What's new

Fixing issue with ppl not playing and keep paying taxes.

i dont know names they are from AH Sparkle meaby u check them and where that gold is going.

Example
max prof larceny 1 coinpurse 6 labor cost 1g produced
tax certificate 5 tax cert 180 labor 5g produced,

So u can get 1g per 36 labor from crafring taxes vs 1g from coinpurse for 6 labr. This is 6x worse thing to do. Ur 6 months of play time is worth 1 month of a person that open coinpurses and i dont even add part that coinpurses not only contain gold. So there are only couple option for this happening alt account, mentally handicapped person or someone legit dont have time to play for some period of time and dumping labor to dump labor in any way but just fast.

That change would only hurt people that dont have time to play and would like to dump some labor fast and thats the idea to hurt ppl that dont play. Yes i know there are diferent situations in life ppl have to move from place to place take some brakes lose conection to inthernet cuz of tornados or tsunamis i know shit happens. But for that argument we have Tax prepay up to 5 weeks and i belive this is enought or meaby we could increase tax prepay for even longer but that not up to me.
Your reply sounded like you are sure in something. As you are sure, you are either aware of some players doing it or you are spreading the rumors. As you don't give the names or any proves, I assume that is the second. In the future, make sure to avoid spreading the rumors and if you are aware of some players actions that are breaking the rules, please submit a ticket with a proper report. Thank you.

Your reply sounded like you are sure in something. As you are sure, you are either aware of some players doing it or you are spreading the rumors. As you don't give the names or any proves, I assume that is the second. In the future, make sure to avoid spreading the rumors and if you are aware of some players actions that are breaking the rules, please submit a ticket with a proper report. Thank you.

Yes i am 100% sure alt accounts exists on server even simply from fact u ban some. But fair thing to say would be to keep alt issue away from this discussion as is it not main issue of the topic and its not about to solve or help with existing of alt accounts on server. And its not my purpouse to connect players that dont play and keep pay taxes to alt accounts as they may be not connected to it if u think it is well i am sorry its not as i am aweare of their existance i dont care much from its not my responsibility to remove them from server. (in short i am aweare some alts exist if any of them produce tax certs i dont know)

Last edited:
Yeah, this isn't a fix. I went two weeks with no internet because i moved across the country. We aren't missing the point; your "fix" isn't valid. The valuable spot that isn't available in one specified spot could be available two spots away, demoing. Taylor said the person they lived next to didn't come back until 4.5; well, he came back. It is none of your business whether or not they utilize the land for anything other than storage. I don't plant on all my lands either, so what? None of your business.

Spend more time running around looking for demos if you care sooo much about "valuable" spots. But don't try to take what others still log to preserve; they do it for a reason. It isn't your business as to why they still log and pay taxes on the game they don't play RIGHT NOW.
This pretty much sums up what I think.

yes but there are ppl that only decorate their houses and dont plant anything and u would force them to plant and i think people should be free to do whatever they want with land
Which, by that logic, defeats the whole point of this thread.

Last edited:
Are you saying that you are buying tax certs from bots/alt accounts? Names please.

I do believe the origin of the tax certs on the AH needs to be investigated. Knowing how much labor it takes to produce tax certs, I wonder about people who are listing thousands of certs on the AH. Yesterday 33,000 tax certs were sold on the AH. It takes 180 labor to produce 5 unbound taxes. So 33,000 / 5 = 6,600 crafting cycles at 180 labor each for a total of 1,188,000 labor. Even at 7k labor cap + 4k in labor pots a day, that is all of the labor for 108 players. Just doesn't seem that this is very legit. Especially when you consider the number of people who own property. This means that 100+ players with max construction are selling off everything every day to support this kind of tax flow. Does this seem reasonable and likely to everyone reading this? Or.. are there people out there with a number of alt accounts crafting certs, selling them, and funneling the gold back to their main? We have no way of finding this information, but I would think staff would have the ability to look at these AH sales and follow the money.

