you request a long discussion with going back and forth on each point you mentioned and our previous replies are not enough for you.​
As you possibly know, our team is currently very busy with working on 4.7 update, custom updates and testing. But if you find this discussion is more important than that, we can postpone 4.7 for a while, so we could go through every point discussing, arguing, going through the data, etc. It may take some time but if players feel that is something we need to do first, our team can postpone 4.7 a bit to go through this list, discussing every point and finally reaching an agreement.​
Let me know, and I'll inform the rest of the team about the priorities.​

It isn't a 1-2 hour difference leveling different races. You reach 45 in an hour on the new races and in the same time end up at 20-25 with your main source of experience used up. First part of green quests which is used solely for leveling ends here. All the ones that follow are time consuming and not efficient. With labor being locked behind Lv.52, players are forced to do sidequests that give a quarter or fifth of the experience the green ones give. And monsters aren't giving a whole lot either. It is a tremendous difference what race you pick in terms of speed for reaching Lv.50 and above.

Let's be realistic, who will compare the stats ? Or who'd even come up with figuring out you could compare it. It's the opposite of accessibility.
I don't request a long discussion but I am not satisfied when I get answers that are something along the lines of 'We won't do it because it won't change anything'. It sounds like you don't even bother trying and pull an Arianna Grande on me like 'No, thank u. Next.' The least you could do is add a hint to your answers and tell me that you don't find the time right now to properly explain yourself. But just giving me these short answers makes me wonder why I put time into any of this, get what I mean ?

I know you are busy working on 4.7 and my intentions aren't to delay it (why would they be). If you don't feel like answering right away I'm the last person to not show any patience about it. Answer whenever you want as long as you do. And if you think your time right now is limited, then we can continue the discussion when there's time for it, although it seems like there won't be anything coming out of this, except for maybe a buff of the Token.

Last edited:
With race quest exp.
Why does it matter? One races gets more exp than others. It won't change anything in the long run and a fair number of new players will afk fish those levels anyway ignoring the fact those races have increased quest exp.
What difference does a few hours make to levelling when thats just the beginning and if the process of levelling on an already enhanced exp server puts you off from the game then in a blunt sense you're not going to enjoy the long grind that is this style of game.

To this
"
Way of obtaining support pack:
Alright then it shall stay as it is. But if that is the case then I do not think any of the Beginner Token buffs would be abused by anone really, since it would be locked behind your way of obtaining the support pack in the first place.

Adressing the 'Beginner's Luck Giftbox':
This Box is outdated and parts of its content should be merged with the 'support pack'. The accessory should be of celestial rarity. These will make no difference whatever their rarity is, but making it celestial will have immediate positive impact at how someone thinks of their gear. They'll see the grade and will be happy about it whether it's useless or not doesn't matter. The honor potion is too low and could easily be doubled / triped / quadrupled. The Weapon bundle has basic grade obisidian weapons and only confuse new players. The costume is good and should be part of the 'support pack'. "

It sounds more like you rather see the beginners luck box and the support pack merged into 1 thing and hyper buff up what that luckbox is providing.
Could the box be tweaked and updates. Sure, you can make an argument for it. But this is horrific overkill

As for the website making more obvious I will give you an example to why it won't change anything
The level 52 labor restriction. When trying to spend labor prior to 52 you can get 1 of 2 messages.
Your level is to low
You need to be level 52
Now even with people being given a message telling them they need to be a higher level they still come and ask why they can't do X to be told what the game just said to them. But because we said it and not the game it now clicks something and they realise they can't spend labor till 52.

The access to information.
The websites home page has a button with bright white text with "Server features" that takes you to the features thread. Its in plain view.
The third topic list in the forums is the server features thread, below rules and beginner tips.
The discord has multiple channels setup with the same information.
2 channels. 1 for the game rules and the other for discord & and forum rules.
Server information, a condensed version of the thread.
Faq.
Some guides for basic things
The list of every automatic event in the game with set pins to quickly find whatever event.

We can't throw it anymore at people without it becoming obnoxious and a turn off.

"Discord bot:
It's a shame tha discord requires you to be verified to react to messages, but I think it would still be a good idea to set one up regardless. Players being greeted is a nice thing and if they'd get important info without them having to search for it, would be great. However the info should stay short and nobody should be overrun with walls of text by the bot. "
I find servers that do that incredibly obnoxious. You're also not counted as a user to the server for the bot to message you until you've verified your phone number. Otherwise you're not counted as a member of it for allow direct messages from server members.
Which at that stage you're either in the discord to ask questions or claim the support pack.

Back