What's new

Cryptic Lucky Scrolls

Tazboi

Since cryptic luckies were removed as a craft in 4.0, the only ways of getting them have been through the honor shop (25k honor, bound) and from cash shop boxes - most of the time not being sold due to being in low popularity boxes. Because cryptic luckies are somewhat of a commodity for cloaks and not much of a necessity, I would understand as to why Admins would be adverse to re implementing them as a crafting recipe, however I believe if other players agreed for its implementation it may sway their beliefs. The only other method I know for rerolling cloaks are transmuters, but because they randomize all of the cloak's stats, this method is largely unreliable and a much larger gold sink than cryptic luckies. I believe that, for the future of the server, cryptic luckies should be reinstated as a crafting recipe to match the drought we've witnessed recently.

Seconding. We previously had an ok supply of scrolls due to boxes and crafting that met their relatively low demand. Now, we have a higher demand because more people have Ayanad/Erenor cloak and Erenor gear, yet boxes with Cryptic luckies are far and few in between and we can no longer craft Cryptic luckies from PVE mats and Lord's Coins(this also would help slightly raise the demand for LC giving a bit more value to them again). Maybe since Obby mats aren't available anymore that the recipe just gets changed to 2 LC?

With so many people coming back/rerolling the cape situation is horrible with Cryptic's being in subpar boxes and costing 600g+ for a reroll. Make them craftable so that it can drop to like 150g again to make it manageable to reroll stats on cloak.

If cryptic lucky scrolls are to be made craftable again like they were previously their recipe will need to be updated with the patch.

The new recipe would resemble this
  • 1 Blank Regrade Scroll
  • 1 Lord's Coin
  • 360 Revenant soulstone.
  • 150 Possessed Topaz
Not a confirming recipe however if its agreeable then a change may occur.

I also believe that a change is necessary. As Fuji said, with so many people returning, the demand for Cryptic's have skyrocketed.

The current price of 25k honor was passable on live due to alts and multi-boxing (along with the help of quite a few other servers). Since we only have one server and alts/multi-boxing are not allowed, 25k seems a bit much to me. So many are using their honor for other things such as the 60k lunafrosts/lunastones, mornstones, gems, and etc. Either the cost of Cryptic's can be reduced or a new recipe is taken place.

As I started this post before Sjinder responded, I'd like to know the drop rate of these soulstones. How often do they drop from mobs if at all? Do they drop from every mob or just the Aust Followers near Ocleera spawn? I haven't farmed in DS for some time. I know that Ocleera also gives 60 soulstones a day so that should be of great help.

The drop was changed as of 4.5.
The quests are daily and only require you to kill mobs in Diamond shores.
The drop itself is fairly common dropping from Auth followers.

If you think of using the Possessed Topaz again, can you at least revert Possessed Topaz back or lower the amount that would be required? It was great in Golden Ruins since you can farm any mob there to get it. In Exeloch there are only less than a handful of mobs that drop it... :(

At the end of the day, if it is craftable its a big improvement for a lot of people being able to upgrade cloaks and reroll them.

Revenant soulstones are very annoying to come by, considering only 60 come from the Sprouting Ocleera's Marks alone. Assuming that you would prefer to stay with the Ocleera mat, I recommend that you lower the amount as it is not nearly as farmable as you might presume. Otherwise, I believe something similar to library mats (mercury solution, etc.) or Reedwind essence might be more reasonable.

Yeah, I don't think spending a more than few hours to farm a cryptic is really that reasonable to expect as a viable alternative or addition to 25k honor or cash shop, when those Aust mobs drop dumpster purses and have terrible rates on the stones.

I also believe that most of the Aust Followers have been replaced by the Abyssal Legion mobs. There would be quite a handful of people farming Aust Followers but there's only so much room and so few mobs to farm. While I'm glad this could possibly encourage PVP, many of the less-geared would get bullied out of spots unless they farm in peace. It would be nice to consider changing the recipe to library mats or Reedwind essence or yeah, look into the possibility of decreasing the cost of Topaz and Revenant soulstones.

