What's new

Extra WB Spawns Keep/Cull

Tazboi

With the introduction of 6.5, up to 1 extra boss spawn for Charybdis and 3 extra spawns for Kraken and Black Dragon can occur per week, as they are compounded onto the custom spawn timers that are already in place. Both Black Dragon and Kraken spawn two times on Sunday and two times on Tuesday, with Tuesday having about 2 hours before the next spawn. This means Black Dragon can be up for 3 hours and 30m or have two spawns within that time period if killed before 9:30p server time. This also means that Kraken can be up for 7 hours with the current timers if unkilled.
1655057604048.png

These timers are not only beyond the design of mechanics for the current patch, but also out of bounds for the majority of the playerbase due to an expectation of dedicating 5-8 hours purely to boss spawns and RNG spawns on these days. Players are going to easily burn out of the game with so many bosses spawning a week, even if a group is farming them. This follows the same reasoning as to why the live patch cuts RNG spawns so that bosses can only spawn up to two times a week.

I propose the idea of only having one or the other: the 6.5 spawns or custom spawns. While the 6.5 spawns call for more strategic plays in faction v. faction, the custom spawns are designed to allow players to attend every boss as it spawns. In making this, I'm also open to input from others in the community.

1. Scrap RNG spawns entirely
Its a stupid idea that I'm pretty sure nobody likes. Pretty annoying as a leader to put a raid together and have them on call 'just in case' something spawns.

2. Get rid of having every boss spawn at a different time on a different day
Too many concessions have been made in regards to the spawn times of bosses on this server that are quite frankly bullshit. The reality is that the groups of players that attend boss raids, regardless of time of day, are mostly homogenous. People make time out of their days (at least on the weekends) to go to things they care about.

Because this is a NA server I think the timers should still be NA-centric, but I think it would be nice to see a slight amount of variation rather than only having boss cycles at say, 10pm each day bosses spawn every time, to allow for some flexibility.

Additionally, the whole custom spawn timer for every boss is terrible. Like I mentioned earlier, its mostly the same people showing up every time, having 5+ hour stretches of content with minimal breaks is overwhelming for most players and will only increase burnout.

I'd like to see 3 spawn cycles/days per week, where all bosses spawn at the same time:

Tuesday- Kraken/Chary/Levi/Bd- 6pm server +- 1 hour
Saturday-Kraken/Chary/Levi/Bd/G-Anth- 4pm server +- 1 hour
Sunday-Kraken/Chary/Levi/Bd/G-Anth- 12pm server +- 1 hour

DGS not included here as I don't really care if it stays daily at this point or not, all I know is the most members of my faction don't want to participate in DGS on a daily basis but I think because the rewards are lower than other bosses keeping it daily would be okay.

THIS!

"2. Get rid of having every boss spawn at a different time on a different day
Too many concessions have been made in regards to the spawn times of bosses on this server that are quite frankly bullshit. The reality is that the groups of players that attend boss raids, regardless of time of day, are mostly homogenous. People make time out of their days (at least on the weekends) to go to things they care about."

different timers for all world bosses is extremely dumb, first black dragon then kraken then DGS then anthalon garden and then charybdis, like dude, i think we all like pvping but this is kinda insane.

Back