What's new

Fixing issue with ppl not playing and keep paying taxes.

You missing point a bit i think i didint read everything but. My idea was just to remove people ability to keep paying for their land just by loging in for 5 min and spend labor in short if u want keep ur houses u need play if u dont play well dont hold land. I myself right now abusing this system and just log in for 5 min and pay for my houses and i will do it till server dies cuz why not.

I get that but that's a terrible idea. That's just creating a punishment system for the sole purpose harming players with multiple property. As people have said in this thread, there is an abundance of land for people to just grab whenever they like. Your idea would make sense if the server was overpopulated but that's not the case. If land is freely available, why does anyone need to worry about someone else's estate that they aren't using? I suggested my idea to give Tax certs more value which would cause supply/demand to dictate how well people can manage multiple properties on their own and give people without land a way to earn some easy money. Enthusiasm varies in any mmo which lowers people's playtime while they wait for content. Since Archeage never has any meaningful content, many people just wait around until something interesting happens. Punishing those players will just force them to leave and result in a dead looking server with barren housing districts. Before you say the server is already dead, let me say this... People will be more drawn to a server with decorative unused buildings then a server with no buildings in sight.

On second thought I believe the system in place even though not perfect is fine. One reason I changed my stance because I am an active player and have the land I need or want. So either way I will not be affected or care so I do not feel I should weigh in. Second reason I changed my stance is that we had a guild member that has taken time away from the game for about a year but paid his taxes by logging in everyday to make certs. The player is now back in the game working on gear and enjoying the game. 8^)

I get that but that's a terrible idea. That's just creating a punishment system for the sole purpose harming players with multiple property. As people have said in this thread, there is an abundance of land for people to just grab whenever they like. Your idea would make sense if the server was overpopulated but that's not the case. If land is freely available, why does anyone need to worry about someone else's estate that they aren't using? I suggested my idea to give Tax certs more value which would cause supply/demand to dictate how well people can manage multiple properties on their own and give people without land a way to earn some easy money. Enthusiasm varies in any mmo which lowers people's playtime while they wait for content. Since Archeage never has any meaningful content, many people just wait around until something interesting happens. Punishing those players will just force them to leave and result in a dead looking server with barren housing districts. Before you say the server is already dead, let me say this... People will be more drawn to a server with decorative unused buildings then a server with no buildings in sight.

Yes i understand ur point cuz my idea is to punish people that dont play and only block spots for sake of blocking spots and i mean certain spots and they will never free them cuz they just want block that spots till server shut down. Plz dont say that there is plenty of land thats not the point its about ppl that dont play anymore and they will pay taxes forever cuz they can. Example: go find rly good pack running spots and look for owners u will know what i mean. Land shouldnt be owned forever only cuz you can log in for 5 min every day and craft tax certs. If u play and u exchange tax to gold in rate of 1:1 even if u have to pay 2k gold per 2 weeks u will not be punished in any way cuz you easly produce that 2k gold in 2 weeks by playing game person that dont play from the other hand well not so much.

Last edited:
And that's that main reason I dislike that idea. You're specifically talking about optimal land placements rather than land in general. You can't forcefully free up those positions without pissing people off. The people who hold those positions spent time and resources acquiring and maintaining them. It's not fair to punish them for holding land just so a few more newer players can earn a little extra gold. Open world housing systems are first come first serve. If someone is really interested in such spots, they can mail the owner and negotiate a deal. In my mind the playerbase is playing monopoly but you wanna punish the players owning Boardwalk and Park Place because they will never build hotels on them. I just don't see that as reasonable until we have a dire need for it. I agree in principle that people who own lots of land should do something with it and stimulate the economy. However mechanically it's unfair to force a change that requires people to play X amount of time a day/week in order to keep their property. That's basically telling people to do a daily to maintain property or to ensure that taxes don't get out of control. I'd rather taxes be strictly controlled by supply/demand then implement a tedious system such as that.

