[Forum Event] Easter Storyteller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Easter.png

Tell us your favorite story that happened to you on Easter.
Time to share your Easter stories!

Story should:
  • Have a title.
  • Be within a limit of 1500-2500 characters.
  • Be connected with you and Easter. Can be a story from real life or from the game.
  • Include 1 screenshot from the game that would suit your story topic and Easter mood.
And make sure to include your IGN, so we would know whom to reward!

Story should NOT:
  • Be insulting.
  • Include any profanity.
  • Include any private information of other players (exception is possible, if player gave their permission).

There will be 3 types of rewards:
  1. We will reward 3 best (from our point of view) stories with top rewards. We will pay attention to the plot, to the screenshot included and how it fits the story and also the general design. Make it readable and not boring!
  2. With a help of Randomizer we’ll choose 3 participants* who met all the event requirements. They will also be rewarded.
  3. All event participants will be rewarded with a title “Easter Storyteller”.

Rewards:

1st place
3000 credits + Rousing Rabbit Pajama or Umbrella Magithopter (wrapped)
Rousing Rabbit Pajama.jpg
Umbrella Magithopter.gif
2nd place2000 credits + Lavender Light Costume
Lavender Light.jpg
3rd place1500 credits + Harvest Rabbit Lamp
Harvest Rabbit Lamp.jpg

3 random winners*500 credits + Harvest Rabbit Floor Lamp
Harvest Rabbit Floor Lamp.jpg
* if we have more than 7 participants

All participants – title “Easter Storyteller” (no stats)

Last day of the event – April, 7th

Easter Memories

Around this time last year I had just moved into my own cozy place. Finally I had the time to get used to being on my own, after life had some unpleasant surprises for me. It was time to focus on the good things again, and create happy moments. Meanwhile, ArcheRage launched the first edition of the Easter event in Mirage, which turned out to something fun to put my focus on when not fixing up my apartment. It was sure to be great! Or so I thought... Alas, my internet turned out to be utterly disappointing.

The main challenge was to enter mirage. More often than not I would disconnect before making it there. It either happened right after loading the game, or while in the loading screen to mirage. Then once I did manage to get into Mirage, the next challenge was walking towards the event area. I must say it was terribly frustrating and a little amusing to see the NPCs with their quest tags and then get the popup that the Gods did not agree with what I was doing... "I was almost there!!" was a phrase I uttered more often than not, which amused my in-game family to no end.

How demotivating my internet was didn't matter anymore once I saw the possible rewards though: live bunny figurines! In my opinion they are definitely one of the most adorable furniture items in the game, and I was stubborn enough to decide I wanted to get enough event tokens for all of them. So no matter how often I disconnected before, during, and after finishing the event quests, I started the game again, over and over, because I could not give up on the cute bunnies.

The one thing I remember was kinda nifty in a way, is that whenever I got thrown out of the game in a risky spot, it wouldn't matter because I'd load back in the game safely outside the mirage portal... One of suck risky situations would be gliding towards one of the event balloons that I might hit and then fall down to die. I must admit that did happen at least once, but that was due to my own mistakes, not my bad internet.

In the end, my in-game family member and irl friend took pity on me, and she transferred me my last bunny by selling me a cottage with the bunny placed inside. You can see me reading to her and the four bunnies in the screenshot below, though the grey bunny is hiding, I think he's a little shy. Anyway, I am forever grateful for her kind gesture, and even though she quit the game now, the bunnies do serve as a fond memory of what mischief we used to get up to together.❤

1616441557061.png

IGN: Aviendha
Characters: 2461

IGN: Phoenixaureal
Character count: 2500
-----

The Great Egg Hunt

She dreamed of beautiful things. Ornamental eggs adorned with jewels and colours. Each containing a special treat... the tenderest meat cuts and sugared cherries. However, as she awoke, she felt sad.

The Gryphon, Ember, stretched her claws and looked from her nest to her master. He was pale, still sleeping restlessly, his fever not yet broken. He had been sick for many days. They had a tradition, ever since he rescued her as an unhatched baby, every year he would hide beautiful eggs all around their home and she would hunt them. When she found one, she would claim the prize inside.

But as she watched him suffer, she knew there would be no egg hunt this year. If only he could feel that same joy. She had an idea. What if she were to search the world for precious eggs? She could bring one back to him and cheer him up! She dragged some food and a pale of water to his bedside, and sang to him a farewell chirp, before running from their home and taking off into the snowy sky.

The outside world was not a kind place, and she braved many dangers in her search. No eggs, wild monsters ruled both ground and air, even humans attacked her, she couldn't stop moving. Ember grew weak and cold. Seeking refuge in a cave, suddenly the most wonderful scent laced the air. She had never smelled anything like it. Neither predator nor prey, but a scent of pure beauty. Perhaps it was the most glorious of eggs?

