What's new

Feedback/thoughts on 4.7 (not bugs)...

fishing is one of the worst things u can do i did some tests while ago and to spend 12k labor (daily labor income) u need more less 15-17h and ur profit will be around 3k what will give something like 200g per hour.
You must be doing something wrong and just confusing others with false info. Here is one of the recent posts from the player who is involved into fishing. As you see, you can get more profit in shorter terms than you say. And when we looked into our statistics, we could confirm that such results (and even better) are reached not only by this player but by many other skilled fishers as well.
Depending how many gargs you fish and what type, you can still get sort of close to 250-300g per boat.

I know it seems disappointing at first glance, but really, it is super nice to have consistent fishing now and then earn a little bit less on the marlins, rather than search for spots for ages, wait on a bite for ages, lose lures in the process, and then maybe fill 3 or 4 boats in the 2h of the mermaid buff/active fishing rod. Now I easily filled 5 boats with time to spare.

fishing is one of the worst things u can do i did some tests while ago and to spend 12k labor (daily labor income) u need more less 15-17h and ur profit will be around 3k what will give something like 200g per hour.

If I understand this correct, you did tests a while ago? You mean before 4.7? I do vaguely remember reading about you doing so yes, and I do not think it is comparable with the current situation.

Also before the patch though, I got more gold per hour than a mere 200g, even 2 or 3 boats gave me more than that ._.

I do agree burning labor on fishing pre-4.7 was tough, however I did manage tbh. Yet in 4.7 with the flexible rod, my labor drains in the 2h that I fish with the rod activated XD

Pre-4.7 I could pull 200-300g a boat what are you saying bro, more spots is not going to equal more money per boat, lowering price / dmg is just making it take longer, for less. Fishing went from okay money last patch to dog tier labor burn this patch. increase labor cost of fishing and increase value of fish, make it worth doing. I don't see how adding more spots = more gold for fishing but maybe im dense.

Pre-4.7 I could pull 200-300g a boat what are you saying bro, more spots is not going to equal more money per boat, lowering price / dmg is just making it take longer, for less. Fishing went from okay money last patch to dog tier labor burn this patch. increase labor cost of fishing and increase value of fish, make it worth doing. I don't see how adding more spots = more gold for fishing but maybe im dense.

I meant that even if I fished less boats in the same time before 4.7 that I easily got more than the 200g per hour that Havoc mentions.

And my point was fishing is more consistent now, and I explained what I meant with "hard to find spots before", is anything unclear about that?

I meant that even if I fished less boats in the same time before 4.7 that I easily got more than the 200g per hour that Havoc mentions.

And my point was fishing is more consistent now, and I explained what I meant with "hard to find spots before", is anything unclear about that?

Would u like to take time spend 12k labor on fishing and test how much per hour gold u get ?

Ah ok, that is fair i guess, I felt it was always fairly consistentish but i also view fishing like sunkens, its not supposed to just be east, however either way, being more 'consistent' for less money still makes it trash lol, i can go and do other much better forms of money making that are also very consistent and i just dont see why they gas fishing.

You must be doing something wrong and just confusing others with false info. Here is one of the recent posts from the player who is involved into fishing. As you see, you can get more profit in shorter terms than you say. And when we looked into our statistics, we could confirm that such results (and even better) are reached not only by this player but by many other skilled fishers as well.

Oh thats interesting answer. So u can provide data on spending daily labor on fishing i mean 12000 labor ? As well time spend cuz this one is crucial and we not talking here only on time u spend to catch fish u need to add time spend to find fishing spot and deliver. So yes if u can provide such data plz do so. I very curious of your results.

Last edited:
I am not saying Fishing is great gold but it is good gold now. Purse farming with max larceny is way better but the great part about fishing is that it is not gear dependant and costs very little labor for the profit you get at the moment of turn in(No 22hr wait time) In this patch they not only added more fish spawns but the time it takes to "hook" a fish has greatly decreased. There is not as much downtime and with more fishing spots makes fishing a decent way to make gold. So when I am bored of grinding mobs for purses and just want to relax fishing is not a bad option. I still think boosting the gold to Pre 4.7 prices would make fishing more attractive to people. I mean with more fishing spots and shortened reel time does it really justify's a slight decrease? Fishing will never out preform pack running or purse farming so I say give it a boost.

I still think boosting the gold to Pre 4.7 prices would make fishing more attractive to people. I mean with more fishing spots and shortened reel time does it really justify's a slight decrease? Fishing will never out preform pack running or purse farming so I say give it a boost.
Exactly this, why bother fishing when farming coinpurse is so much better, i can make a LOT more money doing basically anything else burning labor than fishing, I think returning the value of fish back to pre-update values would make it worth.