I do believe the origin of the tax certs on the AH needs to be investigated. Knowing how much labor it takes to produce tax certs, I wonder about people who are listing thousands of certs on the AH. Yesterday 33,000 tax certs were sold on the AH. It takes 180 labor to produce 5 unbound taxes. So 33,000 / 5 = 6,600 crafting cycles at 180 labor each for a total of 1,188,000 labor. Even at 7k labor cap + 4k in labor pots a day, that is all of the labor for 108 players. Just doesn't seem that this is very legit. Especially when you consider the number of people who own property. This means that 100+ players with max construction are selling off everything every day to support this kind of tax flow. Does this seem reasonable and likely to everyone reading this? Or.. are there people out there with a number of alt accounts crafting certs, selling them, and funneling the gold back to their main? We have no way of finding this information, but I would think staff would have the ability to look at these AH sales and follow the money.
Per your request, had several players who were selling tax certs in big numbers checked, all were using their own labor and that was their choice how to spend it. Neither of them was cheating, using bot or alt account for it or forwarding income to other accounts.
If you are not involved with that activity, it doesn't mean that other legit players are not interested in it.
Of course, that is always possible that someone will try to do it the way you provided. Due to it, if you see anything you find suspicious, screenshot and submit a ticket with details, so we could take a further look into it and investigate a specific case.

It’s not the best labor per silver ratio but it is the easyiest. I believe players that are on a break would prob use this option. To make passive gold

Per your request, had several players who were selling tax certs in big numbers checked, all were using their own labor and that was their choice how to spend it. Neither of them was cheating, using bot or alt account for it or forwarding income to other accounts.
If you are not involved with that activity, it doesn't mean that other legit players are not interested in it.
Of course, that is always possible that someone will try to do it the way you provided. Due to it, if you see anything you find suspicious, screenshot and submit a ticket with details, so we could take a further look into it and investigate a specific case.

Thank you for taking the time to spot check some of the listings. It boggles the mind that a million labor a day is being used to make tax certs. I wish people would be more active and burn that labor doing other things. But notify me first so I can stockpile more tax certs before the supply dries up :cool: I've spent a small fortune on my stockpile. But then again land tends to pile up.

Change tax certs to Gilda stars and watch how easy it would be to weed out inactive people.
I think this is a great idea, gilda stars are earned through just regularly activity actually playing the game. Itd be a good way of making sure land is being used by active players.

"to be somewhat on topic, it took me almost a month to be able to afford just 1 16x16"

Lmao, When I started there was a lot more players, I waited 4 months to be able to find a 16x16

And now that a bunch of whiny babies want to widen their properties they are trying to push others out of well earned spots.

This is all about people wanting MORE land, it is NOT about newbies not being able to find spots !

There are PLENTY of spots for newbies to grab.

"to be somewhat on topic, it took me almost a month to be able to afford just 1 16x16"

Lmao, When I started there was a lot more players, I waited 4 months to be able to find a 16x16

And now that a bunch of whiny babies want to widen their properties they are trying to push others out of well earned spots.

This is all about people wanting MORE land, it is NOT about newbies not being able to find spots !

There are PLENTY of spots for newbies to grab.

funny how they deleted my other comment lol the truth suppressed by private server authorities. My comment that was deleted contained far more serious issues than this and thats precisely why it was deleted.

Regardless of all that, are you saying that people squatting on tons of land without playing the game is an ok thing? I mean I can understand if people have a lot of properties and use it or at least let guildles use it.. but to just.. sit on it? no one knows if these folks intend to return to the game or just do not want to lose their pixel property. Thats why there should be SOME kind of system to discourage holding a lot of lands and not playing the game at all. (not 5 weeks emergency afk, or moving to a new house, but people who do not play the game for months and months except to get on and pay tax)

I dont know of a system that can be implemented that is fair so i will not just speak out of my ass. However im sure the big brains that run this server could do something about it, if they wanted to.

Last edited:
You comment was removed because it wasn't something true and only acts to discredit the server.

You brought up people using excuses like its their family members account as a way to use multiple accounts at once for land and yet provide neither proof or names for instigation making it just a pointless comment. Complaining about an issue but not providing anything to base that on showing who's doing makes it nothing more than an accusation against nameless people.
People using alts/bots to grab land.
People haven't used bots to grab land in over a year because there's no point to do. Land is open everywhere. People used bots in the early days when the server was still new and everyone trying to claim as much land as possible in the best locations.
People using alts to hold land. Again provide names or something to base that on otherwise don't make accusations.

