What's new
Status
Not open for further replies.

Expery

I send one ticket for the staff in sugestion.. and go share with you guys for take your opnion too...

Ticket № 1602147001

"
The fishing in 3.5 version is very very very very horrible.. in actually server the 2 uniques mode for farm gold is Coinpurse (Aegis/Whale) and Trade pack.. i'm ex fishing man, and suggestion for give other form for take gold.. fishing is the love of very much peoples in server, i have 2 suggestion.. do 1 of them and very peoples goo like...

1 - Increase the gold of all fishings in sea in 20% (Not is soo op.. is lucky for take one good fishing.. and doing packs or coinpurse can do 2k the gold in 1-2h the game if you have prof, this mode be like the fishing can do too, but not have soo much one little more.. 1k for hour if have lucky.. and have prof for this..)

2 - Change de spot fishing for versions before.. i guess is the 2.9-3.0 version.. if the fisher man can search the spot he want.. sturgeon, pupperfish... is better the mode.. this mode not need change the gold received the fish..

I really appreciate this server.
"

Sorry for the english bad... This is the message i send for staffs, and i know have very peoples like fishing, others like Stole the fishers man, but all we know the fishingis dead actually why one update before,is very sad we know, doo coinpurse if you not have damage, fight with the other having the high gear.. not is all can defend you spot in fishing.. and have very much peoples he not like the "potato" life... doing packs and packs all days, farming the materials for this, have peoples not have pacience for this, fishing for me is the best mode for farm gold ever,not is bored, not is "automatic" same the coinpurse (NOT TALKING OF THE BOTS, BUT THE YOU ENTER IN AUTOMATIC PROCESS KILLING ALL YOU LOOK).

Now i need ask.. You miss the fishing times ? Looking the Marlin spot.. You miss the Raids of Fishing in Nation ? The pvp in fishing times, protection your fish or stole others ? I miss..

Leave your opinion in the comments, and if you want tell a story about fishing time.

To be honest I just like robbing people lol. But if they buffed fishing I would probably do it myself. It's a lengthy process that definitely deserves a better reward.

It's an awesome feature in the game and more people would love doing it if it was worth it.

This is something that had been addressed on the live server many times and had never been applied. I hope they listen on this server and make this happen finally.

Totally agree, fishing since the change of 3.0 is dead, before, in 2.9 and beyond it was fun to fish or steal fishermen. Now it's been a long time since you have seen people fishing, no matter how much they say the price of fish went up, it's not fun anymore, and it's not worth it either.

Fishing has already been buffed. Here is a link to the updates increased to the fishing:

Fishing is already on a good level. BUT, if you want it to be more profitable for you, you need to work on your fishing proficiency.
There are no plans to increase it further.

ok, you dont buffed it again then, no problem. But can you change it to version 2.9 fishing? would it be possible to do it? In that version(2.9), as expery says it was better to fish.

ok, you dont buffed it again then, no problem. But can you change it to version 2.9 fishing? would it be possible to do it? In that version(2.9), as expery says it was better to fish.
It wasn't better in 2.9. But, if players are interested in reversing the improvements added in 3.5 to the previous level, that can be done.

First, more people in your opinion, it will be better. But yes, I believe that in 2.9 (it was in 2.9, right? Correct me if I am wrong please), when fishing raids were assembled and good spots were sought it was better and more profitable, right?

First, more people in your opinion, it will be better. But yes, I believe that in 2.9 (it was in 2.9, right? Correct me if I am wrong please), when fishing raids were assembled and good spots were sought it was better and more profitable, right?
No. Nothing in fishing was changed, neither spots were more frequent nor more fish was there if we compare 2.9 with the later versions until the current one. However, in 3.5 gold profits became higher due to the changes made by us. So, I will just repeat myself, no, it wasn't better in 2.9.
And, as I said earlier, you need to work on your fishing proficiency level to make it a more profitable activity for yourself. Your profits from fishing are very much dependent on your fishing proficiency level.

Increasing the gold for fish would probably be a good idea. You can run packs from Sandeep to two crowns for almost 20g each for about the same labor as catching a fish and you can get 22 of them on a boat in way less time that it would take to fill out the 8 fish you can get with one person on a fishing boat.

The changes that were previously made were good, but I think that a solid 20-30% increase in gold would bring fishing up to the point of being worth the time investment. It's a really cool and unique way to make gold in archeage, but right now it just doesn't pay.

Edit: one other thing I'd like to mention is that you don't need gear to fish, and you don't need land. It's a relatively newbie-friendly way to generate gold, and I think that, as a community, we should be doing all we can to offer new players ways to gear up.

