[Forum Event] ArcheRage Christmas Handmade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Christmas_Handmade_ArcheRage.png

Handmade event is back but now its main themes are Christmas and Winter in ArcheRage!

Time to feel Winter Holidays and Christmas Spirit!
Crafters, makers and artists don't miss it!

You are a creative person, skilled maker or love ArcheRage and just want to try your hand at creating something ArcheRage
related for yourself and your friends with my own hands... then this event is for you!

Task & Requirements:
  • It should be your own unique handmade item Winter or Christmas in ArcheRage related. (Note: Digital arts will not be accepted, however, hand-drawn can participate.)​
  • The max number of works per the participant - 2. Even if both are worth winning, only one best will receive a winning place.​
  • Can be done in pairs but in that case reward will be split up between the pair-winner members.​
  • On the photo of your finished handmade item include a piece of paper with words "ArcheRage Christmas 2022" and your IGN(s) (both written by hand).​
  • Include 3-5 photos:​
    • 2 photos of the work on item in progress.​
    • 1-3 photos of the finished item.​
  • Important! Main photo with a finished item + words "ArcheRage Christmas 2022" and your IGN can be posted as it is. The remaining photos should be hidden under the spoiler.​

Rewards:
1st place
5000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the list at winner’s choice* + one of the custom Christmas Decor items at winner’s choice* + Winter Wonderland Phonograph* + title “Winter Charmer” **
2nd place 4000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the list at winner’s choice + one of the custom Christmas Decor items at winner’s choice* + Winter Wonderland Phonograph + title “Winter Charmer”
3rd place3000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the list at winner’s choice + Winter Wonderland Phonograph + title “Winter Charmer
4th-5th place*** – 2000 credits + SnowBro* + title “Winter Charmer

* List of the winter costumes for winners to choose from, as well as custom Christmas Decor, Winter Wonderland Phonograph and SnowBro are posted under the spoiler.
Winter Costumes:
Winter Yata Costume
Kyprosa's Winter Furs
Poinsettia Winter Festival Costume
Icekissed Winter Festival Costume
Noble's Winter Coat
Holiday Snow Cow Costume
Winter's Messenger Costume
Winter costumes.jpg

Winter Yata Costume_1.jpg
Holiday Snow Cow Costume.jpg

Custom Christmas Decor:
Christmas Hauler (decor).jpg

decor xmas gifts.png

Winter Wonderland Phonograph:
Winter Wonderland Phonograph.jpg

SnowBro:
SnowBro.jpg
** Title “Winter Charmer”: Artistry, Handicraft, Cooking, and Alchemy +5k
*** More participants may be awarded, depending on the number of the participants who qualify and efforts involved.

Last day of the event - December, 21st

I wish everyone a safe and Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year. I hope everyone celebrates traditions with friends and family nearest and dearest to them. <3

I decided to stuff my friend Key into a stocking for myself for Christmas because friends & family are the best gifts to have close during the holidays. ^_^

Finished2.jpg

Finished2.jpgFinished1.jpgProg1.jpgProg2.jpgProg3.jpgProg4.jpgProg5.jpgProg6.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone!
My two works are...
1. "For the child in me" (markers on paper)
2. "Winter - somewhere in Airain Rock" (acrylics on canvas)
work2_1.jpg

work2_2.jpg

work1_1.jpg

work1_2.jpg

Attachments

• best.jpg
    best.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 123
  • work2.jpg
    work2.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
-------------------------CONTEST--SUBMISSION---------------------------------------

THE EVIL GRINCH HAS COME TO RUIN CHRISTMAS IN ARCHE RAGE !!!!

... THERE'S ONLY ONE CREW I KNOW THAT CAN STOP HIM.

WILL OUR HEROS BE ABLE TO DO IT ?!

my discord: G A B R I E L#4533

my IGN: zapzap

PS: I deleted my previous submissions to the contest, because i decided to put a little more effort into this eheh.
Also unfortunately i only draw digital in my home, so my handmade materials where reduced to a regular pen and paper xD didn't even own a pencil to sketch it. anyways i hope this is of your liking.

Thanks and good luck to all competing ^^

Merry Christmas, & Happy Holidays.

I thought id included the A from Archerage as the tree using the Archrage icon as a template. in case it doesn't translate ^_^

Thanks, I enjoyed the time making this put me in the Christmas spirit.
Good luck to all!

20221217_032203.jpg

And Happy New Year!!

