What's new

Better time for Luscas

Hektor

Coz the Lusca event doesnt earned the attention of the players in last periode of time.

The question is, can we find a time where we can shift the Luscas into, to get more ppl take part of that event?

First suggestion was to have Luscas some where after Halcyona.
But please reply to this post and also add some time suggestions.
especially i hope west and pirates join the debate too <3 coz at last i missed them entirly on luscas! :(

in my opinion to have it at last 3h earlier. that would also lead europeans into luscas. but that mean that it would be early for west coast of NA.

Please reply :)

If Europeans want more into Luscas then they should play on the EU server why is everything being made for the EU players on the NA server. I mean come on Sparkle done made changed for EU hero's that abyssal isn't required . So you going to move Abyssal also? What is the purpose of playing on an NA server if you want all the times to fit EU times?

the reason why so many europeans r here is perhaps that so many of us cant read cyrillic. we dont want to harm u in any way!

its not the ask of have it fit to EU. its the ask on how we can get more ppl into the Luscas (even if its stays out of EU timezone)!
@Starrylove, u wasnt in our raid today on abyssal, nor on my radar (there was btw no one on my radar who was not in raid) maybe u can help the discusion here, why personally u wasnt part of the event. and what can be made to get u there. (lusca is not abyssal, but its on the same time and also inbound luscas)

I remember another private server where lusca spawns twice a day to accommodate to different time zones. Already suggested to do the same here a long time ago but it won't be added.

If almost no one is currently visiting the event, then I can assume that current time is bad for both - NA and EU players. Please post your suggestions only if you are interested in visiting the event.

This post will not mention any names in order to keep individual privacy.
This post is only in here to make the discussion richier or details and informations.
Late edit: As stated by @Sparkle, this post was made due to interest on keep visiting the event.

Brieff Luscas and Abyssal historic

If we all got back a few months in this server history, we will notice that Abyssal and Luscas raid was in a considerable number of players on all the factions/nations existent on this game. With this said i must state as well that even with this self claimed bad timer, people used to attend and have fun in there. Also, there was a health PVP back then as well naval combat.
Now, from about 3 months ago (or so) there have been a HUGE gear score gap in between the factions members; which, i must say, is totally normal and not the reason of this dicussion. With that said, i also must state that, due to this "issue", people begun to abanddon this event in order to prevent theirselves into feeding honor points and player kills to the most powerful players.
There must be a missunderstood in this forum discussion, because the event timer as the way it is now, and even during daylights savings, was lively and plenty of players on it. People are still shy or reluctant into attending yet, on all the existent factions, due to the situation mentioned above.

Abyssal and Luscas acctual situation
If we go back into less than 1 month ago, this very same situation used to occur. But now things begun to settle down a bit. EAST nation was the one that had the most issues and injuries with that event; and yet managed (and still manage to) get it done! The timer is there for everyone to join. I shall state that sall the week long, during all its days, nation raids are posted for that event, religiously, for every single member to join. Last night was the MOST HIGHEST number of player from the East nation that we gathered so far, with the ammount of 21 players, since the last great raid (back to 4 months ago), when several players used to yet join in a last stand attempt to get events done.
The event timer, though, it is NOT the acctual issue! Several times during the early begin of the event, if anyone... i will say it again: ANYONE take a quick look at Austera Hero's Plaza, Outlet port and many others places, will notice several players wandering around; several players doing other stuff; several players doing other evetns, and there we go on. Sure! No one is forced nor can be forced to attendt into event and stuff (lets keep this clear to avoid further missundertoods again). Each individual has its own unique play style; that means we all are free to do wahtever we want in this game.
Any EAST player that once attended to ABYSSAL or LUSCAS once in their entire play life from 5 months ago to now sure know the struggle that it used to be in order to get 5 luscas mobs done, in which sometime took the ENTIRE EVENT TIME to get it done due to PVP OR WORSE... we were not able to complete it at ll in a single day.
In the past 2 or 1 months the ONLY nations that do attended to Luscas and Abyssal were: Pirate nation and East nation. In the last couple weeks we begun to have a small number of West player as well. People are begining to join back the event slowly. Some folks might yet have the memories or reluctance from the old times in that event. But in general, we done have people that attend; the event is not empty; the event is not out of peoples interest.

Some usefull informations
With all the above said, i must state one more information: some of the people that are in here asking for such thing never once joined this event; other joined recently and have not faced what it used to be in the last late month. So, my point is: it is a unncessary change, if it is getting considered. If any EAST player is supporting this situation means that it is either new on this or have never faced the struggle we once had.
The situation faced in a couple nights of the event does not reflect on the event's life in itself. As a matter of example, back on Tuesday's Abyssal event, there was a East raid, a West raid and even a Pirate raid. What happened on the following days does not affect the event's life. The same happened on Saturday, last Thrusday (April the 1st) and the Tuesday before... the event is returning the be lively.
The mentioned couple event's night that it remained East only were: last night, Thrusday and Wednesday; which means: the situation faced in this 2 DAYS ONLY can not be described as the entire envet life! We all know that real life issues and other stuff or other in-game things might have prevented these last couple luscas and abyssal night to get more people into it.

