What's new

DarkRunners vs Primevil's using Leech Hate

Cetra

So like plenty of others, played this since Alpha. This is the first server I've gotten several reactions from DR players that when I leech them as a prim after they close the Gap such as "lol leech" , "leech on prim why?".

I'm genuinely curious as to whether or not there's just an above average number of ignorant DRs/Players on this server or they're just crying because they hate getting leech since it's one of their favorite skills and it also sets up a possible 100-0 combo in OW.

So I'm curious especially to those DarkRunners hating on Prims, what's the "Logic" behind your thinking.

- Leech is the only CC you can't break as DR from a Prim.
- Leech sets up one of the most deadly possible 100-0 combos for Prims.

Another common "Insult" is "LoL Boneyard" if you use it. Yes, aware it's bugged until 3.5 and sometimes people can get out of it but if you time it right it's yet another escape for a prim against DRs and a free snare > snipe > trip > combo.

The best Prims I've seen play this game have all taken both Leech/Shadowstep and some play with BY too.

Enlighten me to as to what these DRs that are losing but offering their suggestions and commentary know that I do not whilst my pockets overflow with honor.

Thanks.

Primevals have around 4 to 5 potential CC abilities.
The problem with leech is that primevals can continually hold bleed/poison on an enemy.
This cancels leech instantly.
And no. The best primes don't take leech, though they do shadowstep. Worst case, use it on yourself and get a speed boost.
Snare is probably the best as not only is it an unremovable cc, it also removes shackle which is a cc that prevents combat abilities though has the same problem.
And no, leech is not the most deadly combo as a prime

Primevals have around 4 to 5 potential CC abilities.
The problem with leech is that primevals can continually hold bleed/poison on an enemy.
This cancels leech instantly.
And no. The best primes don't take leech, though they do shadowstep. Worst case, use it on yourself and get a speed boost.
Snare is probably the best as not only is it an unremovable cc, it also removes shackle which is a cc that prevents combat abilities though has the same problem.
And no, leech is not the most deadly combo as a prime

Hello! I really appreciate the reply! I disagree with some of the opinions you have shared but that is of course fine because there's isn't any 1 "Meta" way to play prim, glad someone jumped in to discuss.

I do have a couple questions, the purpose of this thread is not to 1up anyone or anything it's 100% for research purposes only just in case anyone gets any wrong ideas. With that out of the way.

1) Who do you consider the best Prims in the world, 1 or 2 is fine?
-I'll throw 3 quick names, 1) Kooncoon obviously who used leech plenty as prim early days before he developed a HATRED for it because of DRS. He has multiple videos complaining on it with very valid points that people with leech tend to depend on it, I want to clarify that one should not depend on the same combos and leech all the time regardless of class.

x1: Example:
x2: Example:

Note that he constantly bitches and runs because of leech. Also consider in AA first days, he did not feel this way about leech. This only supports the power of Leech and why so many people cry about it, it's a very strong skill for ANY class.

- 2) Rythmn, someone I've played with several times in several different competitive MMOS in his guild. Rythmn has a ridiculous ping like Koon and like Koons early days before despising Leech, also ALWAYS uses leech in arena.

(note in the vid he says he uses leech but is in pve spec using meditate while recording)

- 3) Obiwankenobi, Russian player who uses similar build to myself at times abusing Leech>Snare>Snipe>Trip>Overwhelm>Backdrop>Dagger>Charged Bolt> Concussive Arrow> BoneYard > Float.

3.0 Patch

I would also like to point out the statement about poison/bleed canceling sleep immediately is absolutely 100% factually false, it depends on both where in the GCD tick it is when Slept and whether or not the dmg is absorbed etc. This is why you commonly don't see sleep get broken by these DOTs because nobody is left sleeping to stand around however you will get knocked out of stealth everytime. It should also be noted, DR can break out of snare and catch if not properly chain cc'd so snare is not a replacement for leech only another great option to add.

------

I agree with Snare as I use it as well, Snare breaks shackle and also causes a trip with snipe it is a good skill. I would never suggest wasting a skill on Shadowstep soley for 3 seconds of run speed, that's the biggest waste I've ever heard considering other options, your build as a prim should already be stack with more than enough run speed, skill points are valuable.

Second Question:

1) You stated Leech doesn't start the best Prim combo, I don't agree or disagree with this because there are devasting combos that don't use leech at all but rather mobility, dagger, bolt stun, concussive etc. I would however like to know your opinion on the best or best 2 Prim combos that don't include leech. Thank You.

As you can see here, clearly Leech is an extremely powerful weapon for Prims and those who don't respect it die often and then complain of Archers using it with the usual low IQ attempts to troll and make comments that could in some cases make a player question his choices for skills for the sake of trying to get that player to use a weaker spec. Psychology.

Also, Leech may not be the most "powerful" combo starter but it 100-0's people in both arena and OW so that doesn't matter, dead is dead.

Thanks for the dicussion, I eagerly await your reply and hope to learn something new or a different perspective for options to approach the class and I respec a lot depending on situation and opponent.

----

This is off topic but it's apparent the team is able to make changes to the shop, create their own items etc. for sale. I'm curious as to what the issue is with correcting DarkRunner broken damage? I don't want anyone to get the wrong idea, I mained DarkRunner from closed Alpha to open and up until the original servers died, I liked DarkRunners a lot and have one on this server as well but they're a completely broken joke class in current state. Is it the choice of your dev team to not correct this mistake or is it something that is not accessable.

I work for game developers myself and am fluent in Python, C , C#, C++, Java, Learning Solaridy for blockchain. The fact that I haven't attempted to get the server files myself and have a look I'm curious, is the stupidity of DarkRunner imbalance fixable or is it just something everyone has accepted and no efforts will ever be made or is skill/weapon damage something your team is just simply unable to modify because of the engine? I ask this because I spent a decent amount in donations to support the game but I also expect my money to go to fixing the mistakes from live rather than setting up a weekly shop, do it right and the money will keep coming.

Good day!

Last edited:
Honestly, I play a Mage 90% of my time in game. And if I'm fighting some dr who has all of his damage on instant skills/ abilities, you better bet I'm going to leech them. People need to get over it. I don't cry if I'm leeched, it's an ability in the game. deal with it

I always refused using Leech as Primeval because I hated people using it on me and felt disgraceful if I'd use it myself.
But honestly, leech is stupid strong and it makes you win a ton more duels.
I'm not even talking about opening with Shadowstep > Leech > Snare > Snipe etc, but rather the ability to steal a buff from your enemy and an additional when target is slowed. I myself dont play with Piercing Shot so I don't worry much about my sleep breaking.
I very often just Charge Bolt someone, Shadowstep and Leech then just continue to kite and do my stuff.
Gale Charged Bolt makes me not worry about not being able to Throw Dagger Stun someone because by the time i need to use it it's cooldown has already passed so opening with Charged Bolt is the best you can do in my opinion.
Taking Battlefocus from a DR is so impactful to the duel, yet it's RNG so not guaranteed.
I believe any good Primeval should run leech. It also helps prevent a Trip when Snared if you just spam it.

Back