She tracked the scent through the darkness of the cave, eventually finding a tunnel littered with rotten bones and rusted swords. A low growl crawled from a dark corner. It was a Gryphon, like her! She had thought herself the last. He was scarred, fearful, but she purred kindly. The scarred one sensed her needs and they embraced. He kept her warm as she slept soundly wrapped up in his feathers. She dreamed of beautiful things.

When she awoke, the scarred one had left his nest. She smelled that humans had come hunting him, he must have led them away. But she couldn't go after him. She felt a new instinct, a need to return to the safety of her own nest.

Several days later, her master finally awoke, his fever broken, only to find a large, sparkling blue and red egg in his hands. It radiated with warmth and mystic power. A Gryphon egg! He turned to see Ember watching him eagerly, and smiled.

“I guess you gave me the surprise this year, eh girl?” She rubbed her head to his and purred as he admired the precious egg and returned it to her nest for hatching. “Happy Easter.”
ScreenShot0392.jpg

Last edited:
DEDICATION TO MY DEAREST DAUGHTER

This story will be sad to some people , but to me it is very heart felt ....

13 years ago I had 2 small children ,at the time my daughter was 7 and my son was 4, they both loved Easter time which made it a fun time for the family, it became a tradition that we visit the zoo every Easter ,
My son loved the monkeys and the elephants where my daughter found them to be boring and stinky, her favorite was the Panda bears , she could spend all day watching them from afar, it was her dream to grow up and raise panda bears .
She had panda pictures on her wall, panda bedding , panda curtains... everything was pandas.
she made the remark more then once that her first child was going to be named Panda Lee or Panda Levi ( yeah lol I know)

Easter came around and as we always did, we packed up and went to the zoo , and to our disappointment the Pandas were not being viewed that year because the Momma panda was soon to have her baby, the first one that was ever birthed in this particular zoo, Jamie was so disappointed and cried all the way home, one of the zoo keepers tried to cheer her up by telling her the next time we come to the zoo We could see the mommy and daddy with the baby panda, that put a smile on her face but you could tell she was unhappy.

At the end of that year Jamie was hit by a car and put on life support for 3 days, but she did not survive,

On Easter I do not think of bunnies and easter baskets with chocolates and jelly beans like some parents do.
I think Of Pandas and how much joy they gave my daughter during her life .

with that being said I would Like to thank Archerage and whoever is responsible for giving me the best Easter I have had in many years.

IGN: Dawnstalker

Attachments

• ScreenShot0066.jpg
    ScreenShot0066.jpg
    883.4 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
IGN: Mewo
Characters: 1564 (without spaces), about 2000 with.

This one Easter Sunday

The sun rises and shines on a newly bought house. It is quiet, nothing to be heard, not even a mouse. My eyes open slowly as I realize it is time. The time in which candy and gifts become mine. As I throw off the covers and run to my door, I notice some grass, left on the floor. I swing it wide as my excitement fills, surely in addition I will receive some bills. ” My parents hard work done the night before?”, “how did they do this without interrupting my snore?” Impossible I think, it was honestly kind of funny. To even have doubts… “No way they could have done this! IT WAS THE EASTER BUNNY!”

I follow the path, to the backyard it leads. A note I notice tangled within some weeds. “You have been great, so I have left some goodies. However, they require a search, so dont be a rookie” The thrill of potential overflows, “I must find these goodies!” before I blow. What can I find, what can I get! Definitely some kit-kats, im willing to bet. I run around, inside and out. I spot lots of colors, of plastic no doubt. I gather them up in a basket I found. One by one each makes me proud. Some are easy, some are hard. Unlike last year, this bunny raised the bar. In a tree? In a pool? “Holy cow, this almost seems cruel. But that doesn’t matter, I must acquire them all. I will not give up, for I never fall. I can swim too, so its no bother. I’m getting these eggs, it couldn’t possibly get harder!"

An hour passes and I’m sure I have won. At least 15 eggs, that sure was fun. Now here comes the part where I couldn’t sit still. “I must open these eggs to see how they are filled!” Pour them on the carpet and begin to unbound. The contents fall out, it was almost profound. “I was right it IS candy and money!” I really love Easter, especially the Easter Bunny!

This is the story of the time my mind began to think. “What is the easter bunny? Should I see a shrink?”. Proved me wrong, that bunny surely did. I will never forget that day as a kid.
Screenshot_1.png

Last edited:
Story: An Easter Without Eggs

Back then when I was a little girl, I remember that Easter community events were more joyous than now.

We knew the rules, your basket and your intuition were the tools to find each of the colors of the eggs, 10 in total.
My parents took me from early to be one of the first to compete, it was for rounds.
They gave you 30min to run and collect what you could, and return with your basket.

When everyone was ready, a cry of "No Eggs?"

All attentive, we turn around, and it turns out that the person who brought the Eggs of the event, could not find them in her car.
And the organizers needed to start hiding them now, before many people arrived and it was no longer a mystery where they were placed.
All concerned, they wondered and searched all the cars, where are the Easter Eggs.

