What's new

Feedback/thoughts on 4.7 (not bugs)...

The new rods bind on craft but new people can't craft them until 52. Can you guys make them wrapped and bind when opened? If not then at least allow them to be requested on board so someone can make for newbies.
i agree on removing bind on pick and enabling bind on equip

The new rods bind on craft but new people can't craft them until 52. Can you guys make them wrapped and bind when opened? If not then at least allow them to be requested on board so someone can make for newbies.

Fair point... and even if it's only the basic rod that becomes wrapped and tradeable, that would already help the new people joining the server a lot.

Yes, please make at least the 'Basic Fishing Rod' available to players below level 52 somehow.

Yes, please make at least the 'Basic Fishing Rod' available to players below level 52 somehow.
I'm not sure what you mean, but players under level 52 can still craft it. Just tried it myself to craft Basic Fishing Rod on level 15 character and had no issues. This craft is available for new low level players.

I'm not sure what you mean, but players under level 52 can still craft it. Just tried it myself to craft Basic Fishing Rod on level 15 character and had no issues. This craft is available for new low level players.
Great! I haven't actually talked to anyone below level 52 since the update so was just going on the assumption that characters could not craft until level 52. This is great to know. ?

Meanwhile, at the Hasla Community Center right now...

AR-HaslaCC.jpg

Many of these were here yesterday, including one that i made and left here. This isn't normal. People aren't picking up these packs anymore now. Maybe because of the timers? Something is off. :(

its not even really worth crafting daily packs anyone as many require guilda on top of a bunch of materials
Yep. We're trying to adjust, but it's been a struggle so far. My husband and i were working on getting him a Rampage B200, which takes a total of 3,000 gilda stars to get. I was working on the first 1,500 for the speedster design. After the update, i would be 1-2 gilda stars short each day, because of having to use them for packs. Not a huge loss, but still frustrating. He is still working on the second 1,500 for the B200 design, in between his job and other things he has to do, and it frustrates him to lose even the 1-2 gilda because of the changes.

Meanwhile it has become a daily chore for me now to raise water buffalo for trimmed meat, and grow the right crops to try to keep up with the increase in other processed ingredients. I'm hoping that if i can get a little ahead, it won't be as bad. But so far it's been a scramble. The timers have also made me adjust my daily routine, which now takes more time. For now, i have more time to spend in the game, but wonder what will happen when i have to get back to doing other things. I can only imagine what some other players are feeling who had different routines that are now shattered by these timers. Having a Rampage is my saving grace, being able to run a few packs all over really fast. Those who are only using freighters, or even worse for newer players with just wagons, have to be hating this.

Yep. We're trying to adjust, but it's been a struggle so far. My husband and i were working on getting him a Rampage B200, which takes a total of 3,000 gilda stars to get. I was working on the first 1,500 for the speedster design. After the update, i would be 1-2 gilda stars short each day, because of having to use them for packs. Not a huge loss, but still frustrating. He is still working on the second 1,500 for the B200 design, in between his job and other things he has to do, and it frustrates him to lose even the 1-2 gilda because of the changes.

Meanwhile it has become a daily chore for me now to raise water buffalo for trimmed meat, and grow the right crops to try to keep up with the increase in other processed ingredients. I'm hoping that if i can get a little ahead, it won't be as bad. But so far it's been a scramble. The timers have also made me adjust my daily routine, which now takes more time. For now, i have more time to spend in the game, but wonder what will happen when i have to get back to doing other things. I can only imagine what some other players are feeling who had different routines that are now shattered by these timers. Having a Rampage is my saving grace, being able to run a few packs all over really fast. Those who are only using freighters, or even worse for newer players with just wagons, have to be hating this.
Yeah, it sucks that people who don't have as much time to run their packs suffer now. However, after reading the admin's response to it, I don't think it's going to change. I've just stopped running packs altogether. ArcheAge is enough of a job without monitoring timers and whatnot, can't be bothered anymore. 'idk

Last edited:
Yeah, it sucks that people who don't have as much time to run their packs suffer now. However, after reading the admin's response to it, I don't think it's going to change. I've just stopped running packs altogether. ArcheAge is enough of a job without monitoring timers and whatnot, can't be bothered anymore. 'idk
☹ It looks like you're not alone. I don't see as many people running packs anymore, or picking up packs from the workbenches. Also don't see as many larders around. The bonus for delivering in 15-30 minutes is great, but having the value drop after 3 days is messing up the trade system for a lot of people.

Was thinking also, that not only do i have a lot of time to deal with it right now, but also we have a lot of land between the two of us. I've got friends that are new or returning to the game who don't have much space to grow things, and am wondering how they are going to be able to keep up. I get that the whole items decreased for packs, but the processed items doubled in many cases, and many of those are 1:1 (100 millet = 100 ground grain, for example off the top of my head). Wish the devs would consider giving us a break with this, and coming back down on the processed ingredients, even just a little.

Damn i am late a bit but fishing got gutted, unlucky. Fishing spots were stupid easy to find already before 4.7, so the 'doubling' spots is worthless imo. avg price of a fish at max prof is like 25-30g prob, bluefin fry is ~20 and getting garg sturgen is ~40, getting a garg marlin and going 'look good money' is like me saying fishing is highest gold/hr in the game because of sunfish, its not common. pre-patch value of fish was hella good and made fishing for profit worth imo, now it seems more of a waste of time compared to what it was, we dont even have the 80k / 150k prof rods, left and right stances dont do damage, this is the shitty between 2 stages in archeage fishing lmao. me hoping to get a garg marlin which is best fish to get for 60g is kinda dog tier with how often you will get one imo, i was stoked to see fishing pop off but im baited. end rant.