You said "Since this is a private server and not an official company, profit is the main goal."
You seem to be very much mistaken in an official company is aimed to make the most profit. Profit is not a motivation. Its an entirely free to join and play like everyone else experience.

The next comment is not banning people because they give us money this couldn't be further from the truth and is simply just a lie. People are banned when there is actually a case against them.
Creating a server with a patreon like sub fee. Ar is only able to operate as a private server because it doesn't directly get given real money from people. Donations are by technicality a donation. An option which is done with crypto.
If we had a patreon or subscription service AR would not exist. It would be forced to close within a week.

It was more akin to slander of the server than a constructive comment related to the topic of the thread.

Change tax certs to Gilda stars and watch how easy it would be to weed out inactive people.
Can you elaborate further on amounts of gilda it would cost for each week, per property and scaling for multiple properties?

funny how they deleted my other comment lol the truth suppressed by private server authorities. My comment that was deleted contained far more serious issues than this and thats precisely why it was deleted.

Regardless of all that, are you saying that people squatting on tons of land without playing the game is an ok thing? I mean I can understand if people have a lot of properties and use it or at least let guildles use it.. but to just.. sit on it? no one knows if these folks intend to return to the game or just do not want to lose their pixel property. Thats why there should be SOME kind of system to discourage holding a lot of lands and not playing the game at all. (not 5 weeks emergency afk, or moving to a new house, but people who do not play the game for months and months except to get on and pay tax)

I dont know of a system that can be implemented that is fair so i will not just speak out of my ass. However im sure the big brains that run this server could do something about it, if they wanted to.
Yeah, its up to them. People can be that kind of player if they want, logging in just for paying taxes.
True, these kind of ppl might be a little bit pain in the ass (especially for player who want to expand their land) but still itsnt against the rules.

If you have an interest in their land, just asking them nicely and make an offer.
Doesnt it make sense ? you have to make an effort to get what you want.

Or you can just be a jerk who doesnt want to compete with others, lazy person, and crying to your parents (in this case administrator) to make them grant your wish
by making FANCY ARGUMENTS about "unactive player deserve a punishment"

You comment was removed because it wasn't something true and only acts to discredit the server.

You brought up people using excuses like its their family members account as a way to use multiple accounts at once for land and yet provide neither proof or names for instigation making it just a pointless comment. Complaining about an issue but not providing anything to base that on showing who's doing makes it nothing more than an accusation against nameless people.

If we gonna go there, Im gonna go ahead and state that I provided substantial evidence of a number of people in the guild I joined breaking the alt rule under the guise of "family members accounts". Some of the evidence I could not provide as it was audio in discord voice chat. Then when I provided all the things I had heard over my weeks in discord with this guild, accompanied by screenshots that confirmed what I had heard, you guys said I did not provide enough evidence and wanted me to get more as if it was my job to sniff out rule breakers and not yours. Thats not how it works. Anyway, 3 of the suspects were acquitted with little to no real investigation, the other was banned briefly and then unbanned because apparently they had a good story.. but yea, im sure if i had a disabled kid who happened to love archeage but could only sit at mining houses 24 hours a day clicking on nodes when they are full i would totally let them do that. /s

People using alts/bots to grab land.
People haven't used bots to grab land in over a year because there's no point to do. Land is open everywhere. People used bots in the early days when the server was still new and everyone trying to claim as much land as possible in the best locations.
People using alts to hold land. Again provide names or something to base that on otherwise don't make accusations.

I spent a couple weeks hunting demos, I witnessed a certain person grab 3 spots close to eachother almost instantaneously, reported them and was told "oh hes a famous land grabber hes not using a bot hes just really good." yea ok. I ran into this same person for a good portion of the demos I found, and he always got the one I was going for. When I happened to find one that wasnt scouted (i think) the demo time was wrong and I lost it anyway. I posted about this already and it wasnt even commented on at all.

You said "Since this is a private server and not an official company, profit is the main goal."
You seem to be very much mistaken in an official company is aimed to make the most profit. Profit is not a motivation. Its an entirely free to join and play like everyone else experience.
True, you're right I could have worded that differently. While profit is the main goal for both mentioned parties, with a private server profit takes the front seat at the expense of .. hmm.. staff integrity? Private servers aren't held to any standards and face no consequences for shady practice as you have the all encompassing loophole of money spent here being a "donation" and not an exchange or transaction. you also dont have to worry about mass exodus of player base due to these practices because all the people who will leave arent paying your bills, and the people who will stay are the ones spending all their money here. Its a no lose situation.