It was mentioned above by one of the discussion participants that Cryptic Lucky Scrolls from the honor shop is hard to obtain as they are bound, so you have no choice but to accumulate honor to buy them. But Cryptic Lucky Scrolls in the honor shop are not bound. If players prefer to spend honor on other items instead of the Cryptic Lucky Scrolls, they can purchase them from other players or the auction house. Adding craft for this item will make its value to drop fast as well as make item useless in very short terms as this item has a very limited use.​
It was discussed on the Devs side and the final decision was made for the item to remain a honor shop item but to keep it tradeable so players could trade it with each other.​

It was mentioned above by one of the discussion participants that Cryptic Lucky Scrolls from the honor shop is hard to obtain as they are bound, so you have no choice but to accumulate honor to buy them. But Cryptic Lucky Scrolls in the honor shop are not bound. If players prefer to spend honor on other items instead of the Cryptic Lucky Scrolls, they can purchase them from other players or the auction house. Adding craft for this item will make its value to drop fast as well as make item useless in very short terms as this item has a very limited use.​
It was discussed on the Devs side and the final decision was made for the item to remain a honor shop item but to keep it tradeable so players could trade it with each other.​

Even for someone who attends all events and everything, the 25,000 honor per scroll is insanely expensive. It was selling for 150g+ or so when it was craftable (basically the price of a Lord Coin). The value of it dropping fast or not is kind of irrelevant considering how necessary it is and once you get your cloak rerolled to the correct stats you don't need it anymore. Considering how many stats you have that can be rolled at a time spending 600g+ each time is horrendous also taking the fact that it can take like 10+ scrolls to get the high rolls.

Please rethink it

Even for someone who attends all events and everything, the 25,000 honor per scroll is insanely expensive. It was selling for 150g+ or so when it was craftable (basically the price of a Lord Coin). The value of it dropping fast or not is kind of irrelevant considering how necessary it is and once you get your cloak rerolled to the correct stats you don't need it anymore. Considering how many stats you have that can be rolled at a time spending 600g+ each time is horrendous also taking the fact that it can take like 10+ scrolls to get the high rolls.

Please rethink it
I think its fair decision from the admins :). If you think about the current situation of the market right now almost everything has tanked in price. With the exception of lucky cryptic scrolls since there gated behind honor which created a new honor/gold sink for players since majority of other items have ceased to do that. With very little regrading happening for the average player it gives them something to work towards. Like you said its only a one time cost once you've perfected your cloak you'll never need them again meaning if the value of them is dropped then the item in its entirety will become worthless since everyone will just perfect there cloaks.
(Honor sinks are pretty much required as once you are gemmed there is legitimately nothing for you to do with the honor except sell gems)
I will say there is alternative methods to rerolling a cloak just seal and reseal it you will lose all the XP on that tier but transmuters are far cheaper then lucky cryptics.

I am also asking you to reconsider.

The only reason Cryptic's are down to 600g is because of this new box. Before it was 900g per and there would only be a handful on AH. The most I would ever see was 2-3 and if it was even any lower than 900g, it'd sell like a hot cake. The fact that there is no market for it other than when there's a box that drops it is frustrating. I wouldn't necessarily call it a "one time cost" either since people are always upgrading. You use Cryptic's for Ayanad and then for Erenor. You'd have to be really, really lucky to get the stat you desired in the first couple of tries and you'd have to be even luckier to get the high roll. To top it off, people go for more than one cloak. They have to repeat this process again for every cloak they want for their specs.

I don't know about you but I'm not very lucky.
I've had low rolls on my cloak for a very long time and have been waiting to get enough Cryptic's to try to get the stats I want but there is no market.
If you're worried that they will become useless then take them out of honor shop and back to how it was: craftable.

Edit: I forgot to add that using a transmuter makes it so you are risking 3 stats instead of one (if on erenor). It's just simply not worth unless all your stats are bad which is unlikely. No matter what, even if you use a transmuter, you have to go back to Cryptic's.

