What's new

Something needs to be done about kraken/black dragon for the eu/asian player base.

New spawn timer for Kraken and BD. 1 month Trial

• - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • - 11:30 am Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Thu)

• - 12:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• - 3:30 pm Kraken + 5:00 pm BD (Tue)

• -11:30 am Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• -3:30 pm Kraken (Tue) BD (Thu)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We sell these boss items out of guild. I've posted on the discord trade chat recently about us selling these items.

yea pirates are selling stuff but at some disgusting prices and let's count how many ppl from east/west has them the number is so low and most of the kraken stuff that east have mostly came from pn1 or the remaining of them, i can only remember that bonk bought a kraken gilder from you guys and that was it since then

Are they at a premium? Of course. Also this is the only forum thread complaining about a lack of ability to attend events anytime recently, so I can fire this right back at you. Why did you just now create a forum post about wanting the ability to attend more content, when you haven't had grip on content for months, and allegedly "didnt care about it, uncontested pve lol".
because none of you cares about pvp and just want to free farm shit if you really do you was gonna complain about there's no pvp at those bosses, but you rather stay quiet about it since its just benefiting you guys and when someone finally talks about wanting to change and shift the time a bit to be more suitable for all players you suddenly care about pvp and ask to make it only one time a week event so you can just continue locking the boss items away from the rest of the server

On another note, a majority of the people in this thread that claim to be "EU" also attend the late-night halcy, which is 4 hours post-kraken spawn. Sounds like you guys are trying to pick and choose your battles.
the majority of what huh who? name them please because I dont know what you talking about bud why you so afraid of shifting the spawn time then 🤡 in the end you only care about pvp right :p

here again the whole idea of this thread is to make those bosses more accessible for ppl who couldn't do them before

I can deny that, because in the same vein of saying "hey spawn only one a week", I'm denying our group the other 2 kraken spawns that we would, allegedly, get for free.

The naivete of the people in this thread is astounding. Not to mention
I dont know what the Reduce in spawn days of the WB has something with this Thread in common. This Thread is about chaning the Times not the Spawns per Week. And im so glad you denying it for your self im so proud, not! Then we move it to the Prime TIme and nobody gets it fine for me but i dont want to see 1-2 Weeks later a cry thread we need more spawns we cant sell bd/kraken items etc

This right here doesn't make any sense in terms of your argument. RD was moved to instance, and the loot was greatly nerfed. Like, nerfed to the point where it's not even worth queueing until the achievement glider quest. Very rare that you get an item worthwhile from this instance, and when you do, it's going to be eons before the weapon can be used as an actual main slot. With this logic, if you want 6 krakens a week, you need to nerf the loot into the ground. Oh, and make it an instance. Oh, and make it PvE only like old Kadum. You should also get heavy hints of sarcasm from those last 2 sentences.
Dont see any Problem here, its now an instance you can do it or not, and again its only about items items items

Gonna mention this again. Most of the people complaining in this forum, go to late night halcy. Which is well after these two events in question. Considering last night we were rocking BD titles during the halcy. We had plenty of time to kill it, have a break, and then go.
I dont know anyone who do that, so i cant say anything about that Halcy. But like you said you had so many Time for BD why? Because it was in the Week were People must work, and you everytime forget that somepeople hav shifts but that is not from 100% from the EU/NA/China the Case.

Say it like it is now you dont want the Change only because you dont have the Chance to get Free Loot. Then in every Post from your Side i hear items items items and if this instance is shit because of items, we sell items, we do selling this and this etc. Thats the Main Point of your sides Opinion.

But thats not the Opinion of the Majority of the Server. If you want the Items fight for it when we all can contest it!

I will say this once and once only.
Stop saying if you want better boss timers go the other AR server. We do not only cater to an NA audience.

Now here's what I understand are the 4 proposed ideas.

