What's new

Does this game play poorly for anyone else?

PocketOfCrumbs

Ever since starting this game, I've been having major struggles with the UI being extremely unresponsive. In parties and raids I find myself having to spam-click on each nameplate at least 3 times just for it to register and the same for skills when clicking them. Makes healing an absolute nightmare.

I thought maybe it was a latency issue since I am playing from OZ with an average of 340 ping. However, I play on Warmane with roughly the same latency and it's super responsive. Ui works perfectly.

Do I have graphics set too high or something? My fps is typically around 100fps but maybe the settings cause some type of latency slippage or delay. it's extremely problematic for me playing as a healer and just feels awful in general.

It's very bizarre that I've not seen or heard anyone speak of this issue. But it's so glaring on my end. I feel practically useless like I'm healing with one hand and one eyeball behind my back.

spam-click on each nameplate

You clicking in the raid frame or are you clicking the names above players? If the latter, you gotta click on the player itself not the name.

Keep in mind, either way, that there are skills that block you from targeting someone or that prevent swapping targets.

You clicking in the raid frame or are you clicking the names above players? If the latter, you gotta click on the player itself not the name.

Keep in mind, either way, that there are skills that block you from targeting someone or that prevent swapping targets.

Hey,

Definitely clicking the health bars themselves. It's consistently horrible for me. A lot of things just feel very unresponsive. Selecting party/raid frames are just the most problematic.

Such an annoying mystery. :S

You're not alone. I'm playing from Australia as well and at times the response times can be appalling. I'm not exaggerating when I say I can get lag delays of up to 30 secs at a time. Lag is my number one leading cause of death :mad:

You're not alone. I'm playing from Australia as well and at times the response times can be appalling. I'm not exaggerating when I say I can get lag delays of up to 30 secs at a time. Lag is my number one leading cause of death :mad:

I feel your pain. It was ultimately the main reason I stopped playing this game.

I can deal with regular latency issues, but I think this goes beyond the ordinary, and something possibly not strictly related to latency at all, but rather the game is so damn clunky to play as a healer. Not just the party/raid UI interface issue but the casting mechanic portions in this game (possibly only at high latency) feels dreadful.

As much as I adore many aspects in this game, many of which I believe are vastly superior to other MMO's, playing a caster is just not fluid at all, particularly healing.

Depressed about the whole affair I went back to Warmane where I have almost identical latency and it's night and day. Healing, casting and targeting is smooth and fluid as running water. No delay on targeting, no frame/UI issues, like at all. Moreover, healing/caster classes just feel so much better mechanically.

I'm quite dumbstruck how unresponsive and janky this game is by comparison. Not a complaint per se, I was just feeling overcome with feelings of aggravation as it felt like playing blindfolded like my gameplay was being sabotaged by some lag-bot that also prevents you from selecting frames.

I'm not actually that upset about it anymore as this issue seems to have culminated and converged with the separate realization that this is NOT the game to play for PVE content. Perhaps I should have known that from the start. I played this game for a month up to 12 hours a day and not once did I heal anyone in any meaningful way. The progression disparity and general lack of dedicated PVE content resulted in some of the most stagnant and lifeless progression I've personally experienced. The daily/weekly raids, are horrendously monotonous, repetitive and uninteresting on all levels. It's the same thing over and over with the same recycled enemies over and over. Even the world boss raids are incredibly dull and a supreme lagfest of chaos where 70% of the raid stand there like stunned mullets while being carried by a few people with 4x the gearscore.

My take is that you feel entirely inconsequential if you aren't in the top 20% of progression. That might not seem so bad until you realize what's involved getting there. What's funny is that I actually love grindy games, well, it is if the process itself has something going for it. I could actually persist through it if there was some sense of intermediate progression, but there really isn't. It's the top 20% carrying the rest with nothing in between.

You will not find any low/intermediate content or people doing them nor are the rewards from them even relevant at this point. I just wanted to do dungeons and heal people and be useful, but I was precluded from that on so many levels. I would of been happy just to farm outside of that, but land-hogging prevents you from that also.

I'd say it was my mistake for thinking this game is anything but open-world PvP. This lag/frame issue was the straw that broke the donkey's back and I'm actually glad it landed when it did.

You will not find any low/intermediate content or people doing them nor are the rewards from them even relevant at this point.

Tbh, recently I see more and more people recruiting for the dungeons via the instance recruitment links, and aside from that, I'd recommend finding/having an established group to do things with. That's how I've done content so far. It's nice to have a steady group to rely on + it's easier to schedule when you're doing things.

Even the world boss raids are incredibly dull and a supreme lagfest of chaos where 70% of the raid stand there like stunned mullets while being carried by a few people with 4x the gearscore.

With the latest patches, there's been an attempt to make bosses more interesting, with a 2.0 version of them now existing... And there's the new bosses of course. There's still some places where people can get carried by high gearscores, but the balance with other events where everyone has to pull their weight is sorta shifting?

Overall, most people share your opinions but hey we also play this game for the community; many made friends here and just chill together while getting up to mischief and what not :3

Back