What's new

Discord participation

You don't need to provide your phone number to join our Discord and read it. But if you want to write there, you'll need phone number confirmed Discord account.

In the modern society somebody still doesn't have a phone? Hard to believe.
But if that's a thing, you can still read Discord.

It's not that I don't have a phone, it's that I think giving out my phone number to a private, questionably-legal MMO server in order to chat in their Discord is a bit silly.

I get wanting to stop spammers, but surely there's a better way of verifying users, no? :)

Hell, I barely want to give my cell # to my clients and they give me money. ;)

You are not providing your phone number to us, you provide it to the Discord owners when you verify your Discord account. There is no way for us to see it.

The restriction requires a discord verified account usint a phone number. Not we need a phone number to verify your account.

Im a long time on Discord now and im not giving my number, easy as that,
Its sad to get excluded from the community, voice chat is very importand for this game, but .. no.
No im sorry, if there is no way to enter ArcheRage Discord society without giving my number, then im out.

Why is ArcheRage the only group in Discord were i have to verify me being a real person by my phone number ?

If you want me (and what i saw, others as well) to take part in the real game, the telephone number thing must go, else im not joining there.
Discord does not want my number, only(!) the ArcheRage group wants it and i have a lot of creative ideas about the why's ..

Remove it and ill happy donate.

As we mentioned above, you are not providing phone number to us, you provide it to Discord team when you verify your account with them. We don't see your phone number or have access to it in any way.

The only way to write in our Discord is to have the Discord account that was previously verified by phone. That is done to duplicate accounts created in Discord and spam in there from multiple accounts by same person.

You can read our Discord even without verified by phone account but if you want to write there, you need to have a verified one. We'll not remove that requirement.

You seem to not understand how discord verification through mobile works.
Mobile verification is a security settings by Discord that is enabled. We never get any phone number of anyone, we can't get it if we wanted to. Your number stays with Discord and only them.
The phone number restriction will not be removed. It prevents spam accounts from mass spamming channels

Discord never asked for my number.
Its not required.
The phone number restriction comes from the administrators of the ArcheRage Discord team, you said it, it will not be removed and it prevents the evulz ..
/shrug .. ya, then not ^^

Well i dont wanna provide my phone number to discord team, because discord sells and shares all info you share xD so yea i only read the discord, is my own choice c: and being able to read all announcements and updates is perfect! thanks for that opportunity.

Back