• Create 2 spawns each day for Kraken and Black Dragon. 1 Eu based and the other as it is now at 6:30Pm and 8:00Pm
  • Change the spawn time of Kraken and Black Dragon to be earlier.
  • Change Kraken and Black Dragons spawn mechanic to be based on death/despawn instead of a set time.
  • Alternate spawn times on the 3 spawns in the week.
With a 3rd option of no change is made at all

Changing the spawn times is simple fact that some would no longer be able to attend while others could. That is just the way it is. Its not a matter of people are being made unable to go. But how many are now being made able to go vs those who now can't. Which purely from event statistics and earlier time would promote more activity at such events. However that is not always the case so its not that fair of a way to determine which is better.

So for both sides of who are wanting some adjustment and those who are against any changes being made.
Use some actual reasons to why you think which is better for the server. This is an Na server is not a reason.

changing the spawn time of kraken and black dragon to like after the first halcy would sit perfectly for all since we have chinese player base staying up until that and you have eu players super active at that time too and na players aswell

im not really a huge fan of creating 2 spawns each day for either of bosses but that wont have much of impact on the boss items prices like people fears since pirates dont even sell them since months :)

Change Kraken and Black Dragons spawn mechanic to be based on death/despawn instead of a set time.
that actually will lead to some interesting fights but then you will find people pushing the spawn time out of one of na/eu/asia time zone and just exclude them from doing those events so this idea is not so appealing for me

i'd be okay with the first option or the second one tbh

changing the spawn time of kraken and black dragon to like after the first halcy would sit perfectly for all since we have chinese player base staying up until that and you have eu players super active at that time too and na players aswell
This would not work for us either. NA EST is still at work or school and our west coast members would suffer as well.

The time difference is just to great between us and it makes it very difficult to cater to all audiences.

Too much to reply to, so I'll blanket statement it in a single post:

As for 'dodging pvp', this group of people have been here for a pretty long time. The only people who have directly left the server for a super extended period of time is PN1. It's not our fault competition leaves in an attempt to find easier fights. Also not our fault that their attempts were failed, and decided to not return. We've faced the competition, and you've used every excuse under the sun to soften the blow that is losing. We fought for our kraken items, do the same.

Saying no to the prime-time kraken event, that HAS been killed before by the alliance in the east and the west, is dodging pvp. I'm suggesting the highest population kraken, as the ONLY kraken, where you have every advantage over the pirates. You have enoans, people with gear, and most of all, numbers to fight it. So, what? You're afraid of the fight?

Explains a lot with the two biggest strats of either faction being "Wait in base for 5 minutes, come out, and then we'll feed and let them end if we don't win the first fight". You're not 'catering to the EU player base' in this thread, you're catering to lazy, sore losers who don't want to actually fight for rewards. That's what Kraken/BD/Any world boss/halcy is, fighting for a reward.

Also you all didnt react that bad when we made the same post about Luscas 🤷‍♀️

Luscas and world bosses don't even compare, lmao. No one would care about a little honor event like that.

Honestly, it's been said before. Keep the timer the same and have it summon once a week on the weekend. Just increase the loot to accommodate for it not spawning during the week.

I don't like any of the suggested options. Having it spawn 2 different times sounds like a bad idea. It promotes less pvp and honestly, I think the only boss that would even possibly die is kraken. Changing spawn timer is not good for NA players at all, lmao. Kraken is already at 3:30pm for me. Luckily I am able to go atm because class was either online so I could attend while having it open on another monitor or over.

Cardinals said it earlier but having it based on death timer is pointless, yes. Pirates will find a way to delay it and it would be easy to keep it at a later time since it'd be difficult for pug raids to even kill the bosses. They'd probably self-contest without even realizing. The last option just sounds like an absolute mess. Keep things consistent so there's no confusion and so people can attend without it affecting their irl every other day.

Make kraken/bd after halcy. I see pirates coming for it so shouldn't be a problem for their timezone, chinese players also coming for it. Only reason people are complaining now because you can free farm BD, Freefarmed kraken is already a joke overall.