Last edited:
I think its fair decision from the admins :). If you think about the current situation of the market right now almost everything has tanked in price. With the exception of lucky cryptic scrolls since there gated behind honor which created a new honor/gold sink for players since majority of other items have ceased to do that. With very little regrading happening for the average player it gives them something to work towards. Like you said its only a one time cost once you've perfected your cloak you'll never need them again meaning if the value of them is dropped then the item in its entirety will become worthless since everyone will just perfect there cloaks.
(Honor sinks are pretty much required as once you are gemmed there is legitimately nothing for you to do with the honor except sell gems)
I will say there is alternative methods to rerolling a cloak just seal and reseal it you will lose all the XP on that tier but transmuters are far cheaper then lucky cryptics.
The honor sink you're talking about is the 60k lunafrosts. The 25k cryptic scrolls are just a nuisance since you still need gems as well. Between 10k honor gems (x5-7 per item) and rerolling cape...that is a lot of honor. Not to mention costume lunafrost...there is a lot of honor to sink into gear, so I think it being craftable just makes sense.

Rerolling a stat every week with a low and high roll of 14 stats on a cape is not starter friendly LOL

The honor sink you're talking about is the 60k lunafrosts. The 25k cryptic scrolls are just a nuisance since you still need gems as well. Between 10k honor gems (x5-7 per item) and rerolling cape...that is a lot of honor. Not to mention costume lunafrost...there is a lot of honor to sink into gear, so I think it being craftable just makes sense.

Rerolling a stat every week with a low and high roll of 14 stats on a cape is not starter friendly LOL
Capes aren't made to be starter friendly. 60k Lunafrosts that every player only needs a maximum of 5 in majority of scenarios is not a honor sink. You can make up to or even over 20k honor a day just from dailies let alone farming aegis/whalesong. Its like you said players might need way more then a couple of lucky cryptic giving them reason to come to events. This is a double honor server if you can't handle coming to events daily inorder to further your gear idk what to tell you.

Last edited:
Leaving it as honor and tiny drop chance from boxes is pretty horrifying. Even if you can get 30k+ honor a day attending all events (if they go successful, you have the time, etc), there's so many other things you may need honor for. Not only that, but 1000g+ value in mats for a reroll, when Erenor has 3 stats each, that's pretty frustrating after we already face so much RNG just to level it, now we gotta wait longer for it to be mildly useful stats behind high gold and time sinks?

Like others said, honor & prestige store prices were justified from the average player multiboxing 2-3 at a time. We can't do that here, so why can't Cryptics and Superior Earthglow Lunarite be relaxed a little bit?

Meanwhile , Loyalty has been stale for 2 patches due to lucky points dropping like candy with less actual regrades, old style lunafrosts that aren't as good as the honor ones (another constraint on honor), and the items in rotation just being repetitive and just generally undesirable compared to the weekly rotating options in boxes/credits.

Last edited:
I believe to have used 66 Scrolls to get perfect rolls on my cloak.
Just throwing a number in here for the team to get an idea how many one individual might need.

Capes aren't made to be starter friendly. 60k Lunafrosts that every player only needs a maximum of 5 in majority of scenarios is not a honor sink. You can make up to or even over 20k honor a day just from dailies let alone farming aegis/whalesong. Its like you said players might need way more then a couple of lucky cryptic giving them reason to come to events. This is a double honor server if you can't handle coming to events daily inorder to further your gear idk what to tell you.

Sure, capes aren't starter friendly but you are overlooking the high amount of honor you need for upgrading other things as well. For example necklaces (140k for mythic and 170k for eternal), warrior armor (62k honor for t1 and 72k for t2's), and a new 60k frost for every tier you upgrade to for necklaces. There's so much we need honor for to progress and now to top it off with a 25k scroll for a single chance at a reroll when there are at least 22 to roll from at eternal is insane.

In my nation I've had someone use about 30 transmuters for their cloak and another used 15+ cryptic's for theirs and they still do not have the stat they want. 15 scrolls is already 375k honor and 15k gold if bought from AH. I'm assuming taylor (trapwhre) used 66 scrolls while craftable but if we applied that to our current patch, that's 1,650,000 honor. 1,650,000 honor.

1,650,000 ÷ 20,000 (daily honor according to joey) = 82.5 days. Three months. Three months with no guarantee that you'll get the roll you want.
That's not even a scroll a day unless you farm for mobs for another 5k, lmao.

I would never spend 25k honor myself to use or sell a scroll myself. 25k honor is very valuable and more useful for other parts of my gear, sadly. I'm afraid more people would have the same opinion, which would result in a very low supply of scrolls.

Returning a crafting recipe would be very appreciated.

Back