[Forum Event] ArcheRage Comics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
main.png

ArcheRage collected many stories during its existence. Each of you for sure has an ArcheRage story to share and this event will give you such a chance.
You will need to turn into a creator of Comics, Manga or Manhwa and create your own small graphic novel or screenshots comics.

Event has 2 categories:
  1. Graphic Novel.​
  2. Screenshots Comics.​
Player can provide no more than 1 work in each category!​

Requirements:
  • Comics should include the author name + the word "ArcheRage" (you can write your IGN and "ArcheRage" on any of your comics pages).​
  • Comics should have a title. You can also add a comment at your choice.​
  • Comics must include at least 6 images.​
  • It should be your own unique work.​

Reward:

Graphic Novel category:
1st place - 4000 credits + Kindled Spirit (wrapped) or Desserted Cottage Design (winner's choice)​
2nd place - 3000 credits + Rousing Rabbit Pajama
3rd place - 2000 credits + Solar Scarecrow Plushie

Screenshots Comics category:
1st place - 3000 credits + Moloch (wrapped) or Amethyst Solarium Design (winner's choice)​
2nd place - 2000 credits + Tahyang's Windswept Leathers
3rd place - 1000 credits + Stellar Scarecrow Plushie

* Additional places may be assigned in case of a big number of submissions.

Last day of the event - August, 10th

Alrighty so what I decided to do was less of a comic strip and more of a panel displaying Several guilds personified as characters. Due to time issues with my newly busy rl I wasn't able to do more than this. So look to the future for possible color. Lets see if you can guess what character represents which guild. I even made it easier for you by narrowing down the panels to the nations they are in. This piece is still far from complete but I didn't want to disappoint and turn down showing you guys what I was able to come up with.
Warning this image is HUGE. Hiding it under a spoiler for that vary reason.
Comic Strip BW.png

Last edited:
In the screenshots comics category, can I apply movement / magic effects to help the narrative?
No. Will not be an actual comics then. You can use extra words or symbols that would explain the effect you wanted to display, like "Boom!", "Bang", Shhh", etc.

No. Will not be an actual comics then. You can use extra words or symbols that would explain the effect you wanted to display, like "Boom!", "Bang", Shhh", etc.

Sorry, I didn't explain myself well. I was referring to these types of effects:
1595507427115.png

Reserved maybe? (nvm don't have much time for it or the idea ! good luck to everyone)

Last edited:
@Poethagris @Dorothy simply amazing artwork! Both are hilarious! I wish I had that kind of talent. I am making a "screenshot" comic because I can't draw that well. Great work to the both of you 10/10

@Poethagris @Dorothy simply amazing artwork! Both are hilarious! I wish I had that kind of talent. I am making a "screenshot" comic because I can't draw that well. Great work to the both of you 10/10
I look forward to seeing your work! And keep up the great work!
Just make sure you submit yours soon, as the deadline is upon us!

We are waiting for 1 more player to post his comics. He prepared it in time but as had some technical issues with forum account, couldn't post it in the event thread and due to it had to send it to me directly. As soon as player's forum account issue is resolved, he'll post his comics here.​
No more further entries are approved except of the one mentioned, so don't add your arts, they will not be accepted anymore!

Winners:

Graphic Novel:
1st place - @Dorothy (IGN: Dorkothy)
2nd place - @Dirt (IGN: Dirt)
3rd place - @Poethagris (IGN: Poethagris)

Screenshots Comics:
1st place - @Lalisa (IGN: Chiaki)
2nd place - @Aviendha (IGN: Aviendha)
3rd place - @voidzero (IGN: Tristram) & @Giantpanda (IGN: Giantpanda)

@Dorothy and @Lalisa let me know about your reward choice. You can contact me on forums in contact moderators or pm me in discord.

P.S. All the participants comics are fantastic! Glad we had a chance to organize an event that would show others how talented you are. Hope other ArcheRagers liked your comics as much as we did! And just a small reminder, don't forget to pay attention to the event requirements, as some of you forgot about part of them and due to it had to lose some points. We'll be glad to see everyone at our next forum event ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back