What's new

Cryptic Lucky Scrolls

Capes aren't made to be starter friendly. 60k Lunafrosts that every player only needs a maximum of 5 in majority of scenarios is not a honor sink. You can make up to or even over 20k honor a day just from dailies let alone farming aegis/whalesong. Its like you said players might need way more then a couple of lucky cryptic giving them reason to come to events. This is a double honor server if you can't handle coming to events daily inorder to further your gear idk what to tell you.
is this the same joey that complained about having to use all his honor on rerolls for his lord's robes? the same joey whose cloak was legendary for 3 months straight? the same joey that's only done gr 2-3 times in his lifetime?

• Love
Reactions: bae
is this the same joey that complained about having to use all his honor on rerolls for his lord's robes? the same joey whose cloak was legendary for 3 months straight? the same joey that's only done gr 2-3 times in his lifetime?
Correct but I don't think my personal complaints as a player who would perfer to pay for everything rather then grind apply to the situation. Stay heated keep your discord drama on discord ?

Correct but I don't think my personal complaints as a player who would perfer to pay for everything rather then grind apply to the situation. Stay heated keep your discord drama on discord ?
I did lol. We sorted it out. It's just kind of rich to me you're making an argument about honor sinks and being fully gemmed when you've just admitted to paying for everything rather than grinding. Keep your forums drama on forums ?

I did lol. We sorted it out. It's just kind of rich to me you're making an argument about honor sinks and being fully gemmed when you've just admitted to paying for everything rather than grinding. Keep your forums drama on forums ?
Correct you brought up irrelevant information to the arguement inorder to discredit my statements. Yes I don't really try to grind honor I don't care to perfect my cloak. Yes it costs 10k honor per reroll on my costume that is my personal honor sink where pretty much all of my honor went for months it sucks but it is what it is. Welcome to archeage the game blows and sometimes you just gotta suck it up buttercup. Lucky cryptics are a perfect honor sink the arguement they gems and lunafrosts are already they arent sound enough to warrant a change. Gems / lunafrosts leave a player with choices to decide how they want to spend there honor and give honor value if you remove the amount of items that are high value for every player the worth of honor will dramatically drop on a server mind you that has 2x honor already.
Sure, capes aren't starter friendly but you are overlooking the high amount of honor you need for upgrading other things as well. For example necklaces (140k for mythic and 170k for eternal), warrior armor (62k honor for t1 and 72k for t2's), and a new 60k frost for every tier you upgrade to for necklaces. There's so much we need honor for to progress and now to top it off with a 25k scroll for a single chance at a reroll when there are at least 22 to roll from at eternal is insane.

In my nation I've had someone use about 30 transmuters for their cloak and another used 15+ cryptic's for theirs and they still do not have the stat they want. 15 scrolls is already 375k honor and 15k gold if bought from AH. I'm assuming taylor (trapwhre) used 66 scrolls while craftable but if we applied that to our current patch, that's 1,650,000 honor. 1,650,000 honor.

1,650,000 ÷ 20,000 (daily honor according to joey) = 82.5 days. Three months. Three months with no guarantee that you'll get the roll you want.
That's not even a scroll a day unless you farm for mobs for another 5k, lmao.
To quantify my statements made above if every player is like hurrdurrr I can just craft lucky cryptics and in this hypothetical world you guys are creating it costs them 1.6 million honor, try to put into perspective that without that honor sink they will roughly input 160 or so gems into the economy which will exponentially devalue honor.

Hypothetical world? This is a reality for some. Just because you do not care to grind and do not care to perfect your cloak doesn't give you reason to try and ruin it for others. We are struggling out here to progress with our gear because it is simply not worth it to spend 25k honor on a Cryptic lucky. If the AH and players are not providing what we need then we need to be able to get it some other way.

It isn't just gems and lunafrosts either. I've stated in that post you quoted that armor progression requires honor too. Many people go through numerous warrior armor pieces to get epic or lege. There are various other types of "honor sinks" so the devalue of honor you're worried about won't even happen. People don't spend their honor on Cryptic's anyway so what's the problem? Take them out of honor shop completely and make them craftable or maybe even lower the cost to 10k so they are the same as gems.

Overall this change would benefit the remaining players on this server. As you can see, there are multiple people from different factions wanting this change.
Something definitely needs to happen with Cryptic's because this is a problem for more than just one person.

The honor gain per day doesn't make sense with how much the scrolls cost. Even on a server with double honor there still isn't enough a day to justify making a consumable like this 25k honor. As joey pointed out the lunafrosts are 60k and those are permanent. Why is something that has an RNG chance to give the stats you want priced so highly?

Correct you brought up irrelevant information to the arguement inorder to discredit my statements.
You're making baseless argument irrelevancy claims without a basis for them being irrelevant. The claims you've so far have only worked to contradict your assumed argument on "honor sinks" for the average player. If you'd like to make a compelling argument that debunks both mine and YOUR claims that you do not fall under this category, feel free.

So far, both of us have made claims that devalue your argument and validity in honor gain and usage for the "average player." Here's a few in case you missed out on them.

Honor sinks are pretty much required as once you are gemmed there is legitimately nothing for you to do with the honor except sell gem
Correct but I don't think my personal complaints as a player who would perfer to pay for everything rather then grind apply to the situation.
Yes I don't really try to grind honor I don't care to perfect my cloak. Yes it costs 10k honor per reroll on my costume that is my personal honor sink where pretty much all of my honor went for months it sucks but it is what it is.

