What's new

[Forum Event] Christmas Handmade ArcheRage!

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
main.jpg

Handmade event is back but now its main themes are Christmas and Winter in ArcheRage.

Crafters, makers and artists don't miss it!
You are a creative person, skilled maker or love ArcheRage and just want to try your hand at creating something ArcheRage related for yourself and your friends with my own hands... then this event is for you!

Task, requirements and conditions:
  • It should be your own unique handmade item Winter or Christmas in ArcheRage related. (Note: Digital arts will not be accepted, however, hand-drawn can participate.)
  • The max number of works per the participant - 2. Even if both are worth winning, only one best will receive a winning place.
  • Can be done in pairs but in that case reward will be split up between the pair-winner members.
  • On the photo of your finished handmade item include a piece of paper with words "ArcheRage Christmas 2019" and your IGN(s) (both written by hand).
  • Include 3-5 photos:
    • 2 photos of the work on item in progress.
    • 1-3 photos of the finished item.
  • Important! Main photo with a finished item + words "ArcheRage Christmas 2019" and your IGN can be posted as it is. The remaining photos should be hidden under the spoiler.
If you have any questions, check our previous Handmade event works in THIS thread. But don't forget, rules are a bit different this time and judging will be more strict!

Rewards:
1st place
5000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the list at winner’s choice* + one of the Christmas Weapon skins at winner’s choice* + Winter Wonderland Phonograph* + title “Arctic Artisan” **
2nd place 4000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the list at winner’s choice + one of the Christmas Weapon skins at winner’s choice + Winter Wonderland Phonograph + title “Arctic Artisan”
3rd place3000 credits + one of the winter costumes from the list at winner’s choice + Winter Wonderland Phonograph + title “Arctic Artisan”
4th-5th place*** – 2000 credits + Winter Wonderland Phonograph + title “Arctic Artisan”

* List of the winter costumes and Christmas Weapon skins for winner choice, as well as picture of the Winter Wonderland Phonograph is posted under the spoiler.
Winter Costumes:
Winter's Messenger Costume
Winter Yata Costume: Combat
Kyprosa's Winter Furs
Poinsettia Winter Festival Costume
Icekissed Winter Festival Costume
Noble's Winter Coat
Winter costumes.jpg Winter Yata Costume_1.jpg

Christmas Weapon skins:
Candy Canetana (Katana)
Candy Cleaver (Nodachi)
Gingerbread Buckler (Shield)
Great Minty Mincer (Greatsword)
Lollipop Longstaff (Staff)
Neverending Gobsmacker (Greatclub)
Rudolph's Redoubt (Shield)
Sugarplum Shank (Dagger)
Sweet Flavor Saber (Sword)
Tinsel Tabar (Greataxe)
Tree-Topper Chipper (Axe)
Twistpop Impaler (Short Spear)
Whirlypop Wand (Scepter)
Winter Wonderlance (Longspear)
Yuletide Basher (Club)

Winter Wonderland Phonograph:
Winter Wonderland Phonograph.jpg
** Title “Arctic Artisan”: Artistry, Handicraft, Cooking, and Alchemy +5k
*** More participants may be awarded, depending on the number of the participants who qualify and efforts involved.

Last day of the event - December, 22nd

IGN: Kittydoom. Or west people know me as Babyfriedfajitas!

I made my take on the Santa Cupcake in game. I typically have one of those on a table and surrounded by my plushies so it looks like they are having a nice meal!

Cake finished.jpg

Cake batter.jpg
Cake 1.jpg
cake 2.jpg
Cake 3.jpg

Merry Christmas 2019 Archerage! and Archerage family!!!!!!

Last edited:
IGN: Choi

I made a jacket based on the female Icekissed costume but with Fae Yata ears. It was over a week working on it a few hours at a time because it's a lot of tedious pinning, sewing, overlocking, clipping, etc etc.

Merry Choimas ya'll :D

LeGVSik.jpg

uwu daddies
hdFr5Pq.jpg

l4TEyR6.jpg

stuOtaF.jpg

First straight stitch on the sleeves and panels for the preliminary seams.
9HhJsIv.jpg

Overlocking all the main jacket panels after I straight stitched to clean up the seams and reinforce them since this is a casual hoodie without a lining so they won't be ugly to see the inside of.
0yNDM8f.jpg

Contrasting pink yata ears in progress (Fae Yata are my favorite and this sherpa came in only cream or pink, so it was my only option for contrast) I have to clamp or pin everything meticulously. It's a nightmare with fabrics like this that are bulky and are prone to shifting while sewing.
xC1hjRq.jpg

Ears done, testing the fold before attaching to hood.
b8UU6us.jpg

Hood done, attaching a cute gold trim above the while sherpa that is around the hood, cuffs, and hem to give it a little pop of gold.
pfyYUaQ.jpg

Last edited:
IGN: GENDGI

I am a bit sad, because Digital arts (REAL digital arts, not some edited screenshot) should be accepted, I have a wacom digital table to avoid having 2000 color pencils and paper, but here goes...
78344319_533666724030943_46500601596477440_n.jpg

s8YcKO3.jpg
KOGK57s.jpg
wDI81Q1.jpg

Last edited:
IGN: GENDGI

I am a bit sad, because Digital arts (REAL digital arts, not some edited screenshot) should be accepted, I have a wacom digital table to avoid having 2000 color pencils and paper, but here goes... View attachment 9614

s8YcKO3.jpg
KOGK57s.jpg
wDI81Q1.jpg
Digital arts will be a part of another Christmas forum event that will start later.
This one is for real life handmade and though previous participants chose hand-drawn arts, that's not the only type of activity you can present in this event. You can do anything you want here - craft, cook, etc.

Incorrect, I'm making a doll. ._. Which is why I haven't posted it yet, it takes a while. @-@;;

EDIT: I figured I should put some in progress shots as well. ( ^_^ )
Ah, nice, felting a yata! And I hear ya on taking a while, I'm working with fleece and sherpa and I have to spend hours pinning and clipping in between stitches, and I'm overlocking the seams and hems so it's a really sturdy piece not just something throw away for the contest only. I'm a huge perfectionist.

Ah, nice, felting a yata! And I hear ya on taking a while, I'm working with fleece and sherpa and I have to spend hours pinning and clipping in between stitches, and I'm overlocking the seams and hems so it's a really sturdy piece not just something throw away for the contest only. I'm a huge perfectionist.

I am! I'm trying to make it with an armature, which I've only attempted on a couple of occasions with mixed results. >_< But I think it's turning out well. :D

I'm very impressed with sewing since I'm so terrible at it. @-@ I can understand the perfectionist-ness of making anything. You make it so you're happy, everyone else is just bonus. :)

Back