What's new

Better time for Luscas

There was an interesting idea of making the water debuff that adds a damage over time to INCREASE OVER TIME. That itself might be a viable fix inside that area to make it more ship based.

Could we not change the event to happen at slightly different times depending on the day?

For example:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday - Luscas would happen at the normal time
Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday - Luscas would happen at the new proposed time

Sorry if this was already mentioned, the thread is quite long and I didn't have the time to read every post.

I like the idea tbh, so i second it

also it is true that making 2 events might cause some problems, so best solution would be what Thinking mentioned, because maybe people don't join it because of the time

Ok ok ok ok...
Well, as is told before, the final decision relays on the hands of the GMs, all good. BUT as i also stated that before: Naval combat and time it is NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!
Last night we had a nicely naval combat when a good amount of brave Westerns players showed up to join the fight. Pirates where there as well, and for sure, East was. The ACTUAL issue is (again): People dont want to FEED honor and PVP kills counts into high geared players!!! Sure, i agree that adding a high amount of damage from the Abyssal waters would be nice; but keep in mind that this would affect the looters and waters teams.
For those that dont know or never faced it once, the boarding parties made by either faction mainly consists of: getting that damn wolfelk thing mount (that i forgot the name now lol) into nearby rocks and use its skill of the foward 15 meters leap into passing by boats. Naval combat is yet pretty alive (those that attended to it last night are pretty known of it).
Last night naval boat vs boat combat was pretty balanced and healthy... both sides got casualties. But when the High GS cool kids join the party, things change and it goes from fun to depressing! **AGAIN THIS IS THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE GAVE UP ON JOINING THESE PAST FEW MONTHS MY DEAR GOD. EVENT TIME IS NOT THE ISSUE!!!**
Changing the event time WONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!! Even worst, it will make it truly empty!
Now what? Lemme get this right... all this begun because of Enoan Pieces/Fragments???? Seriously???
Well... as i told it before, the GMs do whatever they want to, it will change nothing but make things worse.

Ok ok ok ok...
Well, as is told before, the final decision relays on the hands of the GMs, all good. BUT as i also stated that before: Naval combat and time it is NOT THE PROBLEM!!!!!!
Last night we had a nicely naval combat when a good amount of brave Westerns players showed up to join the fight. Pirates where there as well, and for sure, East was. The ACTUAL issue is (again): People dont want to FEED honor and PVP kills counts into high geared players!!! Sure, i agree that adding a high amount of damage from the Abyssal waters would be nice; but keep in mind that this would affect the looters and waters teams.
For those that dont know or never faced it once, the boarding parties made by either faction mainly consists of: getting that damn wolfelk thing mount (that i forgot the name now lol) into nearby rocks and use its skill of the foward 15 meters leap into passing by boats. Naval combat is yet pretty alive (those that attended to it last night are pretty known of it).
Last night naval boat vs boat combat was pretty balanced and healthy... both sides got casualties. But when the High GS cool kids join the party, things change and it goes from fun to depressing! **AGAIN THIS IS THE MAIN REASON PEOPLE GAVE UP ON JOINING THESE PAST FEW MONTHS MY DEAR GOD. EVENT TIME IS NOT THE ISSUE!!!**
Changing the event time WONT CHANGE ANYTHING!!!! Even worst, it will make it truly empty!
Now what? Lemme get this right... all this begun because of Enoan Pieces/Fragments???? Seriously???
Well... as i told it before, the GMs do whatever they want to, it will change nothing but make things worse.

I agreee with most of what you said. The timer is not the issue. You can have the luscas go all day and night, increase the rewards and change the damage there are still going to be people who will not go.

The last time I went, which was many months ago. There was some in-fighting on the east side. Not going to name, names but a high geared person was pissed of at someone else on the east side so they griefed the luscas raid because of it. The really dumb thing was the person they were angry with at wasn't even in the raid. The high geared person kept destroying our ships and would not let us do the quest. There was maybe 10 of us in this raid. So it wasn't big to begin with. The raid fell apart. I never went back since because there are more drama free and less aggravating ways to get honor. Grinding mobs for the honor essences/tokens or what ever the spherical things that give you honor are called, that is more fun the doing luscas, cr or gr. You also have the quest at hero hall that gives honor. Even before all of the in-fighting happened, I honestly can't recall at any point in time on here or the official game where I ever thought doing Luscas was fun. It was more like, if you wanted the honor you did them.

I think the main issue is the fighting over something that has so little reward to it. The fighting is over simply keeping the other person from having it. There is no real benefit to it. You don't get extra honor points by killing more luscas. You don't feel rewarded for joining or participating. You feel often times punished for it.

I've seen Sjinderson respond that it is not possible to limit people from getting rewards twice if luscas were multiple times a day which is actualy bs.

It is possible to have the event more then once a day.
There is just no way to restrict it so that you can only get something from it once a day
What are you afraid of since luscas quest is daily type of quest and probably u cannot get it twice per day?

I've seen Sjinderson respond that it is not possible to limit people from getting rewards twice if luscas were multiple times a day which is actualy bs.

What are you afraid of since luscas quest is daily type of quest and probably u cannot get it twice per day?
A daily quest is neither the loot nor is it repeatable in the same day anyway. If I was talking about the quest I'd of said quest. Not rewards. Which is the loot obtained from the luscas themself

So your point is pointless

Only loot from luscas that is actualy the reason to just go there are enoan scraps - but - you need 5000 of them to get full enoan design. If u loot and manage to buy yourself 20 scraps after each time - consider yourself lucky - thats 250 days of repeating that and there is no harm if players were able to do it twice.

We already looked into the possibility to add additional Lusca Awakening event at the earlier time, but, that is technically complicated due to the way event and its activation designed. Anyway, just letting everyone know that this thread is not forgotten and is something we are still working with.​

yes, the loot from luscas is defently not the problem. the opposite is true. the server need more income of enoan fragments and design bags! the auctionhouse is completley empty on designs!

and the discussion revealed that the only real solution to cover more than one specific time zone is to duplicate the event.
it would be a huge benefit for the server to have a 2nd lusca and abyssal event. and iam pretty confident that u can manage the technical problems. coz we got the best server administration team here!

yes, the loot from luscas is defently not the problem. the opposite is true. the server need more income of enoan fragments and design bags! the auctionhouse is completley empty on designs!

and the discussion revealed that the only real solution to cover more than one specific time zone is to duplicate the event.
it would be a huge benefit for the server to have a 2nd lusca and abyssal event. and iam pretty confident that u can manage the technical problems. coz we got the best server administration team here!
You may need to check 5.5 patch notes, custom part. That has the info regarding Lusca and Abyssal events.

meanwhile i checked the daily schedule :D awsome server, awsome team! thank u very very much!! patchnotes i always read after the patch is implemented. dont like to get forced to take any profit out of patch changes :(

Back