What's new

Festival Period in Austera

Boneclaw

Why is the festival period on East Still running, and why does east have Austera the main trading hub, festival, and Nuia has.... MARINOPLE?? whats the point of that, and why is it not their respective trading hub Two Crowns? and when will it end, i'm already fed up of this event that seemingly just favors the West faction, its no longer Christmas either so why is it in place still, and why was it seemingly unfairly biased

Its not that unfair. East always has had better advantages with international trade routes, such as the increased degree of safety at the Two Crowns turn in (compared to Austera) and access to peacetime Halcyona to take west packs back to your continent for easy turn in. West never has a great way to make east packs and bring them back safely, but yall can do it twice a day for 6 hours each time IIRC.

Also Two Crowns DOES go in to festival for other events, just not this one. It all balances out.

MDFfosj.png
if you bothered to even look at your map and read You'd notice these have had timers on them for the past 2 weeks since event started counting down the days You're literally complaining about something thats over in 6 hours

Hello
The festival period will probably be taken down via client update that requires a slight downtime.
There should be one tommorow so please be patient.

Why is the festival period on East Still running, and why does east have Austera the main trading hub, festival, and Nuia has.... MARINOPLE?? whats the point of that, and why is it not their respective trading hub Two Crowns? and when will it end, i'm already fed up of this event that seemingly just favors the West faction, its no longer Christmas either so why is it in place still, and why was it seemingly unfairly biased
So you dont like having an advantage the rest of the time ......... This slight west advantage after constant advantage to you is annoying ??

how do east have an advantage? its the same distance between routes for everyone, the routes don't magically stretch for you, they are the same distance for you as they are for us, and there isn't that much of an increased safety at TC, and you guys can and do also run packs during peace time halcy..

how do east have an advantage? its the same distance between routes for everyone, the routes don't magically stretch for you, they are the same distance for you as they are for us, and there isn't that much of an increased safety at TC, and you guys can and do also run packs during peace time halcy..

Lol it does.

First we will compare Two Crowns turn ins to Austera. The only disadvantage TC has is that it is capable of being blockaded at its entrance, but that never happens. Once in the harbor, it is difficult to pull you out, You can park your merch right up by the turn in and guards are immediately at the top of the stairs for your protection. In Austera, you can be pulled out much easier, you can be killed on either of the steps by the lighthouse without guard intervention, and while there is another place to unload, is a notable distance further away and still requires self defense. You can make Austera turn ins safer by haveing a galleon block you in. It is much safer and easier to turn in at Two Crowns than it is at Austera.

Sure we can run halcy packs to east but you take it back to your continent for easy, and typically uncontested, turn ins. Obviously, a west player has turn it in an enemy controlled zone, not only that, we have to turn it in to Austera, which has less perks than its counter part as explained, Villinelle, where you cant attack and can only defend once initiated on, or Ynyestre, which is the furthest trip and still can be pulled out if you dont have a harpoon on the beach and while the harbor turn in isnt bad its just slow with the ladder (similar to Sandeep turn ins).

Been playing since official launch and east has always had a few perks in international runs and west has a few more advantages with land runs. Im not complaining, its fine with me as I feel its all balanced out well enough. In 3.0 there is a change that does even the playing field a bit due to charcoal becoming the only international resource between nuia and harranya.

I'm sure if there was a major poll brought up the devs could adjust the guard positions placing them closer to the docks or even on the docks to equal out the distance that they are in TC? Just a thought. They can adjust land placement borders as they mentioned in another thread so I'm assuming this wouldn't be any hard, just X/Y/Z coordinates.

I dont think there need to be any changes at all. Festival already ended and we had this turn-in setup for over 3 years. Nothing wrong with it but to say that Austera is just as good as TC, that east doesn't have peacetime Halcy pack advantages, and to say that the festival zone peace isnt fair is BS and I had a problem with that.

All!

We apologize for the confusion. Such issue may happen after the end of some festivals. We've already made a fix. Will become active with the next server re-start.

Back