What's new

Fishing is Dead Pt 2

Papatuna

I dont think you are understanding your community and simply just locking the post will not be enough. Fishing needs to be buffed. The amount of gold from sport fishing needs to be doubled.
Its great that you advertise about your marketplace but if you want to retain playerbase you need to provide ways for new people to make gold without swiping. The community has spoken and you have simply locked the thread

I send one ticket for the staff in sugestion.. and go share with you guys for take your opnion too...

Ticket № 1602147001

"
The fishing in 3.5 version is very very very very horrible.. in actually server the 2 uniques mode for farm gold is Coinpurse (Aegis/Whale) and Trade pack.. i'm ex fishing man, and suggestion for give other form for take gold.. fishing is the love of very much peoples in server, i have 2 suggestion.. do 1 of them and very peoples goo like...

1 - Increase the gold of all fishings in sea in 20% (Not is soo op.. is lucky for take one good fishing.. and doing packs or coinpurse can do 2k the gold in 1-2h the game if you have prof, this mode be like the fishing can do too, but not have soo much one little more.. 1k for hour if have lucky.. and have prof for this..)

2 - Change de spot fishing for versions before.. i guess is the 2.9-3.0 version.. if the fisher man can search the spot he want.. sturgeon, pupperfish... is better the mode.. this mode not need change the gold received the fish..

I really appreciate this server.
"

Sorry for the english bad... This is the message i send for staffs, and i know have very peoples like fishing, others like Stole the fishers man, but all we know the fishingis dead actually why one update before,is very sad we know, doo coinpurse if you not have damage, fight with the other having the high gear.. not is all can defend you spot in fishing.. and have very much peoples he not like the "potato" life... doing packs and packs all days, farming the materials for this, have peoples not have pacience for this, fishing for me is the best mode for farm gold ever,not is bored, not is "automatic" same the coinpurse (NOT TALKING OF THE BOTS, BUT THE YOU ENTER IN AUTOMATIC PROCESS KILLING ALL YOU LOOK).

Now i need ask.. You miss the fishing times ? Looking the Marlin spot.. You miss the Raids of Fishing in Nation ? The pvp in fishing times, protection your fish or stole others ? I miss..

Leave your opinion in the comments, and if you want tell a story about fishing time.

There needs to be SOMETHING to make it more alluring. Un-nerfing doesn't do anything except make the monetary value equal to what it used to be before fishing was dead, but now labor regen on the server has made silver per labor better. Can we remove the bottom tier of fish from the pool? Would that be a decent enough compensation? Since without that, most of the fish are more worth it to release than to keep and turn in

Fishing on 3.5 is not horrible as some of you said as it was customly buffed by us. You can find this information in the server updates.

It was a good % buff but looks like this change was completely ignored by the players, meaning, most likely any other change would not make everybody happy again. Each off you provides his own suggestion to make his own fishing much easier, so, should we use all these suggestions? In such a case fishing will be the best activity on the server. Do you really think fishing is that complicated and risky that should provide the highest profit of all the activities?
And another thing, if we implement only one of the ideas instead of all, wouldn't it mean that everybody else whose suggestions were not used will stay unhappy and keep complaining?

Fishing was increased to a very good level. We don't think that it's a good idea to increase it to the level that will provide higher profits than all other activities as it doesn't require any special skills, high GS or is that risky.

As you see there is no perfect solution, but right now I have only 1 question to each of you, if you insist sport fishing is not worth right now, how much gold per day do you think will make it worth? I want each of you to reply to this question only. After it we'll gather the statistics on the other activities and compare this number with other activities types, so I could get back to you with another question or basic idea.

I'll farm puses & crates for 30min later in aegis or whalesong and let you know about how much gold I make & spend to give you a comparision.

edit: here are the results.
I farmed 30 minutes during war in aegis. My larency is 230K.

I consumed:
1X Nui's Nova, 50s
2X Desert Fire, 3g
2X Deluxe Sandwich, 1g
14X Mossy Pool, 7g
9X Kraken's Might, 15g
5X Hearty Soup, 4g

I won't bother with the buffs I've used because most are removed in 4.0 so let's just say they were 10g + 10g for +30% loot buffs.
= 50g spent in total.

