What's new

Frequent crashes

windygamer

I'm seeing frequent client crashes. No message, just client exit.
Seems to happen most often riding a mount into a new zone. Recently trying to ride into Austera. Actually I just logged back in and saw the character standing there inside the city of Austera. Did nothing but bring up the map to see where I was and crash. Client disappeared. Again, no message.

I'm running Win 10 fully updated with RTX 2060 with latest drivers.
Client has been stable for several days, and for a few hours this morning - a couple of crashes yesterday, but now this afternoon, basically as of about 13:30PDT, game is unplayable.
Guess I'll try again a little while later.

So, do you folks have a crash reporter built into the client, so when it crashes with an exception it reports the PC, Stack, registers, etc so you can diagnose the problems? If not, and I'm guessing not since I see nothing when it goes out, I suggest you find and add one to the client.

This behavior seems unusual since up to this point, over many hours of play, the client has been very stable for me.

Thanks,
w

Odd. I was able to play another character in another area, and after an hour or so, back to the first character and things appeared fine.

Back