Damn i am late a bit but fishing got gutted, unlucky. Fishing spots were stupid easy to find already before 4.7, so the 'doubling' spots is worthless imo. avg price of a fish at max prof is like 25-30g prob, bluefin fry is ~20 and getting garg sturgen is ~40, getting a garg marlin and going 'look good money' is like me saying fishing is highest gold/hr in the game because of sunfish, its not common. pre-patch value of fish was hella good and made fishing for profit worth imo, now it seems more of a waste of time compared to what it was, we dont even have the 80k / 150k prof rods, left and right stances dont do damage, this is the shitty between 2 stages in archeage fishing lmao. me hoping to get a garg marlin which is best fish to get for 60g is kinda dog tier with how often you will get one imo, i was stoked to see fishing pop off but im baited. end rant.

lol you must be the only one to find spots easily, I sometimes spent ages finding a spot, most of my 2h mermaid buff wasted looking around. Tbh, my experience with the new fishing is good, really. Also, the 60g garg marlin is the lower end of the range I found out, if you're lucky you get more for it x)

And I'm still waiting on a reply about why the other skills don't do damage... Sparkle said they should, and you're the third person on forum to mention that it doesn't but just radio silence so far x)

Regarding the feedback of 4.7 patch
I want to bring somenthing in discusion . I dont reali know how to say this , i like the patch but there is something that bothers me and i ned to ask . I am more like a casual player due too job ,family , childrens ,etc, probably like most of the players and due to those mentioned i must think what to do in mi limited time . I want to make mi hiram gear but i also ned gold and honor theres much content in the game that i cant touch because of the limited time that i have ,also i am an EU player but thats on mi side and i knew from the begining how it will be .i want to ask if there is a whay to increase the drop rate of those unidentified essence as right now evryone farm them and theres limited spots , also pirates , nations and reds that farms the players not the essence.If the drop rate isnt a good idea then maibe the daily quests that gives awaken scrolls could also give lets say the same number of essence but not unidentified, lets say the purple ones . This is just a question if it is posible or not but i would reali apreciate if ArcheRage staff would consider to make any of these changes .

I apologise for mi bad english.

Regarding the feedback of 4.7 patch
I want to bring somenthing in discusion . I dont reali know how to say this , i like the patch but there is something that bothers me and i ned to ask . I am more like a casual player due too job ,family , childrens ,etc, probably like most of the players and due to those mentioned i must think what to do in mi limited time . I want to make mi hiram gear but i also ned gold and honor theres much content in the game that i cant touch because of the limited time that i have ,also i am an EU player but thats on mi side and i knew from the begining how it will be .i want to ask if there is a whay to increase the drop rate of those unidentified essence as right now evryone farm them and theres limited spots , also pirates , nations and reds that farms the players not the essence.If the drop rate isnt a good idea then maibe the daily quests that gives awaken scrolls could also give lets say the same number of essence but not unidentified, lets say the purple ones . This is just a question if it is posible or not but i would reali apreciate if ArcheRage staff would consider to make any of these changes .

I apologise for mi bad english.

Best you can do is save up loot buffs to have more drops, and grind during war time when the loot is also increased. There are also players who offer their services to grind infusions for people, in return for some gold.

Considering you are EU, try grinding when NA is asleep if you have trouble with reds x)

Reactions: Nyk
lol you must be the only one to find spots easily, I sometimes spent ages finding a spot, most of my 2h mermaid buff wasted looking around. Tbh, my experience with the new fishing is good, really. Also, the 60g garg marlin is the lower end of the range I found out, if you're lucky you get more for it x)

And I'm still waiting on a reply about why the other skills don't do damage... Sparkle said they should, and you're the third person on forum to mention that it doesn't but just radio silence so far x)
Well, they actually do. But some of them is just 1 damage, that is not a bug.

Bro what, pre 4.7 fishing change took me prob 10-20 minutes to find a spot, idk where you look but there is places that have hella spots all the time. I had 4 places i would check and the odds of me not finding a spot by the 3rd or 4th was slim.

Bro what, pre 4.7 fishing change took me prob 10-20 minutes to find a spot, idk where you look but there is places that have hella spots all the time. I had 4 places i would check and the odds of me not finding a spot by the 3rd or 4th was slim.

The thing that was the issue, is that the available spots counted for all different oceans at once. So yes, if you were lucky enough to go fishing in the zone where the spots just spawned, that's great. Yet, if you were unlucky and in another zone then gl finding a spot, and by the time you give up and move to another zone, the spots would have rotated.

That is why it is great now that spots farm more often.

The thing that was the issue, is that the available spots counted for all different oceans at once. So yes, if you were lucky enough to go fishing in the zone where the spots just spawned, that's great. Yet, if you were unlucky and in another zone then gl finding a spot, and by the time you give up and move to another zone, the spots would have rotated.

That is why it is great now that spots farm more often.

fishing is one of the worst things u can do i did some tests while ago and to spend 12k labor (daily labor income) u need more less 15-17h and ur profit will be around 3k what will give something like 200g per hour.

Back