No. Nothing in fishing was changed, neither spots were more frequent nor more fish was there if we compare 2.9 with the later versions until the current one. However, in 3.5 gold profits became higher due to the changes made by us. So, I will just repeat myself, no, it wasn't better in 2.9.
And, as I said earlier, you need to work on your fishing proficiency level to make it a more profitable activity for yourself. Your profits from fishing are very much dependent on your fishing proficiency level.
Have 3 friends my with the fishing boat and 1 people with the max prof... 230k more the frozen fishing rod and the title, he can take the 260k of fishing.. and he talk "not worth fishing anymore, do it for fun, worth packing or farm coinpurse" and i aggre with he, i downgrade all my prof in fishing because he not is good now.. Remember sparkle.. the fishing in sea is long, a fishing spot lasts approximately 45 minutes, if you have a good profession and if you are in a reasonably close location you can fill the boat in the same spot 2x and with luck 3x .. you could once catch a full marlin boat that was around 300 -500g on average .. now if you get 300g you are already lucky, because the average is 200g .. but 200g for a spot that you get a maximum of 3x .. is 600g every 1h (rounding up over time from the spot to where to deliver the fish ..) comparing this with the packs you make achieves much more than that at the same time depending on your preparation and the most basic place of Hell> Two in peacetime, get a little over 1k gold, and coinpurse with a good weapon .. get 1k approximately with 400-500 coinpurse and the crates ... you buffed the coinpurse and it was very good, left the trade packs in a worthwhile way if you are prepared (with land in the right places basically and ..) but fishing is that the way that requires more luck than all (not counting the ancient salvage merchant ship or the Sunken treasures chest) she is not profitable, she is unworthy, even for people with high profession, because It is not the profession that makes a difference in it, it helps to kill the fish faster and fill the boat faster I agree .. but it does not increase the luck of catching a fish worth something .. Pufferfish? 9g? Gargat puffer 20g .. are the worst fish, and usually the most caught ..

It wasn't better in 2.9. But, if players are interested in reversing the improvements added in 3.5 to the previous level, that can be done.

Currently, fishing presents imo three major problems that can be summed up:
  • Long time to find a fish bank (im gonna do a detailed explanation later)
  • Limited number of fish per spot (old system is better, explained a few lines later)
  • Above-overage labor cost/time (pufferfish problem)
First, there are a limited number of fish spots in the sea and once they have been exhausted, they take a long time to reappear. In addition, the sea in this game is very wide and the points of fish are concentrated in some very specific areas.

Since 3.0 update fishing spots have been operating instead of time with a system based on a certain number of fish per fishing spots. This change was counterproductive because it eliminated fishing groups as fishing spots were exhausted very quickly, doing this now a individual activity and subjecting the fisherman to an increased risk of theft than he had already.
It should be clarified from the beginning that the labor cost is reduced with the increase in the profession level but there is a type of fish, the pufferfish that causes a large increase in the cost of labor as the puffer has a very low price.
In addition, fishing involves 3 activities necessary to obtain the money; find the fishing site, fill the boat and return to the sale point (at the best, it takes at least 30min, but normally it takes more time. To make a comparison, an average nuia trade that give u 13g/pack takes about 8min, this is around 400g, even more, in 30min, something impossible to achieve with fishing).

Returning to the issue in question of improvements made and new possibles improvements. The improves on price of fishes was a great help, the frequecy of medium and large fishes too. But, the real problem can be seen in two ways;
  • On the one hand, all gold-generating systems have been improved over time. Faster merchants, vehicles carrying more packs or more money generated by farming purses while the fishingboat is stuck on 7 fishes and same speed. Couldnt u increase the number of fish to be loaded onto a boat? Making the boxes have a system similar to that of sunken ships.
  • On the other hand, we go back to the problem of time, this is the change that my mates probably want to revert to older versions, to make the fishing spot remain active for a while (like 45min as the first states of game) and not by number of fishes catched. This would cause a fishing to become a group activity again, bringin greater protection and profitability to fishing spots.
Thanks so much for read this long text

P.s : Currently im not fishing anymore, because, even with the custom improvements i thinks is still less profitable than other ways of gold generating, so maybe i´ve lost some changes

Last edited:
i would love to be able to fish again i used to love it in alpha and just after then it got fucked up and worthless.

you are completely wrong about fishing, which proves that you know nothing about the game, I have 260k of fishing proficiency with title and the boot, I take an average of 45 minutes to farm 120 gold, which is ridiculous comparing with packs or coin purse ... what do you have to tell me now ADM.

Attachments

• Print.jpg
    Print.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 325
The problem was, has, and is the issue of the addition of trash fish to the loot table. This was added as a nerf to fishing way way back and I've already mentioned it more than once.

A flat gold increase won't fix squat.

As I said before in another thread, even fishing on retail was great. Fishing here is better, considering the changes they put through.

The only thing I have an issue with is the time it takes for a spot to spawn, and how long it lasts. Searching for a spot can take forever, in my experience.

600g an hour is really good imo. You compare it to packs... but packs need a lot more mats and labor to get the same amount of gold in an hour afaik. fishing you just go fish xd
fishing actually not is farm, is for "funny" man, she no longer compensated, became unprofitable

@Edit remember for try take 600g need spot near any locaation you can deliiver, and very very very lucky, is very hard

fishing actually not is farm, is for "funny" man, she no longer compensated, became unprofitable

@Edit remember for try take 600g need spot near any locaation you can deliiver, and very very very lucky, is very hard

I did say, the spot is the only thing I'd say should be buffed a bit, rest seems great to me. And if you want easy place to deliver, get a tidal bungalow o.o

you are completely wrong about fishing, which proves that you know nothing about the game, I have 260k of fishing proficiency with title and the boot, I take an average of 45 minutes to farm 120 gold, which is ridiculous comparing with packs or coin purse ... what do you have to tell me now ADM.
we need a buff in fishing

I did say, the spot is the only thing I'd say should be buffed a bit, rest seems great to me. And if you want easy place to deliver, get a tidal bungalow o.o
You fishing any time ? '-' you know the prices of the fish? 85g is the fishing boat more ridiculus you can take... 300g is the best of best of best, and i guess he not can take this... fishing now is one bad jockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back