What's new

[Forum Event] Egg Hunter (handmade contest)

Sparkle

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
main.png

When you hear the word Easter, what is the first thing that comes to your mind? Celebration, Family meals, Easter bunny, Easter egg decoration.
Painting Easter eggs is fun and easy to do and this event will be about it!
Task and Requirements:
  • Decorate 3-10 eggs. It should be your own unique handmade work.​
  • Material for eggs can be: real eggs, handmade eggs of the bigger size.​
  • Eggs should be ArcheRage themed.​
  • 3-5 photos: 1-3 photos of the finished eggs; 2 photos of the work on item in progress.​
  • Important! Main photo with the finished eggs + words "ArcheRage Easter 2020" and your IGN can be posted as it is. The remaining photos should be hidden under the spoiler.​
Rewards:
1st place4000 credits + title "Easter Bunny" (no stats) + Rousing Rabbit Pajama or Wrapped Coral Crate (winner's choice)​
Rousing Rabbit Pajama.jpg
Coral.jpg
2nd place 3500 credits + title "Easter Bunny" (no stats) + Fae Yata Costume or Wrapped Coral Crate (winner's choice)​
Fae Yata Costume.jpg
Coral.jpg
3rd place3000 credits + title "Easter Bunny" (no stats) + Harvest Rabbit Lamp
Harvest Rabbit Lamp.jpg
4th-5th place1000 credits + title "Easter Bunny" (no stats)​
All event participants reward:
Title “Egg Hunter” - Increase Handicraft +3000; Movement speed +5%; Drop rate +5%; PvE damage +1%.​

Last day of the event - April, 12th

Happy bunny and egg day, ArcheRage!

After 3 days of paint, stenciling, making the files for my paper cutter, and MANY MANY MANY mess-up eggs and acrylic paint and paper everywhere, I finished my four! Thank you for the fun craft event!

Rousing Rabbit, Hello Kitty, Fae Yata, and a purple ArcheRage dragon egg!

8Nfug9S.jpg

Bought a 6 pack of glitter eggs because I knew when I paint over them, it will give a texture like a real eggshell. These were slightly bigger than a regular egg, and I have 7 cats so I couldn't risk messing with real ones.
Flbz6pK.jpg

Planning the yata egg ear size before painting. Ears made out of craft foam.
lGRhAYr.jpg

Painted all the eggs in acrylic (I messed up on two eggs at this point due to some bad paints I used, but as of this pic I had 3 that worked) and started the Rousing Rabbit egg with modgepodge and the carrot 'confetti' I made with my cutter.
6fZ16L8.jpg

Fae yata egg coming together. I used a cutter to cut the design out of glitter vinyl I made based on the patterns on the yata tails/yata mascot sleeves.
sIHGiya.jpg

I wanted to reference the monogram print on the male Hello Kitty cafe server costume (I have both colors on Choi!) and I made my own monogram print, with rhinestones on the bows and foam ears!
Es1P2tK.jpg

Doing a pour method to mimic the dragon eggs we have at the festival, but in a purple color scheme since I already had a red themed egg. I put globs of unmixed paint in many colors and literally blew on it to make it smear and ripple around the egg. I completed it with a blue Archeage A letter.
Y1vp2S0.jpg

Last edited:
what exactly is handmade eggs of the bigger size ?
Bigger size is just bigger than the real egg. You can just use real eggs for it or make an egg from any material - paper, wood, etc but in the shape of egg if you want it to be bigger than regular egg.

Bigger size is just bigger than the real egg. You can just use real eggs for it or make an egg from any material - paper, wood, etc but in the shape of egg if you want it to be bigger than regular egg.

Does it all have to be 3D? x)

Winners:
1st place
- @Zanna – IGN: Zanna
2nd place - @RogueChoi – IGN: Choi
3rd place - @Elysea – IGN: Elysea
4th place - @Astarya – IGN: Astarya
5th place - @Reien - IGN: Reien

@Zanna and @RogueChoi inform me about your choice.

All participants did an excellent job and will be rewarded with a title "Egg Hunter" even if they didn't take the winning place.
Rewards will be sent within 24 hours.

Back