What's new

Do You Still Need To Be Level 50 To Use Labor?

Tiptoe

I did a stupid thing. I fell for the hype and started playing ArcheAge Unchained. All I really wanted was a fresh start on a new server (cause this is when AA is at its best). But words just can't describe how terrible AAU is.

So I'm thinking of coming back to ArcheRage. But I'd like a fresh start with a new character and I want to take my time leveling up (cause I like to role play and I enjoy a slower pace). But then I remembered. There was a restriction that didn't let any character under level 50 use labor. Is this restriction still in effect?

If it is, then that really screws up my plans. Cause I don't want to have to rush to level 50, just so I can start playing again.

Cheers.

Required level is 52 to start crafting, gathering, farming and all that stuff. I remember players saying it was a countermeasure against bots. Until then, fishing and openning purses is all you can do to burn your labor.

I did a stupid thing. I fell for the hype and started playing ArcheAge Unchained. All I really wanted was a fresh start on a new server (cause this is when AA is at its best). But words just can't describe how terrible AAU is.

So I'm thinking of coming back to ArcheRage. But I'd like a fresh start with a new character and I want to take my time leveling up (cause I like to role play and I enjoy a slower pace). But then I remembered. There was a restriction that didn't let any character under level 50 use labor. Is this restriction still in effect?

If it is, then that really screws up my plans. Cause I don't want to have to rush to level 50, just so I can start playing again.

Cheers.

Just get a fishing rod and ask for some bait worms, go fishing overnight while you're asleep and you'll be 52 in no time :)

They stated that they want to take their time leveling because they RP. They don't want to do the fishing work around.

They stated that they want to take their time leveling because they RP. They don't want to do the fishing work around.

Then they can RP/quest up to the hard point and bypass it by fishing (since there IS a point where the quest XP stagnates). It's a small price to pay for the experience, it isn't like you CAN'T spend labor and RP further once you're at level cap

If you're looking to RP, this probably isn't the game for you. Not to dissuade you from playing, because it's a really fun server, but I'm not sure what kind of community you think you're hopping into.

You're very right, Flips. Just sounds like they were already disappointed that they can't use labor from Day 1 on what they desire to, rather than what helps them level. I RP heavily when I am baked, and how fantastic the storyline is in AA, I can see (I guess . . . being 52 won't stop them from doing story quests). I don't know. I agree with you Flipsy, but I won't judge someone who wants to level with questlines.

Cheers.

The server is 4x XP rate of normal
You will level up very very quickly even just doing the Green Q only in less than 1 day :DDDD

And then at the end of it all you get a t5 divine gear pack... what is a few hours worth of effort for getting set up for good :D????

EDIT: oh you are wanting to reroll on a new char.... I see...

Last edited:
Bummer! I was afraid of that. Thanks for the replies.

You can do larceny though, and salvage any gear you get from mobs. Aside from fishing, that's the only thing you can burn your labor on before lv52. And, imo, it's a good prof in the long run.

Back