What's new

Day One Hasla Event Thoughts and Concerns

Disrep

The first thing I want to say is thank you so much for this. What you guys did went above and beyond what we expected. I don't remember the last time I had good small scale pvp at 1 am. It's awesome and definently is a great start. However there are a few concerns that we have noticed with the event that could effect its viability later on. I will try to break this down into sections.

This event is not a viable catch up mechanic
So this is our first concern. The issue with this event is that the mobs are too strong for new players. <big damage> has some of the highest geared players in the game and we were having issues staying alive. In large raids it isn't an issue, but later on during the night, unless a faction raid goes out there or you have a guild filled with 30+ players, you aren't going to get it done. With this being said, the mobs are fine. We have different solution.

The idea behind catch up mechanics are to give players a chance to be put in a reasonable state to where they won't feel overwhelmed starting fresh into the game. If a player is going to continuously die and have to fight with 50 other people for these tokens, they might as well spend that time getting gold and attempting to buy a weapon that way. So from here, we think this event would see more pvp, and an even better reason to go to hasla if you separate the crafting recipes between resplendents and weapons.

The key charm of old hasla was that at any time, people could go there and endlessly kill mobs till they got the weapon of their choice. We believe the spirit of that should be kept. Separating crafting recipes would allow people to utilize abandoned drill camp and have it be a true way to catch up to the gear gap. This would also allow other things such as regrade charms to be put into the actual rift, bringing even more incentive to go out there.

In addition to the recipes needing to be split, the weapons need to be a tiny bit better. Currently the weapons cap at t4 obsidian. I do not know what they are currently at once you unseal them, but anything below celestial unfortunately isn't worth it at all. My suggestion would be to make t4 automatically roll up to celestial.
At this stage in the game, celestial t4 weapons or equivalent are pretty terrible, but it will get the job done. This is the purpose of a catch up mechanic. Getting a free celestial t4 is a good starting point that won't lead to abusing.

The Bosses are not worth doing
Earlier today, we tried the bosses with a 50 man raid and it was terrible. They were far too hard to kill with very little rewards. Unfortunately 20 tokens of a random type isn't enough to convince anyone to do them. Even just tanking one boss at a time proved to be difficult. I would suggest either buffing the rewards or nerfing the boss. You could make each token drop, but only drop 10 each for example. It may have worked on the RU server, but NA has a much lower gear score average, making it much harder for us.

Different spawn timers
I'm sure you have heard this many times, but there needs to be different timers for both west coast players and people that play from other countries. The 9 pm est one that happened today was completely dead because everyone was at luscas instead. The key thing here is finding that balance when there isn't any server events going on such as Halcyona, Luscas, and Mistmarrow to put these events in.

Give pirates no jail time here
The only pirates left are <burgenvold>, but I see no reason to leave them out of the fun. It would be nice for pirates to come and have fun in this event as well.

In the end, I'm plesently surprised and happy with this event. This is only day one, and some of the concerns might be fixed in the coming week, but it's still nice to give feedback on what we think about it so far. Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited:
I agree with these points, our raid had a bunch of 4-5k GS healers and we had a hard time keeping people alive. The damage, especially from the bosses, was a lot to handle and this event definitely doesn't seem like something for completely new players.

Another suggestion :

As you may have noticed, not everyone gets tokens from the mobs, it's highly dependent on RNG. Why not add a daily quest for that rift ?

There could be 4 quests :
Wave1, 2, 3, and 1 boss kill. Each of these could give maybe 2x of a token (meaning doing an entire rift would give you 2x of each token everyday), and add onto that the actual looting. That would allow for everyone to be able get something out of the rifts, aswell as encourage going out at least once

EDIT: The reward could be an Uncertainty Sealstone, which would allow for players to choose which kind they get; Give 1x Uncertainty Sealstone per quest for example

With regards to "Different Spawn Timers"...If during prime time, you have to decide what to do, that isn't a bad thing...Since the start of the server I've done about 5 luscas and successfully completed the quest once. The event is dominated by the west. There is no reason to assume this Hasla event will be any different. Having multiple events so zerg guilds have to pick and choose which content they want to take is good for the people not in those guilds.

Hi All!

@Disrep thank you for bringing some points to our attention. We'd like to give Hasla some time, for players to see how it's going. There are still some points that may need slight changes, but it's hard to make a conclusion from just 1 incomplete day of event so we'd like to give it just a bit more time as it is.

Please keep discussing and meanwhile we'll keep an eye on the situation.

I'm just passing by to enforce that the bosses are insanely hard to kill. It was painful to hear people with epic/legendary weapons saying that they were hitting the bosses for 100s, 200s with crits. Btw we had like 50-60 people hitting a single one of the bosses and it took us like 10-15mins to kill with basically no contest

Hi All!