Also those players you refer to are probably still lurking around the game or forums. They are simply waiting for something interesting to motivate them to actually play the game. They probably don't want to quit and lose the valuable property they acquired till then. I highly doubt they are so malicious that they would take the effort to log in and pay taxes just to stick it to the server. Not in a community that celebrates players yoloing their gear and giving away everything every time they announce their departure.

Last edited:
And that's that main reason I dislike that idea. You're specifically talking about optimal land placements rather than land in general. You can't forcefully free up those positions without pissing people off. The people who hold those positions spent time and resources acquiring and maintaining them. It's not fair to punish them for holding land just so a few more newer players can earn a little extra gold. Open world housing systems are first come first serve. If someone is really interested in such spots, they can mail the owner and negotiate a deal. In my mind the playerbase is playing monopoly but you wanna punish the players owning Boardwalk and Park Place because they will never build hotels on them. I just don't see that as reasonable until we have a dire need for it. I agree in principle that people who own lots of land should do something with it and stimulate the economy. However mechanically it's unfair to force a change that requires people to play X amount of time a day/week in order to keep their property. That's basically telling people to do a daily to maintain property or to ensure that taxes don't get out of control. I'd rather taxes be strictly controlled by supply/demand then implement a tedious system such as that.

Also those players you refer to are probably still lurking around the game or forums. They are simply waiting for something interesting to motivate them to actually play the game. They probably don't want to quit and lose the valuable property they acquired till then. I highly doubt they are so malicious that they would take the effort to log in and pay taxes just to stick it to the server. Not in a community that celebrates players yoloing their gear and giving away everything every time they announce their departure.

Yes, But some spots are keept basicly "hostage" by ppl that dont play at least it looks like it. As well u cant speak for ppl that they may come back and play we look at current situation not on some imaginary scenario. Also u have to notice that my proposition is not changing anything for ppl currently playing (unless u got multiple accounts with land what is not allowed). Paying for me example 1300g or 1300 tax certificates every 2 weeks have no diference.

Last edited:
We do not need a change, not everyone can make gold outta the tushie to pay for these lands, maybe they just wanna log on, talk and hang out. Do not force ppl to pay gold for things. Stop pushing for something that does not need to be 'fixed'
k thanks

We do not need a change, not everyone can make gold outta the tushie to pay for these lands, maybe they just wanna log on, talk and hang out. Do not force ppl to pay gold for things. Stop pushing for something that does not need to be 'fixed'
k thanks

You mean do not force ppl to play to hold land i understand it correct ?

You mean do not force ppl to play to hold land i understand it correct ?
I can still not grab the logic behind this thinking. Players had got a property when it was an unclaimed land and hence they have the right to do and not do anything, as they please. If you desire land as a new player, there are open spots. You wish a specific spot that is taken, offer a trade that they cannot refuse. If neither works ask guild mates if they can offer their land. But forcing people to put in hours to the game just because they want to hold virtual estate is uncalled for.

I can still not grab the logic behind this thinking. Players had got a property when it was an unclaimed land and hence they have the right to do and not do anything, as they please. If you desire land as a new player, there are open spots. You wish a specific spot that is taken, offer a trade that they cannot refuse. If neither works ask guild mates if they can offer their land. But forcing people to put in hours to the game just because they want to hold virtual estate is uncalled for.

Ye i know the concept of playing game to hold land is hard to grasp right ?

The hard to grab concept is people who can read well, cannot comprehend that others don't share the same solution as them, to a non existant problem.

that mean yes ? I dont care that u disagre with me cuz u not privide alternatives ? U siply dont bring anything to discusion other than u disagree ? As well u show that holding land and not playing is great is 100% correct and nothing should be changd. yea great gj sorry but its failure idea on many levels.

I long time ago already give up with this topic but looks like some ppl are scared. Do you got alts multiple accounts holding land or something should i actualy go and check ?