The next comment is not banning people because they give us money this couldn't be further from the truth and is simply just a lie. People are banned when there is actually a case against them.
I presented a couple cases, as stated above. it was shot down with little effort on you guys part.

Creating a server with a patreon like sub fee. Ar is only able to operate as a private server because it doesn't directly get given real money from people. Donations are by technicality a donation. An option which is done with crypto.
If we had a patreon or subscription service AR would not exist. It would be forced to close within a week.

Ok, so no sub fee. An otherwise equally non-p2w model would suffice as well. This again proves that AR isn't concerned with attracting more people, just keeping the whales that are here already. Its widely accepted that the vast majority of MMO players do not like pay to win, yet you guys adopted the p2w model and just made it cheaper. So the whales get to come here and spend LESS money to get MORE power, really just folds the problem on itself and makes it stronger, even though its portrayed as a way to make gearing/p2w less impactful on people with less money.

It was more akin to slander of the server than a constructive comment related to the topic of the thread.

It definitely wasnt slander as nothing I stated in the deleted comment was false. I have no reason to come here and just say shit that isnt true for the hell of it. I truly wish this server was managed better as I love Archeage as a game and have not once got to fully enjoy the game either here or elsewhere. Not Legacy, not unchained, not at all. I check in every now and then to see if anythings changed, call it wishful thinking but.. its still the same every time.

Yeah, its up to them. People can be that kind of player if they want, logging in just for paying taxes.
True, these kind of ppl might be a little bit pain in the ass (especially for player who want to expand their land) but still itsnt against the rules.

If you have an interest in their land, just asking them nicely and make an offer.
Doesnt it make sense ? you have to make an effort to get what you want.

Or you can just be a jerk who doesnt want to compete with others, lazy person, and crying to your parents (in this case administrator) to make them grant your wish
by making FANCY ARGUMENTS about "unactive player deserve a punishment"

I get what you are saying.. however some pieces dont make sense.

If someone doesnt even play the game anymore, yet they make the effort to always log in to pay taxes on their land, what makes you think they would just sell it off so easily? Asking them nicely to buy their land would end in 2 scenarios, either straight up "no", or they will overcharge the fuck out of you so they can go buy 4 more just like it and then squat on those. The 3rd and least likely scenario is that they will sell you their property for maybe around average market value.

Secondly, I agree with players having to put forth effort to acquire things. Avoiding the hypocrisy of people donating to get gold then buying land to squat on (no effort at all), There is no amount of effort you can exert to get land from squatters. Wait for them to forget and it demos, or ask them if you can buy it. Both are unappealing methods of acquiring land if you ask me.

Last edited:
If we gonna go there, Im gonna go ahead and state that I provided substantial evidence of a number of people in the guild I joined breaking the alt rule under the guise of "family members accounts". Some of the evidence I could not provide as it was audio in discord voice chat. Then when I provided all the things I had heard over my weeks in discord with this guild, accompanied by screenshots that confirmed what I had heard, you guys said I did not provide enough evidence and wanted me to get more as if it was my job to sniff out rule breakers and not yours. Thats not how it works. Anyway, 3 of the suspects were acquitted with little to no real investigation, the other was banned briefly and then unbanned because apparently they had a good story.. but yea, im sure if i had a disabled kid who happened to love archeage but could only sit at mining houses 24 hours a day clicking on nodes when they are full i would totally let them do that. /s

I spent a couple weeks hunting demos, I witnessed a certain person grab 3 spots close to eachother almost instantaneously, reported them and was told "oh hes a famous land grabber hes not using a bot hes just really good." yea ok. I ran into this same person for a good portion of the demos I found, and he always got the one I was going for. When I happened to find one that wasnt scouted (i think) the demo time was wrong and I lost it anyway. I posted about this already and it wasnt even commented on at all.

True, you're right I could have worded that differently. While profit is the main goal for both mentioned parties, with a private server profit takes the front seat at the expense of .. hmm.. staff integrity? Private servers aren't held to any standards and face no consequences for shady practice as you have the all encompassing loophole of money spent here being a "donation" and not an exchange or transaction. you also dont have to worry about mass exodus of player base due to these practices because all the people who will leave arent paying your bills, and the people who will stay are the ones spending all their money here. Its a no lose situation.

