What's new

Experiences from NA or EU player who already played oversea (PvP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blyce

Just would like to know if anybody here already played from EU oversea on NA Server or vice versa. How is PvP with higher ping in AA? I know that archery depends hardly on the ping but how is it if you play 1n1 as a mage, darkrunner or abolisher (just examples)?

On the Trion NA Server, from germany we have 140-170ms and on EU ~15-30ms. That means, oversea is more then 5 times worser regarding the ping.

Anybody already gathered experience regarding this?

There's definitely a big difference between 150 vs say 50ms ping.

Defence classes in general are more forgiving to higher ping users I find

At lower pings, everything happens when you click it and it just feel 'responsive'. High pings everything just feels off, for example after v3.0+ when shrug and bondbreaker are only usable when a relevant CC is used on you, the icon for the CC break lights up but it takes a while for it to register after you press the skill, which can mean the difference between successfully breaking the CC or not as the enemy follows up with a trip combo.

Probably I go later today with friends on the PTS or NA to play a little pvp... its very important to us that pvp is playable because some of us love to play arena.

I've been playing on the current RU server from west coast NA (158 ping), and its basically impossible to play mage with high ping (in other games mage with ping is not bad, but with how important animation cancelling is for Gods whip, its just not do-able in archeage IMO)

So if you play on high ping just make sure you go DR / Archer / Tank, I found archer perfectly fine to PvP with, the only time the lag is painfully obvious is when you try to teleport/mirror warp

Mirror warp especially, since you cannot spam it to to instantly get out of situations, you have to activate the spell...then wait half a second for the bar to come up before you can move

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back