What's new

Fishing Meta?

Bell

Asked around about this but, couldn't seem to find anyone who had a straight answer about this.

Is there a Fishing Rod Tier List? Which Fishing Rod is the absolute best? I don't have more than one to compare with. Some are obvious. Sturdy is better than Flexible for sport fishing. But I'm not really asking about the comparison between those two. My question is more...

Is the Thunderstruck Fishing Rod better? Is the Archeum Rod better? Is the Santiago's better? What would a tier list strictly based on sport fishing damage look like for fishing rods, or is the Expert's Sturdy Fishing Rod just the go to, best fishing rod there is?

Not sure about the others since iirc they expire but sturdy is only better than flexible when you're starting out, later on the damage advantage is not that big as the difference in the amount of fish you can catch with the flexible vs. the sturdy.

Hello,

In my opinion the flexible rod is the way to go atm. Yes, the sturdy has more damage, however, it can take a very long time for you to catch anything on your fish. One of my fam once got so unlucky he had 4 fish in an hour, and I had already been telling him that I feel flexible is sorta better for that reason.

The following info is to max your damage with the flexible fishing rod.

Keep in mind when you start fishing:
- Get t4 dawnsdrop for 20k prof. (5k, 10k, or 15k at the lower tiers)
- Find a public mermaid bathtub to get the 10k prof. buff when you feed it a [Dahuta's Bubble]
- Acquire the hero statue buff for 2k prof.

Not only does this increase your damage, it also increases the gold you get from the fish, due to the custom fishing changes. Ask around your faction if you need help with one of the first two. Tho, if you are west, I have a tub on my plaza.

Other tips:
- If you got labor but no time to play (e.g. chores/homework/whatever keeps you busy irl), get some worms and afk fish to level your prof.
- Do mirage fishing, you can fish for an hour every Saturday between 12pm and 23:59 server time.
It helps you get used to sport fishing, and also is a fun way to raise your proficiency, with an rng chance of getting gold for catching a high ranked fish.

- Once you hit 50k buffed prof. - go grab the title quest in Ynystere or Cinderstone at the docks, for another 8k prof buff.

- If you are able to, invest in the [Merchant's Costume: Fishing]. It increases damage to sport fishing (mirage excluded).
- If possible, equip [Merchant's Costume: Basic] for the 10k prof boost to gain extra gold when handing in. If lacking a fishing costume, it is also decent to use for extra damage. This damage boost does include mirage fishing.

Extra info:
- In a later patch, you will require both types of rods at max tier to get the higher upgrade rod that will become available.
- Santiago's is similar to Archeum rod, Thunderstruck is better. Frozen wave was the best. I wouldn't use any of those anymore in favour of catching fish faster.
Besides, with the available proficiency buffs AND the option to have people craft for you at the craft request board, getting the new rods and using them is rather easy.

Edit, added:
Scale, damage [big reel in] at max prof:
Expert flexible: 1400~
Frozen wave: 1500~
Expert sturdy: 1600~

So from my point of view, with the launch of this patch my damage went down by about 100 in favour of catching a lot faster. It is easy to fill up 3 boats in an hour as opposed to tryharding for it. Increasing by a 100 seemed redundant.

Back