Well, it turns out that some children had seen a box, striking and had taken them to the back of some benches in the park, to play and throw them away.
They were a couple of children with a lot of energy and with too much emotion hahaha.
Finally they found the box, and the other box was still in the house of the person in charge.

It was possible to start the event, with a little less than the Eggs that were had.
But in the end it turned out well.

I did not win first place but they did give each participating child a Rabbit Doll.
(The event rabbits remind me of that Doll.)
And an Ice Cream.

Easter season ♥
IGN: Lena
ScreenShot0188.jpg

I really like rabbits
As a Chinese player, I really want to respect Easter, but I don't know about it, even though I checked a lot of information about Easter.
I know Easter is a super important festival in the west, even more than Christmas,But I really want to get the title “Easter Storyteller”:confused:
If I make a mistake, please let me know and I will correct this article.;)

Easter reminds me of a little rabbit I raised a few years ago. He is very cute, just like archerage rabbit.I still keep the photos
1.jpg

Every time I see these rabbits in archerage, I think of them. They're just as cute.
But then it left me, and it returned to a planet full of alfalfa and carrots.
One afternoon I took it to the park, and it attracted a lot of people to watch.It's like walking a dog. I put a leash on him。My rabbit is very brave, not afraid of strangers.It enjoys the touch of others, including children.(Although I don't like children)haha
He was very tired playing outside that day. When he got home, he lay on the ground to rest in a lazy way.This posture only appears when you feel very safe.;);)
When he had enough rest, he came back to me and asked me to prepare food for him.He is really a clever rabbit.

My backpack is always not enough,But I always put some rabbits in my backpack. So that they can be summoned at any time。

QQ图片20210408014842.png

I have a lot of rabbits,:D
(That's my story about rabbits. I don't know if it fits the theme.)haha
IGN:Giantpanda

A VERY HOPPY EASTER STORY
as it totally 100% honestly happened to Num

This happened just last Tuesday and
I wouldn't lie to you.
Don’t interrupt or scoff or laugh
I swear it’s really true!

A tall, proud dwarf approached my farm
And handed me a scroll.
He said "Excuse me miss, but would
You help me reach my goal?"

I looked upon his list with my
Confusion on my face.
"I have all these ingredients.
Please step inside my place."

As I dug through my storage chest
He told me of his dear
And how an Easter Basket would
Be filled for her this year.

"First Nazar's Crown will top her head
So all the world can see
That not just I should bow to her
As regal royalty.”

“Alembics will be used to fuse
A gift fit for my queen.
Just smush some Beans into the comb
For Royal Jelly Beans!”

“The sack of Kraken Eyes will be
Shaped with this Blossom Blade
Add Gilda Dust and yellow Dye
And that's how Peeps® are made!”

“Now help me use these cobs of Corn
To hide my bad hair fail,
And put this Cotton boll just right
Voila! My ears and tail!"

He slipped a Gemfast Circlet 'round
His corn ears, which looked funny,
And thus he crowned himself to be
Theo, King Easter Punny!

He plunked a small bag in my hand
And said "There's more than gold
Inside Ancestral Coin Purses
Just like the one you hold."

He thanked me for my kindnesses
And hopped back down the street
I said "There goes the strangest dwarf
I ever hope to meet!"

I opened up the coin purse he
Had given me in trade
And with a gasp, I hid my face
Admittedly afraid

Because inside, just as he said,
There was much more than moneys-
A Diamond Sparkle Topper Hat
And six sweet, fluffy bunnies.

And so my friends if Theo comes
To your house, farm or mansion.
Be prepared to buy some certs for
Family Expansion!

ScreenShot0012.jpg

The Egg Hunt!!
By Kialda

The night before Easter we would paint eggs and we would always what want to make the darkest or one with two colors. Easter morning we would run and see what the Easter bunny would leave for us. We would dig threw our basket to sort our the candy and start trading out what we liked. My younger brother and I were 4 and 5 and ready to run out into a field on the church grounds to finds eggs and candy. We ran out at the “Go” along with kids of various ages — finding eggs all over. egg hunts were so fun . We would later go to our grandparents and have a wonderful Easter dinner and another egg hunt! There was always one egg we couldn't find and joke that it would be found in a few weeks when we plant the new flowers in the spring. At the end of the day we would count all the eggs we had found that day and clean all the Easter grass up ( that stuff gets everywhere !) It is as bad as tinsel for the Christmas tree. All afternoon we would talk about what we did that day and how we couldn't wait for next Easter! One year I got my grandmother a Easter basket when she saw it she just started crying . She told me that she had never got a Easter basket ever. I was just a little wooden basket with some pretty shells a few pieces of candy and a stuffed bunny. She sat and told me stories from when she was a child and how they didn't have very much, and how she would only get like one thing and how grateful she was to get that. Now as a mom I go out and find the best candies and look for the egg hunts so the kids can have the most fun! So be grateful for what you do have.
ScreenShot0057.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back