After halcy would be too late. A lot of our members log off after late halcy since it's at midnight for EST gamers.

Saying no to the prime-time kraken event, that HAS been killed before by the alliance in the east and the west, is dodging pvp. I'm suggesting the highest population kraken, as the ONLY kraken, where you have every advantage over the pirates. You have enoans, people with gear, and most of all, numbers to fight it. So, what? You're afraid of the fight?
And again the Post end with "Rewards" aka Items thats the only thing in every Post from Pirates! I mentioned it before and it repeat everytime!

And you read what you want to read, nobody is a freight of the pvp, but everybody has better things to do then stay awake until 4-5AM or longer on a Saturday for EU then Sunday. So dont know what you are talking about like i said it earlier the only problem is the Time and the Idea to make it 1 Time with the same Time dosent change anything in attendenc whit the End of the Covid Pandemi where Reallife gets more back to normal so at this time again more and more people cant join because of other buisness outside of AR.

Explains a lot with the two biggest strats of either faction being "Wait in base for 5 minutes, come out, and then we'll feed and let them end if we don't win the first fight". You're not 'catering to the EU player base' in this thread, you're catering to lazy, sore losers who don't want to actually fight for rewards. That's what Kraken/BD/Any world boss/halcy is, fighting for a reward.
Like the Pirate Strat? Sandwich one Faction to kill the lowbies in the Back and then wait until the other Side pushes in?

As for 'dodging pvp', this group of people have been here for a pretty long time. The only people who have directly left the server for a super extended period of time is PN1. It's not our fault competition leaves in an attempt to find easier fights. Also not our fault that their attempts were failed, and decided to not return. We've faced the competition, and you've used every excuse under the sun to soften the blow that is losing. We fought for our kraken items, do the same.
Long, not long didnt know what this has now to do with the Suggestion of the Time Change but ok. And i dident see many attemps in my Time to do something because of the lack of People at a given Time.

So at the End Pirates want the same Time, only 1 Spawn per Week and Better Loot in it? Did i see that correct? This is rly lol. Why? it would change nothing and you would laughing about it because you would get it and we would only get it if we sacrefice our sleep in the Evening.

After halcy would be too late. A lot of our members log off after late halcy since it's at midnight for EST gamers.
She mean the Halcy from 14-15 Server Time after that 1-2 Hour Later should be working fine for everyone or are they logging out there too?

She mean the Halcy from 14-15 Server Time after that 1-2 Hour Later should be working fine for everyone or are they logging out there too?
So after the halcy where NA is working or in class? I thought the idea was to try to cater to everyone or is it just to cater to your alliance? I think many of us would be open to try to work out something that works for everyone but the reality is you guys want it to work for YOU.

Last edited:

I don't attend that halcy so I don't even know what time that is. Clearly I was talking about the late one. Keep your passive aggressiveness to yourself. :)

I don't attend that halcy so I don't even know what time that is. Clearly I was talking about the late one. Keep your passive aggressiveness to yourself. :)
was only a question if there are people that leave from your side, like we said we looking for a sloution for all sides

Luscas and world bosses don't even compare, lmao. No one would care about a little honor event like that.

Honestly, it's been said before. Keep the timer the same and have it summon once a week on the weekend. Just increase the loot to accommodate for it not spawning during the week.

I don't like any of the suggested options. Having it spawn 2 different times sounds like a bad idea. It promotes less pvp and honestly, I think the only boss that would even possibly die is kraken. Changing spawn timer is not good for NA players at all, lmao. Kraken is already at 3:30pm for me. Luckily I am able to go atm because class was either online so I could attend while having it open on another monitor or over.

