What's new

Doors wont open

Kezz

Ever since the new patch dropped, I've been experiencing an issue with doors appearing closed. Even if they're open to everybody else, they are closed for me and I can't walk through.

This only applies to indoor decor doors. Like the Lattice Door Partition. I walk to the door, it gives me the option to open it, and for everybody else it opens, but for me it stays closed.

If I go to character select, then log back in, the door will be open again. But if I port around and come back, then they will be closed again. It's really annoying when you use a memory ember and you're locked in your house.

I know this happens to some other people as well, and I remember this happening on the live server. I'm hoping you guys can do something about it.

I also want to clarify that this doesn't happen to one door in one piece of land. It happens to every single indoor-decor door and any piece of land I go to after it's bugged.

This has been happening to me too, but not only since the last patch, and not only with doors. It's been happening randomly for months, and it affects any item that has an animation or a toggle between different visual states, they will stay stuck in the default state (for example the owl mailboxes stay frozen in place, doors stay shut, and animated figurines don't move). For me it seems to affect random plots, items on one plot will be stuck, and items on the plot right next to it will be unstuck at the same time.

This bug is happening since 4.0.

Everything with animation simply stop working for no reason (decors, doors, light, everything).

This is a random bug that we tried but couldn't reproduce on our side and due to it currently have no solution for it.

This is a random bug that we tried but couldn't reproduce on our side and due to it currently have no solution for it.
For me aways happens when I go by foot, from an example, Villanele to Mahadevi, aways everything on my houses stop working, even NPC's at Plaza.

But doors, light and decors freezing animation happens mostly on first login.

That sounds as though it is a problem where you game isn't caching correctly.
Have you tried deleting the user folder in my documents/ArcheRage to see if it starts behaving?

That sounds as though it is a problem where you game isn't caching correctly.
Have you tried deleting the user folder in my documents/ArcheRage to see if it starts behaving?
Yes, i deleted it on 4.0, on 4.5, today and it's still bugging.
ScreenShot0000.jpg

ScreenShot0002.jpg

Back