@Disrep thank you for bringing some points to our attention. We'd like to give Hasla some time, for players to see how it's going. There are still some points that may need slight changes, but it's hard to make a conclusion from just 1 incomplete day of event so we'd like to give it just a bit more time as it is.

Please keep discussing and meanwhile we'll keep an eye on the situation.
I think it is obvious that the mobs (and especially the bosses) are WAY too strong. This would make it near impossible for players with low gear to survive (Organized group with gear far above what a beginner has had trouble surviving the waves).

It's good you're open to feedback tho

@Disrep @Gugu I agree with you guys in that the mobs are maybe little to tough to manage. I was in a raid myself that most of us were 5k+ gear score and it was not easy to complete. Not only you have to deal with the mobs but you have other players to deal with as well in pvp situations. I am going to recommend to admins we tone the mobs down a little to give the newer players chances to complete this event.

The decrease in the mobs strength will lead to big inflow of bots. That is the reason mobs were made that level strong. New players can gather into the groups with other players or guilds and work it out as well.

We'll make some changes to the boss strength/rewards though.

I am not so sure bots will be an issue at this event. You will always have a ton of real players at this event, this alone will take care of the bots. Bots are horrible at PVP :) You also might want to look at the times of the rifts little bit too? Maybe give 3 events prime time for each time zone? 3 for east coast and 3 for west coast and 3 for EU players? Just a thought thou!

@Disrep @Gugu I agree with you guys in that the mobs are maybe little to tough to manage. I was in a raid myself that most of us were 5k+ gear score and it was not easy to complete. Not only you have to deal with the mobs but you have other players to deal with as well in pvp situations. I am going to recommend to admins we tone the mobs down a little to give the newer players chances to complete this event.
I'm fine with keeping mob strength, just separate the crafting materials so newer players can get their weapons

I don't think disrep's post was read correctly - we were discussing this last night in the public discord and we all agreed that the rifts should STAY the same. Mob strength and all. The bosses need a bit of tweaking to be worth it, but that's about it.

The BIGGEST issue is that this is not a viable catchup mechanic at all, and you can realize that off of day 1 of doing it. It will take new players WEEKS to get a weapon where at that point they could farm enough gold to get an equivalent weapon or if not better by that time of being able to afford one off of this event.

We spoke about this and all agreed that what the best way to do this is separate the crafting materials for resplendent scrolls and the weapons and then add the materials needed for the weapons to regular hasla mobs in abandoned drill camp so they can be farmed by new players.

We also were talking about it and if you could do this make the weapons immediately divine or let it be tiered up to divine - ex. t1 heroic - t2 unique - t3 celestial - t3 divine

sort of like the hasla weapons already in place. The standard for this server is divine if not better already, and this is something that really should be considered for newer players being able to compete. This was a huge issue with Trion because all they offered for people to come back was soulforged weapons... and that actually NEVER helped anyone at all.

With these weapons I highly suggesting add a free armor set that lasts a month that is better than that basic obsidian set you are already offering. Please add in something WORTH it so it makes more players want to come play and not be completely far behind or feel that way

Last edited:
The bosses definitly need to be re-worked in many aspects. If you look at the really low drop rate ( I think it was 20 crystals ) and it took our whole raid of pretty much 50 people + arround 20 big damage , 15 ish minutes, with quiete some deaths for it , it's just unreal.
Let aside what requires to make a weapon and what the status on it are..

One thing that could be viable is a daily quest like Gugu said ( could make it so it pops automatically like many others when in the area ) as if a player gets x amount of mob kills or even boss kills , get x rewards. Bare in mind for new players this is undoable in all sorts of aspects, raid or not.
If you don't have 4.5k + gs and every single buff possible , it's impossible to do rifts without dying endlessly from what i noticed by the people arround.
Having 2 automated quests ( 1 for mobs with one reward, and a different one for boss(es)) would also make it more viable , since people wouldn't simply rely on random drops. I've had a friend last night who in nearly 2h got 1 crystal drop, which you need an insane amount to craft something.

Lately the pirate part like Disrep said , would be really nice , would also promote more PVP and that's always a plus. Make it less one/two-sided in this case.

Tomorrow's technical restart will bring some changes to Hasla Event.
Exact updates were announced earlier today.
We ask you to continue playing and inform us if you notice any glitches. We also appreciate your ideas and will gladly listen to them, but not all of them can be implemented and not everything can be done quickly.

We ask you to continue playing and inform us if you notice any glitches. We also appreciate your ideas and will gladly listen to them, but not all of them can be implemented and not everything can be done quickly.
That's more than fine, the fact that you guys responded super quick to this means the world to us. Thank you!

I like the changes, they are good. Is there anyway you could give a response to my post?

Back