20221216_233130.jpg
20221217_003624.jpg
20221217_010931.jpg

SNOW GLOBE OR OH NO GLOBE?
IGN: Num

I was inspired by my love of our newer snowglobe decor and our annual plushie snowman spam
(side note/cheap plug- I see we have the full set of plain seasonal snowglobes, and 1 with a plushie morpheus in it. Wouldn't it be nice if we had 1 with rangora, maybe a yata and the last with a greenman, you know to complete that set too?)

inspiration.png

I started out making some modeling clay. Knowing it would take a few days to dry solidly enough to be submerged in water and not completely fall apart, I made a few different sizes and shapes to try out inside the globe, with the tree, to find the one that balanced the best.

snowman candidates.jpg

Then I wanted the base to be painted a color close to, but not exactly matching, the snowman, to make both colors pop a little better, rather than blurring together.

color test.jpg

The glitter water was a fiasco from the start. The first 2 glitters I had were too light, so they floated on top of the water rather than falling through it. I found some heavier, metallic snowflake glitter that worked better. Even after testing to make sure the liquid was thick enough to make the glitter float down, I was super nervous about filling the globe and giving it a try.

calm before the storm.jpg

The calm before the storm, taken just before filling the globe with the glitter water

Sadly, my fears were not unfounded. Despite the tests, it failed in a way I was not expecting, but luckily in a way that did not end up with having a liter of glitter water all over my floor! The glitter decided to stick to the dome of the globe. To try to get it off, I shook the globe somewhat vigorously, which caused a small leak in the seal, and the water became aerated and cloudy. To prevent the slow leak from becoming an issue, I had to let the globe rest upside down while the bubbles cleared out of the water, which of course led to the glitter sticking to the dome of the globe again. I have some video in which there is a lot of cursing, but was unable to grab any pics of the glitter floating down in which there weren't human hands or curious cat heads blocking the shot.

Untitled.png

I have since drained the water and have the bits drying out. I am off to the store today to see if I can find glitter that will behave better. If I am able to attempt another filling, I will update this post.

While it may not have worked out in the end (yet) I had a great time trying a new craft, and hopefully will have greater success next time... especially if I have more inspiration from more snowglobes in game hint hint wink wink nudge nudge.

Update: I wasn't able to make it all work in time. Who would have thought the glitter in snow globes would be so temperamental! Regardless, I felt my little creation deserved one last glamor shot. If the snowflake glitter insisted on sticking to the glass, then I was going to let it, and we can all please just pretend there is water in the globe and the snowflakes are falling, right? As a christmas present to me? Thank you!

1671699934535.png

Attachments

• just go with it.jpg
    just go with it.jpg
    792.9 KB · Views: 43
  • 1671699865663.png
    1671699865663.png
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • 1671699913521.png
    1671699913521.png
    578.4 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
IGN: Canaris

Made this holiday menace 🤩
IMG_3708.jpg

Assembled the body.
DA374632-1B6E-4679-87B6-31102081786A.jpg

Crafted and painted the other bits.
IMG_3689.jpg

He's coming together!
IMG_3692.jpg

Wanted to pose him like this, but the metal parts are heavy. Need a bendy metal wire for next time 🤓
IMG_3702.jpg

Posed him like this too so you see the thingy at the back 🗝️
IMG_3705.jpg

main photo.jpg

20221214_004708.jpg

(I tried to make a version of this little tree decor)
I made a little video so you can see the lights flashing
I almost gave up making this tree cause the branches kept falling
and at some point assembling them was a pain x.x but I did it!
Im glad I didnt give up and I liked the result ❤️
Its always fun to participate!

card.jpg
extra.jpg
process (3).jpg
process (1).jpg
process (2).jpg
20221216_174210.jpg
proces.jpg

(I wrapped the white lights with pink/purple adhesive paper but they didnt turn out as colorful as I wanted :|)

Attachments

• extra.jpg
    extra.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 45
  • card.jpg
    card.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 49
  • 20221216_174210.jpg
    20221216_174210.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 45
Winners:

1st place
- @Jhin (IGN: Jhin)
1 - Jhin_0.jpg

2nd place - @Canaris (IGN: Canaris) & @shapte (IGN: Septem)
2 - Canaris_1.jpg 2 - shapte_1.jpg

3rd place - @nemnem (IGN: Num) & @Oylfamily_Forum (IGN: Jsociety)
3 - nemnem.jpg 3 - Oylfamily_Forum.jpg

4th place - @Twix (IGN: Twix) & @Aevali (IGN: Aevali)
4 - Twix.jpg 4 - Aevali.jpg

5th place - @gabriel201015 (IGN: Zapzap)
5 - gabriel201015.jpg

The following participants will be awarded a title "Winter Charmer" and Blue Yata Lantern:
@Animosity (IGN: Animosity)
@Checks (IGN: Checks)
@Cheeseburgers (IGN: Cheeseburgers)
@Giantpanda (IGN: Giantpanda)
@rasamalai (IGN: Aravinda)

1st, 2nd and 3rd places winners, please contact me with your reward choice. PM me in Discord or in Contact Moderators on our Forum.

P.S. Rewards will be sent within 24 hours.
P.S.S. Great job, all of you added some mood to this Christmas. Hope you and your families have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back