What's new

Idea for Land and Taxes (perma inactive players)

Hektor

we got a lot of unused lands on the server. most of the important and very rare spots r taken away, and none of u ever saw any of the land keepers online. in general there is nothing to say against an inactive player, who maybe comes back inactive in a few month. but iam talking about those who r inactive for over half a year. and iam pretty sure all of u know a few nice spots, where u just wanna see it back in a hand of an active player.

i know thats a very common discussion. but i have an idea:
lets have the taxes not 7d, and instead 6d12h. that would break a weekly routine by 12h. perma inactive ppl have to login 12h earlier each week. for example: an perma inactive player login once a week. lets say every monday on 18pm. whit this new mechanic he need to login next week on monday 6am or better the previous sunday evening to be save. the tax system would become dynamic this way. and for a perma inactive player it becomes more and more diffecult to hold the land, if he dont becomes an more active player and login more than once a week. that would be more fair to the active player base.

ofc this less 12h need to be compensated in a proportionally less taxes fee.

Land being held by inactive players is a problem on the server for sure, it always has been. There have been countless suggestions as to how we should approach the issue...

This change probably wouldn't matter as many times these types of inactive players log in intermittently, spend a bunch of labor on certs, pay the tax, and logout. That being said I'm all for freeing up land for active players to use, maybe this could be a drop in the bucket of the issue, better than nothing I guess.

I'm one of those 'inactive' players you speak of. I login once a week to pay my taxes. The reason I do this is because I fully intend to come back to the game. I'm just waiting for patch 6.0 to drop. I'd be willing to bet that quite a few 'inactive' players are doing the same. If we never intended to play again, then we wouldn't bother to pay taxes and keep our land :)

Back