60k Lunafrosts that every player only needs a maximum of 5 in majority of scenarios is not a honor sink.
Gems / lunafrosts leave a player with choices to decide how they want to spend there honor and give honor value

With very little regrading happening for the average player it gives them something to work towards. Like you said its only a one time cost once you've perfected your cloak you'll never need them again meaning if the value of them is dropped then the item in its entirety will become worthless since everyone will just perfect there cloaks.
(Honor sinks are pretty much required as once you are gemmed there is legitimately nothing for you to do with the honor except sell gems)
Here is the only argument you've made so far in this thread. "Honor sinks" is a fluff word you've thrown around a lot despite not paying attention to the math provided to the time AND honor allocated over a period for the average cloak rerolls needed for a perfect cloak, when making your comparison about the input of gems into the economy.

In my nation I've had someone use about 30 transmuters for their cloak and another used 15+ cryptic's for theirs and they still do not have the stat they want. 15 scrolls is already 375k honor and 15k gold if bought from AH. I'm assuming taylor (trapwhre) used 66 scrolls while craftable but if we applied that to our current patch, that's 1,650,000 honor. 1,650,000 honor.

1,650,000 ÷ 20,000 (daily honor according to joey) = 82.5 days. Three months. Three months with no guarantee that you'll get the roll you want.
That's not even a scroll a day unless you farm for mobs for another 5k, lmao.

Understand that this is a period of three months of actively attending honor events by your estimation of 20k honor/day. This would mean that your expectation of 160 individual lunagems being inputted into the economy also follows suit to this time period. This would mean ~53 lunagems per month, or ~13 per week.

This is matched with a prior statement that disproves your understanding of an "average player's" honor gain and sinks.
Yes it costs 10k honor per reroll on my costume that is my personal honor sink where pretty much all of my honor went for months
Where most players have to spend 800-1000g on individual costume rerolls, you instead use the equivalent of 300-400g on lord's robes rerolls. From an honor perspective, you are using ~20,000 less honor per reroll than the average player just on costume rerolls. If you consider this to be an honor sink, I would argue that you have an extremely limited perspective when comparing it to cloaks.

Last edited:
i think you guys spend so much time in unchained than archerage and then are crying for honor, just go an grind it wh is pretty empty :D

also i think the values for honor shop should be modified i think 50k honor just for a basic red regrade is kinda abusive considering only can be used up to unique

Last edited:
i think you guys spend so much time in unchained than archerage and then are crying for honor, just go an grind it wh is pretty empty :D

also i think the values for honor shop should be modified i think 50k honor just for a basic red regrade is kinda abusive considering only can be used up to unique
Not even the dumbest person playing AR purchases regrade charms through the honor shop

I think your "argument" here concerning our playtime has no substance and should be completely disregarded. The only thing that I will agree with is that the honor prices for items are outrageous and should be revised to fit the server.
If you're going to spout nonsense and derail the argument then you can show yourself out. This change would even be beneficial to you seeing as how your cloak is still epic and you could run the risk of receiving bad rolls. :)

I'd like for this thread to remain productive and constructive.

I fully agree with the thread that the gold to honor ratio is not good, i think to balance out more honor-gold ratio, because the server is double honor as well, we should increase the cost of other honor items to match their honor costs, for example, t1 gems are 10k honor is 300 gold, and 300 gold for 10k honor isnt bad, compared to a cryptic 25k honor for 200 gold, so, i think to match the ratio t1 honor gems should be bumped to about 30k-35k honor to match their price.

I fully agree with the thread that the gold to honor ratio is not good, i think to balance out more honor-gold ratio, because the server is double honor as well, we should increase the cost of other honor items to match their honor costs, for example, t1 gems are 10k honor is 300 gold, and 300 gold for 10k honor isnt bad, compared to a cryptic 25k honor for 200 gold, so, i think to match the ratio t1 honor gems should be bumped to about 30k-35k honor to match their price.
I would like to remind you that the current prices of cryptic lucky scrolls is mostly due to the popularity of the Imperial Griffins box. Prior to this they were 600-800g each (approx. price Cowboy was buying them for), making it likely a nonissue in terms of comparative honor pricing to inflate that of gems.

Oh, well if cryptic cost is about 800 each, then I would support doubling the honor cost of them to keep it balanced out. if 25k gets me 800, thats like 30 something honor per gold, so then if i run aegis with our double honor, i get (I think) 3800 honor, at 30 gold / honor, thats over 100k of gold which is why i think we should probably actually increase the price of these considering a 20 minute event at most can net that much gold/honor, its big, then not even taking into account how much honor you can farm per day, its like 20 or 25k if you hit up each event, fairly op if you ask me.

edit; i did my math backwards, its like 800 gold, thats a lot.

Oh, well if cryptic cost is about 800 each, then I would support doubling the honor cost of them to keep it balanced out. if 25k gets me 800, thats like 30 something honor per gold, so then if i run aegis with our double honor, i get (I think) 3800 honor, at 30 gold / honor, thats over 100k of gold which is why i think we should probably actually increase the price of these considering a 20 minute event at most can net that much gold/honor, its big, then not even taking into account how much honor you can farm per day, its like 20 or 25k if you hit up each event, fairly op if you ask me.

You said it right at first, then you switched it. 25k honor/800g is equal to 30 honor spent per 1g gained. On the other hand, for calculating gold/honor, it's 800g/25k honor spent, which is ~3.2silver gained per 1 honor spent. Not 30g/honor lmao.

The max honor you can get per day is somewhere around 17k. That’s most events. Trying to max it out is 25k. A very select few days you can get 25k

Back