Last edited:
that mean yes ? I dont care that u disagre with me cuz u not privide alternatives ? U siply dont bring anything to discusion other than u disagree ? As well u show that holding land and not playing is great is 100% correct and nothing should be changd. yea great gj sorry but its failure idea on many levels.

I long time alo already give up with this topic but looks like some ppl are scared. Do you got alts multiple accounts holding land or something should i actualy go and check ?
I think Kamikage can read just fine. He brought his point of view to the table and from what I gather he finds you to be arguing your point to people that do not share it. He also added that that this is a non-existant problem and dosnt share your solution to this manufactured problem. So to say he brought nothing to the discussion is false.

I mean lets be real here. Is there an argument to be made regarding the current system that would change "your" view or others that share it? If not then going into this thread the idea of "discussion" is flawed.

There is not a easy solution to the problem you presented. The Devs would have to invest a lot of time/energy to "re-work this system" that has been an issue on every AA server that I have played. There will always be players that login to pay taxes to hold land and yea it sucks if they are not active. Then who decides what is "active enough" because they are playing the game long enough to make tax certs to pay taxes. So where does the line get drawn? Who decides how long I play or when i play?

The real difficulty is that a "re-work" presents more problems than it solves and though the current system has flaws it is the best option we have.

I think "threatening to look into players" that hold land is a bit much dont you think? I mean you can look at me all you want but if that statement was made toward me in the way you did I would not like that. I would wonder "Who the fuck do you think you are?" How would you look into it in a conclusive way without having admin authority or to make the statement to begin with. If I were that player I would tell you to go fak yourself for making such a statement.

Last thing, I believe there are bigger problems than land that you and others could lobby against or "Look into". How do you feel about inactive players holding castles? I mean in my view good on them for keeping it if no one can take it and they login to do the min required to keep the Castle. How is that really that much different than the land issue from your point of view? I believe them both to be in the same ballpark of people using a current system to hold something they want. But that can be a separate thread of course.

What make this situation a bit worse is there is a RUMOR that SOME not all players benefiting from Castle profits are RMT them for gold to RMT on AAU for gold. Now this is a RUMOR that has being stated by lots of people and has been the word on the street. So if you want to make a difference and "look into something" I believe that would be a better use of time to check out. So start a new thread to tackle that issue because there is no way you have not heard that being said or..... Go see who is holding land on multiple accounts, your call.

Last edited:
I think Kamikage can read just fine. He brought his point of view to the table and from what I gather he finds you to be arguing your point to people that do not share it. He also added that that this is a non-existant problem and dosnt share your solution to this manufactured problem. So to say he brought nothing to the discussion is false.

I mean lets be real here. Is there an argument to be made regarding the current system that would change "your" view or others that share it? If not then going into this thread the idea of "discussion" is flawed.

There is not a easy solution to the problem you presented. The Devs would have to invest a lot of time/energy to "re-work this system" that has been an issue on every AA server that I have played. There will always be players that login to pay taxes to hold land and yea it sucks if they are not active. Then who decides what is "active enough" because they are playing the game long enough to make tax certs to pay taxes. So where does the line get drawn? Who decides how long I play or when i play?

The real difficulty is that a "re-work" presents more problems than it solves and though the current system has flaws it is the best option we have.

I think "threatening to look into players" that hold land is a bit much dont you think? I mean you can look at me all you want but if that statement was made toward me in the way you did I would not like that. I would wonder "Who the fuck do you think you are?" How would you look into it in a conclusive way without having admin authority or to make the statement to begin with. If I were that player I would tell you to go fak yourself for making such a statement.

Last thing, I believe there are bigger problems than land that you and others could lobby against or "Look into". How do you feel about inactive players holding castles? I mean in my view good on them for keeping it if no one can take it and they login to do the min required to keep the Castle. How is that really that much different than the land issue from your point of view? I believe them both to be in the same ballpark of people using a current system to hold something they want. But that can be a separate thread of course.

