What's new

Fresh Start with version 2.9? A.K.A Classic Archeage A.K.A The Glory Days

Partybear

Now I am probably not the only one that did not think about this but is there any way you guys were thinking about doing another server and having it cut off around 2.9/3.0?

AA after 3.5 imo felt dead and trion tried to change a lot of things that did not need to be changed. I would type out every thought about 3.5 that I dislike but I really do not feel like typing a paragraph on the matter.

I was just curious if there was any thought on the AR teams end on doing a new fresh start with version 2.9 to bring old players back? I know a lot of the old players I use to play with quit after 3.5 launched due to the ancestral skills because they were so horrible and unbalanced and all the other bullshit 3.5 brought with it... The new dungeon 3.5 brought was sick, I enjoyed mistsong very much but that was the only new thing that tickled my pickle.

I guess this is me begging to get a fresh start with version 2.9, like the good ol nostalgia days.

Take it as an idea from runescape, they went to Runescape 3 and half of their player base wanted the good ol days with old school runescape, so maybe you can label the server Classic Server? So you have your up to date 7.0 server then you have your classic server that has its own database and players that play on 2.9/3.0 I think it would bring in a lot of new people and of course lead to more profits of course ;)

Doubt this will go anywhere but its worth a shot :)

P.S Also no P2W k thx

Thanks for your time <3

-An addicted Archeage player that wont rest until old AA comes back

There will not be another server and neither will we be reverting to any previous patch.
We do not do Fresh starts either and maintain 2 Legacy servers (Na and Ru) which have been running 5 and a half years.

There will not be another server and neither will we be reverting to any previous patch.
We do not do Fresh starts either and maintain 2 Legacy servers (Na and Ru) which have been running 5 and a half years.
Well that's sad but understandable, thank you for the reply.

If you haven't played here, maybe try the server out, as a lot of legacy and custom changes make playing here pretty fun

If you haven't played here, maybe try the server out, as a lot of legacy and custom changes make playing here pretty fun
I played back when they first launched the server over in RU and NA back in 2.9. My interests in 3.5 and further are not there anymore, I tried playing 3.5 for a while before I hard quit on legacy servers, then I tried AAU and that shit was ass. Just was hoping to have AR host a 2.9 server since they have the source files and are the only ones capable of doing so.

I have a bunch of people hoping and praying a 2.9/3.0 glory day server launches but I guess im going to put AA to rest until AA2 drops and hope its not ass lol, or wait for AOC KEKW

Thanks for the recommendation though, appreciate it

I tried AAU and that shit was ass.

Most will agree on that dw, but a legacy 7.0 private server can't really be compared to that or to 3.5 legacy. Triple already mentioned the custom changes, maybe you should look at forum threads regarding that before making your decision about whether or not to try it. Don't led AAU or 3.5 hold you back :x

Most will agree on that dw, but a legacy 7.0 private server can't really be compared to that or to 3.5 legacy. Triple already mentioned the custom changes, maybe you should look at forum threads regarding that before making your decision about whether or not to try it. Don't led AAU or 3.5 hold you back :x
I feel like I am being swayed to join the dark side XD, I might take a look into it. I guess I am just still holding onto memories of the old days with my mates. Just have not accepted going forward just yet :3

I feel like I am being swayed to join the dark side XD, I might take a look into it. I guess I am just still holding onto memories of the old days with my mates. Just have not accepted going forward just yet :3
I'm completely new to all these patches post 3.0 so I get that, but really. Its been fun lately, and the pop has stayed consistent..

I'm completely new to all these patches post 3.0 so I get that, but really. Its been fun lately, and the pop has stayed consistent..
Yeah that sounds good its just not the old day which is what I was looking for because it was Prime archeage, servers were bumping, carebears were carebearing haha was a blast, being a pirate was the prime spot for pvp :p

Back