I obtained:
282ec2e549afec7ff3540d9cb66151c1.png

Ancestor's Purse X282 * 6 Labor = 1.692 Labor
292 raw gold + 180g = 472g
494266ecce21ca8a728b3e292383b129.png

Anestral Crate X60 * 48 Labor = 2.880 Labor
409g

3034655f76d6a0a206712959d82cfd64.png

+ 2X Metallic Auroran Crate = 40g
+ 15X Acid Gobbet (Acid Vessel around 400g) = 30g

Unidentified Aurorian Armor was ignored as I see it as a waste of labor.

Keep in mind I'm an 8.5K archer so don't take it as an average but rather as a top treshold that you shouldn't go above when buffing fishing.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hny
Fishing on 3.5 is not horrible as some of you said as it was customly buffed by us. You can find this information in the server updates.

It was a good % buff but looks like this change was completely ignored by the players, meaning, most likely any other change would not make everybody happy again. Each off you provides his own suggestion to make his own fishing much easier, so, should we use all these suggestions? In such a case fishing will be the best activity on the server. Do you really think fishing is that complicated and risky that should provide the highest profit of all the activities?
And another thing, if we implement only one of the ideas instead of all, wouldn't it mean that everybody else whose suggestions were not used will stay unhappy and keep complaining?

Fishing was increased to a very good level. We don't think that it's a good idea to increase it to the level that will provide higher profits than all other activities as it doesn't require any special skills, high GS or is that risky.

As you see there is no perfect solution, but right now I have only 1 question to each of you, if you insist sport fishing is not worth right now, how much gold per day do you think will make it worth? I want each of you to reply to this question only. After it we'll gather the statistics on the other activities and compare this number with other activities types, so I could get back to you with another question or basic idea.

Yes you have buffeted the fishing, but you have not buffeted it in a relatively good way, because it received a very large debuff with the new system.
No, you don't have to accept all our suggestions, but you should start thinking .. if there are so many people looking and seeing and saying that it is not good, then shouldn't it really be right?
Yes fishing is a very risky way to make gold, because you spend almost 98% of your time in the pvp zone, with a chance of being stolen, most trade runs that are safe, the few that aren't safe anymore earn more a good profit and take a while but are quite risky are Karkasse / Rokhala packs, the others are not so lucrative, and some are not so lucrative are dangerous too, but players do it, not for being profitable, but for the fee. being high.
Coinpurse is not risky, because you have no way to lose what you farm, there is a way to kill you if farming in war zone is the best time to farm, but you will not lose the farm, you do not waste time if someone disturb you by killing you, but not the farm, just time ...
There is fishing if you get stolen, you lose everything on the same level as making an aged pack, there is no% to who fished, you wake up labor the moment you catch a bad fish, because by the time the fish appeared you already spent labor, you will always have a chance of being stolen both while fishing, when taking to the harbor, and when it's time to deliver, it's pretty much the riskiest farm in the whole game, and one day was very lucrative and worth the risk, now it's not worth it .. there is no perfect solution for that, but if you don't make changes how could you get it to a reasonable point for everyone? it doesn't have to be perfect, but be good, be reasonable, you don't have to give 10k of gold a day, but if it gives 1.5k or 2k of gold in 1-2h it's worth it, so what's the point of having a big fishing profession, that out of 7 fish you fish for are usually at least 4 of the cheapest, which most people hate you about, review the price of fish, from the best expectation to the worst expectation, review the walking time to find a spot , until you deliver, review the labor you spend, and then compare with all the other ways to make gold that exist, the main and most commonly used as trade pack and coinpurse, the least used as selling refined material and sunk merchant .. and say if it's really worth it .. why honestly the fishing was once great, and today is not even half of what it once was, and I know it's not your fault, it wasn't your update that made her bad , but it's yours that can improve it

P.S: Sorry for long text ;-; and bad english i need use translator google sometimes..