What make this situation a bit worse is there is a RUMOR that SOME not all players benefiting from Castle profits are RMT them for gold to RMT on AAU for gold. Now this is a RUMOR that has being stated by lots of people and has been the word on the street. So if you want to make a difference and "look into something" I believe that would be a better use of time to check out. So start a new thread to tackle that issue because there is no way you have not heard that being said or..... Go see who is holding land on multiple accounts, your call.

Problem Exist u like it or not its a fact. Do something will be done ? Most likely no cuz as i think Sparkle alrady said that would need support of majority of people and that will not happen cuz most of us just want free stuff. Who i am to check people land for alt accounts ? Concerned Player on wich Admins rely cuz a lot of bans is served after someone report.

About Castles, Make topic i will be happy to join.

Problem Exist u like it or not its a fact. Do something will be done ? Most likely no cuz as i think Sparkle alrady said that would need support of majority of people and that will not happen cuz most of us just want free stuff. Who i am to check people land for alt accounts ? Concerned Player on wich Admins rely cuz a lot of bans is served after someone report.

About Castles, Make topic i will be happy to join.
Yea i am concerned too This "land stuff" and "RMT" is out of control but... It dosnt matter if "I like it" or "dont like it" both things will continue to happen and for me I can accept this because it is been a part of Archeage from the start. So go be the social justice worrior the dev's "rely on" and fix both of these injustice's! If you dedicate the same amount of effort into a new thread regarding "Castles and Inactive players that RMT the profit" which out of both of these topic is 1000% against the rules maybe the devs can "rely" on you as a trusted player to hand out some reports to get these "rumored" players in violation of the rules to get banned. At the moment the current tax system is not in violation of the rules. I have faith in you Railgun "Make the server great again!" Thanks you for all your help righting the wrongs of this game 10/10 I believe in you!

Last edited:
Yea i am concerned too This "land stuff" and "RMT" is out of control but... It dosnt matter if "I like it" or "dont like it" both things will continue to happen and for me I can accept this because it is been a part of Archeage from the start. So go be the social justice worrior the dev's "rely on" and fix both of these injustice's! If you dedicate the same amount of effort into a new thread regarding "Castles and Inactive players that RMT the profit" which out of both of these topic is 1000% against the rules maybe the devs can "rely" on you as a trusted player to hand out some reports to get these "rumored" players in violation of the rules to get banned. At the moment the current tax system is not in violation of the rules. I have faith in you Railgun "Make the server great again!" Thanks you for all your help righting the wrongs of this game 10/10

If u got any informations about RMT going around i think u should report it.

If u got any informations about RMT going around i think u should report it.
Yea I was asking you to help me gather info since you are a trusted player by the admins and your reach far surpasses mine. I mean if you can be this determined on this thread I thought you would be a good ally. I dont want to go too far off topic because I have shared my thoughts about Taxes and inactive players so if we bother gather info we can find out who is rumored to RMT out of a few. Once I have the info we can share our findings and go to Sparkle. Thank you so much again with your help

Last edited:
Yea I was asking you to help me gather info since you are a trusted player by the admins and your reach far surpasses mine. I mean if you can be this determined on this thread I thought you would be a good ally

Why u calling me "Trusted Player" Are you implying that Admins not treat fair all of us ?

Why u calling me "Trusted Player" Are you implying that Admins not treat fair all of us ?
" Concerned Player on wich Admins rely cuz a lot of bans is served after someone report. " I assumed this statement spoke for itself? Does it not? I am not "implying" anything. Relax and dont read to much into things. Given your own words is that not a trusted player? I am confused? Send me a discord invite and we can talk in comms or face time so nothing is lost in translation Threeve#0110 8^) Also you can ask me directly any questions you have and keep it out of this thread as to not stray too far off topic

Back