What's new

Environment Mod - Allowed?

Yivena

Hello all,

Apologies if a thread on this topic has been posted recently or before and has been archived. I used the search function and did not come across anything specifically mentioning this mod in question for Archeage 3.0:

Namely, I want to use it to reduce shadow artifacting and grass pop-in. It's really a struggle to ignore for me. I know that the Saph FOV mod is allowed but I am not sure on this particular one. The mod itself notes that it does not affect gameplay objects:

"0:11 - Increased view distance for vegetation like grass, small bushes, weeds, etc and some static terrain elements*
1:15 - Increased view distance for particle effects like smoke, fog clouds, waterfalls, etc*
3:15 - Removal of glitchy terrain shadows
4:48 - Fewer instances of blurry and low quality textures
5:51 - Optional soft shadows

*Note that view distances for dynamic objects like players, ships, housing, etc are NOT affected. Those are managed by the server."

I understand if this is not allowed. I am just hopeful that it will be given its seemingly harmless nature that fixes some of ArcheAge's underlying graphics issues.

Thanks for any attention to this!

EDIT: Typo's

Last edited:
Hi!

No, Environment Mod is not allowed.
Only FoV and Kr Font mods are allowed.

Well shucks. Thank you for the reply. Is there a particular part of this mod that is not allowed or is it more of 'If it's not a FOV mod or KR font mod, then it is not allowed by default' situation?

If the latter, is there any way we could petition as a community for consideration for this mod to be whitelisted? I only ask because it does seem to be only affecting visuals, and the graphic bugs of ArcheAge are pretty annoying! The large shadows artifacting and grass pop in especially :(

Fog removal from the game and increased view distance will provide the advantage of some players over others. That will give less chances for fair battles and advantage in PvP as well as better visibility underwater.
If you'd like to use something, try reshader or FoV. But Environment Mod use will auto-ban you in game.

I understand. Perhaps eventually someone can come out with a mod that would fix the shadow issues and grass pop-in without affecting view distance or other possible gameplay affecting visual changes. Thank you for taking time to explain!

Back