What's new

Fishing is Dead Pt 2

I bet this catches tons of eyes. FINALLY IT HAPPENED.

Now I'm actually interested in increasing my fishing prof myself.

@Sparkle I got to go out and do some fishing after getting to about 30k proficiently. I have to say this is a much appreciated buff... you guys did a great job on this. I just wanted to say thanks and I had a lot of fun! A+ job

@Sparkle I'm wondering, I catch the fish and its a certain price, by the time i go hand it in, price is lower?

1573835781388.png

Vs

1573835789886.png

Price is increased depending on your proficiency. Buffs that increase your fishing prof also count, so if buff is gone till the moment you get to turn in the pack, price will become lower as your prof will become lower as well.

oh dam xD good to know ty, i unequip buff gear while sailing in case of getting ganked

Merchant costume basic + 20k dawnsdrop boots +title works good. At 274k proficiency i get 85g+ for 37k Marlins (rare occasions), but at least 19g+ for 18k puffer.... well that is the times i successfully bring them to bungalow :D

The only thing I would like to see change with the fishing right now is, more spawns, spawn doesn't disappear until its actually fished out. There is not enough spawn points available, its like they all disappear at the same time. Its easy for people to kill you for your fish cause they know where all the fishing spawns are and there isn't enough that they have to look for long to find people fishing.

The only thing I would like to see change with the fishing right now is, more spawns, spawn doesn't disappear until its actually fished out. There is not enough spawn points available, its like they all disappear at the same time. Its easy for people to kill you for your fish cause they know where all the fishing spawns are and there isn't enough that they have to look for long to find people fishing.

I already meantioned this in this thread:
I'd still rather see the fishing spots be buffed instead, better spawn rates, longer time.

and in the thread "fishing is dead", part 1, before that got closed:
As I said before in another thread, even fishing on retail was great. Fishing here is better, considering the changes they put through.

The only thing I have an issue with is the time it takes for a spot to spawn, and how long it lasts. Searching for a spot can take forever, in my experience.

I had a lovely day yesterday sailing across the ocean without finding anything x'D

As I just wasted another 30min looking for a spot, I was wondering what the devs think about this issue. I feel all spots spawn and despawn too close after each other therefore leaving most of the ocean empty during certain times.

Spots spawn randomly during the day. They are not bound to any exact time.

Checked the system data and mechanics of salt water fishing spots and can see that a big number of spots is available (spawned) all the time in game. If some of them despawn as expired or get empty and despawn, new spots spawn to keep up with available spots ready for sport fishing.

Checked the system data and mechanics of salt water fishing spots and can see that a big number of spots is available (spawned) all the time in game. If some of them despawn as expired or get empty and despawn, new spots spawn to keep up with available spots ready for sport fishing.

Interesting :/ I feel this spawn rate is a general thing for all oceans at once, correct me if I'm wrong. It wouldseem to be the only logical reason for not finding a spot for a long time, because while I'm looking for 30min in halcy gulf there's plenty of spots in arcadian maybe, according to your explanation. ;-;

Back