What's new

[Forum Event] Lands Expert: New Adventure

Thanks for this event. It was really fun to find the places :) Would be great to have something like that again.

One small thing however.. maybe you could hide the location ( this line: "Location: Whitecap Beach, Halcyona" ) in the posts untill the time is over, so the places really have to be found
I agree. If everyone has an equal chance to win due to the auto generator, then imo, everyone should put in the equal effort to find the location without it being listed until the end or something like that.

Guys, did you like the event? Would you like us to run such one again from time to time?
yea, it was fun, have more such events.

[1] But I also agree with Freaky's suggestion. Maybe every participant could dm the location to Sparkle on discord right after posting their scshot here.
One small thing however.. maybe you could hide the location ( this line: "Location: Whitecap Beach, Halcyona" ) in the posts untill the time is over, so the places really have to be found

[2] Also if I had to add my own suggestion, we could have another 2 types of locations to find out:
  • Indoor locations:
    • That don't give out regional hints of it's whereabouts. And if point [1] is also implemented then it'd be challenging to find it out, its highly unlikely for a player to know about every other indoor location.
    • For ex. (scshot 944 & 982)
  • Difficult to reach locations:
    • Those where you can figure out where it might be but it takes a bit of an effort to get a scshot with the same angle.
    • For ex. (scshot 984 & 985)
Most importantly, I think it'd be even more fun to be unable to find out a location until the end of the day and have reactions like "damn, I was so close!" or "I had no idea such a place existed". I'd love to search for a location I haven't discovered yet.

Attachments

• ScreenShot0944.jpg
    ScreenShot0944.jpg
    474.7 KB · Views: 288
  • ScreenShot0982.jpg
    ScreenShot0982.jpg
    434.7 KB · Views: 301
  • ScreenShot0984.jpg
    ScreenShot0984.jpg
    744.5 KB · Views: 308
  • ScreenShot0985.jpg
    ScreenShot0985.jpg
    631.2 KB · Views: 304
@Persia Yes. But we'll have it again in some time.

@Freaky @Roxiee @Trixstir @Necrote Thank you all for the feedbacks. It will not be possible to hide part of the post, so we may just change the rules of the event next time, for the participants to include their IGN and screenshot only with no location mentioned, when we run it next time. We'll see what we get.
@Necrote will use your suggestion on the locations next time as well ;)

Back