I presented a couple cases, as stated above. it was shot down with little effort on you guys part.

Ok, so no sub fee. An otherwise equally non-p2w model would suffice as well. This again proves that AR isn't concerned with attracting more people, just keeping the whales that are here already. Its widely accepted that the vast majority of MMO players do not like pay to win, yet you guys adopted the p2w model and just made it cheaper. So the whales get to come here and spend LESS money to get MORE power, really just folds the problem on itself and makes it stronger, even though its portrayed as a way to make gearing/p2w less impactful on people with less money.

It definitely wasnt slander as nothing I stated in the deleted comment was false. I have no reason to come here and just say shit that isnt true for the hell of it. I truly wish this server was managed better as I love Archeage as a game and have not once got to fully enjoy the game either here or elsewhere. Not Legacy, not unchained, not at all. I check in every now and then to see if anythings changed, call it wishful thinking but.. its still the same every time.
You are out of this thread topic, so don't be surprised your posts may get deleted.

If you have someone you want to report - submit a ticket and report, but make sure to provide the proves of your words, at least some. It should be clear that we'll not ban someone just from the words, as false reports, unfortunately, is not a seldom thing.

But make sure to avoid spreading false information about this server, stating that players who donate can break the rules with no consequences. That is not true. We don't care if you donated or not - you still need to follow the rules; they are the same for everyone. And if you know somebody, who's breaking the rules and have the actual proves - you just need to submit a ticket and that player will be checked. Of course, if evidence is not enough, we may ask for more information.

And the last thing, you said that nothing in your removed post was slander or false. But that post of yours was actually was full of it. I explained you our position above and as you may still just keep saying that we let players break the rules and keep the alts and run the bots, I may surprise you a bit, but players who use alts and bots usually don't donate, that's why they use alts and bots.

So, if you have something related to this thread topic, feel free to post. But if you have any other concerns or questions not related to the thread discussion - feel free to PM me your questions and I'll gladly reply them.

Can you elaborate further on amounts of gilda it would cost for each week, per property and scaling for multiple properties?

PTW
8x8 - 5 per week
16x16 - 15 per week
24x24 - 25 per week

Reg @ Max Tax (I do not remember the small amounts)
8x8 Farm - 6 per week
8x8 SILO - 8 per week
16x16 - 18 per week
24x24 - 30 per week
28x28 - 45 per week
44x44 - 60 per week

That is just an off the top of my head example.

Added bonus people could run gilda again to make up for any amounts they need to pay for land. Craftable Tax certs could be changed to a needed commodity like keys for example. Random procs of Copper, Silver and Gold Keys based upon your exploration skill. Construction would be impacted for a time but it would lend to more people switching to it Exploration to have more chances for better keys.

EDIT: Copper keys being the main point as Copper Ore is extremely short on this server.

Last edited:
Also add in Gilda Stars to loot crates and bags while removing lunadrops (you know those shitty +3 ones and slighty increase the drop rate for gilda) say for instance per 100 bags maybe get 18-20 gilda.

what if somehow the patron buff expire and you need to renew it from account panel on website, while is not active, no more offline labor. That will dificult the way of doing taxes if you don't play,

what if somehow the patron buff expire and you need to renew it from account panel on website, while is not active, no more offline labor. That will dificult the way of doing taxes if you don't play,

while this is a decent perspective on the issue, removing offline labor regen after so long offline, the people who log in only to pay taxes would most likely then log in more frequently to keep labor regen and pay taxes then log back off lol also im pretty sure most of the long-time players have stacks of labor pots from stipend they can just use when they log in every so often if they dont have labor for taxes OR buy taxes off the marketplace (since theres so many being posted)

They will use there computers to labor regen, meanwhile, if they have a toasters, they will not be able to play other stuff.
If they have a lot of stacks of labor pots, they will end soon or later.
If they buy taxes from marketplace, better for us , our devs deserve donations for the great work they are doing for us.
And to add on my idea, they can only craft taxes if they login every 3 days, if they didnt login in, they need to stack the logins till 3 days to craft taxes. (maybe this only rule might be enough to solve the problem)
Does it worth to keep the land? i think not.

Back