What's new

Freshwater Fishing Questions

Lareesha

Hello, I was wondering if I can find out how the freshwater fishing works. Is it the same as sport fishing you can turn the pack in for gold? If you can where exactly do you turn them in? I know I tried it once a while ago and was only allowed to trade fish in for a picture. Tried searching this in forums already but couldn't find the exact answers.

Thanks

it works the same way as the ocean sport fishing with only a few differences:
  • u buy chum from the general merchant.
fishingchum.PNG

• the fish prices are quite lower, than the ocean ones, but u can make trophy pictures of them.
  • u can also do the family sport fishing, but that requires family members to be with you and clicking same skills as you while trying to pull out the fish and u need to use a different chum([rainbow chum], but thats ONLY for family fishing), also its impossible to catch anything alone if u rainbow chummed the school of fish, u need family for this, if u're solo fresh water fishing, use the normal chum, which i mentioned in the first point.
  • only a few lakes, where u can actually fish, and sometimes they school of fish arent even there, cause they despawn after not being used or used... if u're EAST that would be arcum iris(sancti oasis port), falcorth(oxion clan port), rohkala(the lake with the house in the middle), windscour(the lake near community center), silent forest. There are fishing stands at each lake, which qualifies for the fresh water sport fishing. You can turn on to show the icon for fishing stands in the world map([m]).

getting all that out of the way, when you catch a fish u turn it in at the fishing stand clicking the BAG(first icon), cog icon is to make ur catch into a trophy, 3rd FISHING icon, is for the fishers day event -> ocean sport fishing, freshwater fish do not qualify for the fishers day event catches, u can check the whole list in the quest itself.

fishturnin.PNG

Last edited:
Back