What's new

Cut content?

Veerdin

Hey everyone. Discovered ArcheRage about a week ago and I've been playing it pretty regularly since then. It's great to finally get back into this game without Trion hovering over the experience like a big gross stormcloud. And so far my time with the game has been far more positive than negative!

While I was scanning these forums, however, I saw something about this version of the game having content included in it that isn't present in any of the "official" servers, such as several ship components, ect... And that got me wondering - Back when I played on retail, I remember looking through an online wiki which listed huge amounts of items, mostly weapons and armour, that wasn't present in the game at all. Most of it was low-level stuff, in fact, stuff that we see used all the time by NPCs, E.G The "cutlass" katana model which pops up on NPCs all the damn time, but which is only available to players as an endgame, permanently enchanted raid boss drop.

Now, I'm big into what most of the gaming community (or at least the parts I tend to frequent) calls "Fashion Souls". I like to make my characters look cool, unique, pretty, ect. Even if it means forgoing stat bonuses in the name of aesthetics.

In a game where 90% of the playerbase runs around wearing the same endgame gear with weapons that are hidden behind enchantment effects so big they hide the actual weapons themselves, I actually try to keep my character's appearance very subdued and simple. In the retail version, I was upset to find out that much of the "realistic" gear being used constantly by NPCs and enemies was totally unavailable to players. But having seen that post about cut content being returned, I have to ask... Are these elusive items actually available in game now?

I'm talking about stuff like this:
72795cddcf.png

70a047d7d1.png

09ae259eca.png

So far I haven't seen any of them around but most of these are very early-game items, and with the increased leveling of AcheRage, it makes sense most people would blast past them even if they are in the game files.

And, if they aren't in the game files... Can they be? In the name of fashion?

Cheers.

The content we have added in is the stuff that never made it out of the korean version of archeage.
What you are asking about is taking the npc weapon models and creating them into an obtainable image weapons. like the dreadguard and hellkissed set.

The content we have added in is the stuff that never made it out of the korean version of archeage.
What you are asking about is taking the npc weapon models and creating them into an obtainable image weapons. like the dreadguard and hellkissed set.
Ahh, that makes sense, now that I think about it.

With that in mind, is it out of the question to see some of these items show up as image items in the future, perhaps? That'd be a lot more simple than coding in entirely new weapons, I assume.

If that will be just an image item, yes, most likely that will be possible. Something, will need to look into further.

Would love to see something like that in the future! Not sure where it would be implemented seeing as obtaining credits is fairly difficult for people who aren't comfortable using cryptocurrencies.

There is a working donation method without using crypto. It's been aroumd for some months now

There is a working donation method without using crypto. It's been aroumd for some months now
Oh? Could you provide me a link to it, please? If I can use paypal or some other payment method I'd be much more inclined to buy stuff.

Thanks! I appreciate the help, I'll check it out!
make sure that if you want to use the paypal function to pay, go to super rewards on pixelgamecard. Thought you can only do above $50 once a day. Also make sure you read the rules on the exchange.

Back