Exactly this, why bother fishing when farming coinpurse is so much better, i can make a LOT more money doing basically anything else burning labor than fishing, I think returning the value of fish back to pre-update values would make it worth.
Only if we revert all other good sport fishing changes 4.7 brought. And then it will just make it equal. I already explained good changes that 4.7 brought earlier and that if we compare profit per hour, then it didn't become less as players now spend mush less time finding spots and catching fish.
And don't forget, fishing on our server is already buffed more than twice in comparison to retail servers. But if it's not worth for you you can always choose another activity you find more profitable for yourself.

I think Infusions drops in Sungold and Exeloch need a serious buff. Farming in Sungold for 30 mins everyday the last week or so, I get around 4-6 infusions every 30 mins. I use four 10% loot buffs plus Crater Cub's 10%. I tried several spots.

The only viable way to get infusions right now is to wait for Reedwind war and farm for one hour. I don't know if the loot tables for the Enraged mobs are the same in every map, but even at Peace time in Reedwind (with the -25% drop rate), I get more infusions than Sungold and Exeloch. Is it possible to alter the drop rate of Enraged mobs in Sungold and Exeloch or you need to increase the drop rate in general for all the Enraged mobs in every map?

I think Infusions drops in Sungold and Exeloch need a serious buff. Farming in Sungold for 30 mins everyday the last week or so, I get around 4-6 infusions every 30 mins. I use four 10% loot buffs plus Crater Cub's 10%. I tried several spots.

The only viable way to get infusions right now is to wait for Reedwind war and farm for one hour. I don't know if the loot tables for the Enraged mobs are the same in every map, but even at Peace time in Reedwind (with the -25% drop rate), I get more infusions than Sungold and Exeloch. Is it possible to alter the drop rate of Enraged mobs in Sungold and Exeloch or you need to increase the drop rate in general for all the Enraged mobs in every map?
The mob drop is the same for all mobs.
Peace does not reduce drop rate. It reduces the amount of coin dropped from the mob. Not the loot.

No the drop rate will not be increased. It is not necessary to make them drop even more

Peace does not reduce drop rate. It reduces the amount of coin dropped from the mob. Not the loot.

No the drop rate will not be increased. It is not necessary to make them drop even more

Sadly it feels as if the drops got shadow nerfed with the last maintenance. We used to get 100ish in an hour for infusions in Reedwind, but now we struggle getting close to that amount. And yes we still use the same amount of loot buffs etc.

No such nerf has happened.
So that is just conjecture of wanting a reason to blame why you got less infusions from something that is entirely luck based.

No such nerf has happened.
So that is just conjecture of wanting a reason to blame why you got less infusions from something that is entirely luck based.

I wouldn't say "blame", more like explain why things change. Thank you for confirming it didn't happen.

Wait what ?. So if i go in redwind when is at peace time i can ghet the same amount of infusions like on war time ? .I tought that is the loot drop rate not the coin drop rate from mobs .Sjinderson can you elaborate a bit more ?.

Wait what ?. So if i go in redwind when is at peace time i can ghet the same amount of infusions like on war time ? .I tought that is the loot drop rate not the coin drop rate from mobs .Sjinderson can you elaborate a bit more ?.
While the area is in peace the coin drop is reduced 25%.
Then when the area enters war the coin drop is returned to normal and the loot drop rate is increased by 50%

While the area is in peace the coin drop is reduced 25%.
Then when the area enters war the coin drop is returned to normal and the loot drop rate is increased by 50%

Oh I didn't knew only the coin drop is reduced! That is near, I will farm while in Peace too :)

Back with a suggestion regarding infusions.

Future patches give infusions through daily quests and if I am not mistaken, CR, GR, MM, Halcyona War etc give infusions as an extra reward. Adding infusions to event dailies as well as to the three Hiram dailies (Sungold, Exeloch, Reedwind) would make more people want to do those events and dailies. Right now, I have all my Hiram to Radiant and I have more than 200 scrolls in my inventory. I think many are or will be in the same situation soon.

What I suggest:
- Events like CR, MM, GR, Luscas Aegis and Whalesong should give infusions as an extra reward. 5-10 infusions each, depending the event.
- Daily Hiram quests should give infusions too or make it a "choose a reward" between scrolls and infusions. 5 infusions each.
- Arenas should give infusions through a daily quest of "play x matches" or "eliminate x enemies".

Or, make a daily quest like the Merchant/Fishing/Treasure ones which require points to complete. For instance, each of the daily events (Halcyona, MM, Whalesong etc) give 25 points upon completion. The Infusions quest would need 100 points to complete and would give X number of infusions as a reward.

This would have two results:
- More people would take part in the events everyday
- New players would be able to farm some extra infusions

Back