Cardinals said it earlier but having it based on death timer is pointless, yes. Pirates will find a way to delay it and it would be easy to keep it at a later time since it'd be difficult for pug raids to even kill the bosses. They'd probably self-contest without even realizing. The last option just sounds like an absolute mess. Keep things consistent so there's no confusion and so people can attend without it affecting their irl every other day.
well keeping the timer is not going to fix it, once a week or whatever it is but keeping the timer is just the same as asking "don't do anything" or simple as "we will accept 1 free farm bd every week" still same problem there isn't it ? it's like if we are circling around : )

I know youre not complaining about NA times on an NA server right? That couldnt be what this is right? 😂

So at the End Pirates want the same Time, only 1 Spawn per Week and Better Loot in it? Did i see that correct? This is rly lol. Why? it would change nothing and you would laughing about it because you would get it and we would only get it if we sacrefice our sleep in the Evening.

Never said anything about buffing the loot it drops. I said it would create a scarcity in the items, which by itself increases the value of the loot. You and Bara are both in a rush to talk intelligently about a subject you aren't intelligent on, and it shows.

Like the Pirate Strat? Sandwich one Faction to kill the lowbies in the Back and then wait until the other Side pushes in?

It's almost like we've asked for more slots to circumvent this problem and be able to take more head-on fights. Side note, we camp respawns on occasion even with these numbers, so nice attempt at making an excuse for your own factions short comings, again. Sorry we're fighting smarter, acknowledging out disadvantage and using it to our benefit. I think that's called strategy?

And again the Post end with "Rewards" aka Items thats the only thing in every Post from Pirates! I mentioned it before and it repeat everytime!

I'm... confused at this. You realize why you do bosses right? Like, are you that ignorant to the concept of killing a world boss, that the idea of the 'reward' is alien to you? You pvp over the boss, it's objective based gameplay. There's only one event in the game that exists for us to 'pvp to pvp' and that's halcy, which, guess what, we're gated on attendance!

well keeping the timer is not going to fix it, once a week or whatever it is but keeping the timer is just the same as asking "don't do anything" or simple as "we will accept 1 free farm bd every week" still same problem there isn't it ? it's like if we are circling around : )

I said keep the timer because it was clear people could make it since y'all were attending when you had the east/west alliance. If we absolutely had to change spawn timer for this specific option, I'd suggest by 1-2hrs. Anything more is too much imo.

was only a question if there are people that leave from your side, like we said we looking for a sloution for all sides

I don't know. I don't attend anything at this time. Someone else from pirates will have to answer this.

I said keep the timer because it was clear people could make it since y'all were attending when you had the east/west alliance. If we absolutely had to change spawn timer for this specific option, I'd suggest by 1-2hrs. Anything more is too much imo.

glad at least one there is actually trying to help, but i want you to tell me how is it clear for you that everyone can make it at every Kraken/BD when we only managed to pull that number at Saturday (a weekend) i still see you all avoiding the fact that it's a weekend which is why we got that many, Kraken time is late and some could afford staying awake till 1:30 AM and then contesting it for idk 1 or 2 hours max before they are exhausted, but no one is going to make the sacrifice and stay till 3-4? AM just to try BD and idk how long it takes

Idk how they log off if i see people farming ehm/whm after that. Also why do i see NA players that are not in pirate faction and they're not complaining aboute time swaps, only pirate NA players :? . Yall talking about loot, telling it to keep it at the same time spawn it once per week and even have better loot??? We some kind of idiots or what that don't understand where you dragging it lol. If West/East NA players agrees on that, it just points a pure fact about your thoughts on freefarm. Simple, end of story, next time think better before writting stuff because you're expressing your inner thoughts out. Peace

I'm... confused at this. You realize why you do bosses right? Like, are you that ignorant to the concept of killing a world boss, that the idea of the 'reward' is alien to you? You pvp over the boss, it's objective based gameplay. There's only one event in the game that exists for us to 'pvp to pvp' and that's halcy, which, guess what, we're gated on attendance!

Jerrod you're a pirate, simple as that, pirate is a punishment in this game and not a player nation, so ofc you're gated and should not get upset about not having so many either

Back