I forget one think... The better moment for change the fishing is RIGHT NOW, with the 4.0 update, you can change after bugs and balanced together, is the better moment...

126 Gold 7 minutes
Did you include growth time, craft time and expenses as well as money spent for materials to craft that packs into the calculations?

Edit: Made calculations according to your video. If we take into account the resources price + craft cost, the final net income will be approx 70% from 126g --> like 90g. And this is one of the most profitable types of packs, so profits are higher on it then on many others.

Last edited:
So 180g in 14 minutes

Edit: Comparing it to the 35 minute fishing run, he could make 360g in less time than his fishing trip. He's lucky he didn't get ganked by reds too while he was in the sea.

Do you really think fishing is that complicated and risky that should provide the highest profit of all the activities?

Umm...... So running trade packs is complicated? Grinding Mobs is complicated? None of these things are complicated. Yet yield better gold. How much prof skill does it take to make a trade pack. 0 labor investment to be able to craft. 10k labor investment to be able to craft a larder. How much labor invested do you need to sport fish at a decent rate? 50k labor? You were the one saying that you really need max fishing to see the true profits of fishing. So you are saying that someone has to invest 240k in order to see a good return. So a good return to you after investing 240k labor is 140g in 35 mins. So you think that after someone gets a fishing boat which is a investment. Puts 240k labor into a prof and the payout is 145 g per 35 mins is fair . How is that viable for any new player?. We are not asking you to do all of the suggestions listed but you must do something this fishing prof is busted. Even the fishing events that happen each week do not make it worth it.

We are trying to help you with this server and you are fighting the community. We love the game and we love the server but you really need to fold on this one.
You have so much oppunitiy to show other people what differs you guys from gamigo. Bring the seas alive again.

@Sparkle No risk in sport fishing? Are you joking?
If you tripled the value of fish and labor to turn them in there would be a lot more pirates in the sea.
And you're saying it doesn't require gear, when you'd need gear to defend yourself.

What players are complaining about is the TIME to MONEY ratio, it's bad.
But I wonder, if only tripling the value of fish would change that.

Because we still have some pretty terrible economy inflation, as I mentioned in my economy thread.
I think another step needs taken.
The administration of ArcheRage needs to start creating gold sinks to pull gold out of circulation, more so than Auction taxes and fees.
It's not my job to find a solution for you, but one suggestion could be:

Simply start offering another RNG box that only costs gold.
So in 2 weeks, you have your 100 credit box, and you have a 150g box, either in market or maybe manually in Auction house, that's how they're bought.
The credit one could sell pokemon blue, the gold one could sell pokemon red it doesn't matter.

If I make 400 raw gold from pack runs or 400g from fishing, it still matters very little when the value of gold is so low.
By adding some non-malicious gold sinks to the economy (notice I said non-malicious but suggested a RNG box) to keep the value of gold worthwhile, the areas where raw gold is generated need less fixes to keep up with inflation.

If we can run 10mins with a freighter, and get a 90g profit, hourly, fishing should give us at least 500g+. This isnt even counting on the pvp factor, which could be "countered" by the percentages.

The biggest complaint i have is the amount of garbage fish you get even with maxed fishing. I've seen people starting out catch multiple Marlins even 37k ones; meanwhile my boat is filled with tuna/puffershitters. Maybe could introduce an advanced lure or something that increases chances of bigger/rarer fish a fair amount.

Giant Stinky Fish Bucket: Tradable, Requires 230k fishing to craft. Takes 50 Pike and 100LP to cook. Increases chance for rare fish by 40% and chance for larger fish by 20%. Fishing spot duration 90 minutes.

The following information related to Sport Fishing is added to the Patch Notes and will be applied with 4.0 release tomorrow:
  • Proficiency level will now affect your turn in price and will become a multiplier to a basic fish cost. The higher your proficiency – the higher your turn in price. At the max proficiency level the sell price is increased for more than twice.
  • If fish is turned in not by the person that caught it, then multiplier will be an average between the proficiency of the one who caught the fish and the one who turned it in.
  • Only fish caught after 4.0 release will be affected.

Back