Last considerations
I would like to make everyone get this thinking line: if the event timer gets changed, in order to "get more people involved" we all must keep in mind that not everyone will come! Those that now attend to the event might not be able to join as well due to real life obligations! Not everyone will join even if the timer was movedto late Halcy war and earlier, nor any suggested time! People are free to do whatever they want, either in game or not.
Changing the event timer for a small group will affect the major group of the server; which means: changing it for EU players will affect drasticaly the NA players; so, with the argumment of gathering more people, it will end preventind even more people to join! We all must keep in mind that the server is NA based on a NA player base and on NA host. I say that for myself as well; timers are a struggle for me but what can i do? It is what it is! We all must remind ourselves that we have players from all over in this server and if each single one begins to ask for changing anything timers on, we will end up doing nothing... not even a single CR.
With all that stated i would like to everyone that might post in here: think wisely! Becareful on what you are asking for. Keep in mind that we are guests on a foreign server and we are the ones that MUST ADAPT ourselves to it.
I appeal to the East Nation this: think wisely and carefully on waht you all are agreeing with! East likes to complain that gets little things done due to west and pirates raids, so: take care on what you might agree for.

Last edited:
Thanks tokugawa for the huge reply and the extra informations! Most likley that ur the reason that at last a handfull haranyans take part on luscas. and thats cool!

i have to make clear that iam sorry for my poor choosen topic. its way to offensive.

i have to agree that haranyan faction is and was the most weakest. in numbers, compared to west and in gearscore compared with pn2. and to complete abyssal event as haranyan is a very cool story coz of that fact. but thats not an argument pro or contra to keep status quo. It might just point out that haranyan might have build up a deficite, what they now try to fix. but without competition it will not last for long.

i know that especially i have no experiance how it was, back in the days, on a healty lusca event with good competition here. but i took part on live for years. and even there with all the griefers and the huge GS gap we was always able to complet the lusca quest. we also killed the dominated faction with cannon fire regardless thier GS (thanks that cannons do siege dmg) it just needs a decent ship!

I count u as a very close ingame friend, tokugawa, thats why i know that ur average ingame time is way earlier than luscas event. And if iam not wrong, that also concern to the rest of our raid on luscas. it also applies to pn2 and west. so we have defently a time sector where we chould shift the event, without exclude any of the current attendees by the time of the day.

The Lusca event in general is a very important event! it gives galleons a purpose!! and many players just decide coz of this event to build one! some would say, ok every faction got thier flag ship and thats it. no! in the competition, flag ships get destroyed and each faction need a few ships to can proceed in the event coz of the repair timer! so various players get here the oportunity to have thier ship out! or figur out that there is a need for more galleons.
I just get told from a hero of the west faction that they r low on galleon captains...

If almost no one is currently visiting the event, then I can assume that current time is bad for both - NA and EU players. Please post your suggestions only if you are interested in visiting the event.

The time of the event is ok.

Take into consideration that some who were pirates returned to their factions, that some people stopped playing (Most of the Sea Devils guild members) and if this happens in the east, I want to imagine that in the west it is the same.

A couple of months ago it was impossible or almost impossible to be able to kill 5 Luscas because we did not have the armor / weapons equipment and the ships, because the people who previously organized the event, left the game. We religiously try to maintain a raid every day at this time for people who want to join us. But we still have other things to do once the objective of the quest is achieved.

I think it is very easy for someone who does not attend regularly and who has only attended a couple of times this week to give an opinion about the fact that the schedule is changed, so that it is more comfortable for him, but of those who go regularly, there are people who connect at 3am, in my particular case, I literally come running from work to be on time sometimes I make it, other times they go halfway, but my guild helps me complete the quest.

If the event time gets changed into earlier, it will prejudicial to me as well once i will no longer be able to join due to real life. The same applies to everyone else that makes the possible and impossible to fit in-game events into their day life schedule.

With all the above said, i must state one more information: some of the people that are in here asking for such thing never once joined this event; other joined recently and have not faced what it used to be in the last late month. So, my point is: it is a unncessary change, if it is getting considered. If any EAST player is supporting this situation means that it is either new on this or have never faced the struggle we once had.

The ones that "have never once joined this event" maybe have a time zone issue, like me.... I have joined a handful of times when I could not sleep in 2.5 years. How would the change then be unnecessary to accommodate to the EU player base?

Yes the activity in Lusca has been varied, from the stories I have heard from NA players, but I know many EU players regret not being able to do the event. Please do not let your reasoning exclude a large part of the player base.

The ones that "have never once joined this event" maybe have a time zone issue, like me.... I have joined a handful of times when I could not sleep in 2.5 years. How would the change then be unnecessary to accommodate to the EU player base?

Yes the activity in Lusca has been varied, from the stories I have heard from NA players, but I know many EU players regret not being able to do the event. Please do not let your reasoning exclude a large part of the player base.

My Dear Aviendha,
I might state once again that my intentions is not to exclude or ditch anyone from the event timer. But, it is a warning for those inclined into agree with a timers change, in which, speak from what i know on the East Nation, might does prevent (at least) 60% of the remaining raid members that does attend to the event. I can use myself as an example. This very setted Luscas timer is "perfect" due to my out-game (real life) timers and obligations; when i am online out of my daylie schedule it is because i did managed to pospone any real life thing. So, Luscas time is setted to happen at 21 hours server time; let us say it gets changed to 18 hours server time, in which seems to fit for most EU members. Well, i could not attend; nor most of my guildies; nor even most of my raid members. In my case that would be 21 hrs server time is 22 hrs for me and 18 hrs server time would be 19 hrs for me, at that time i am not at home; noe quite a good number of mine people.
I shall make it clear that i am not been a jerk or a douch repleing these post. Sure, it would be nice to have more people. But 3rd: changing timers to beneffit a little ammount of people is not a good thing if in the other hand you will lose a another good ammount.
I must, as well, state that -as it was previously mentioned- from about 1 month ago to now on, these both naval events begun to get more quietly. Back then it was a complete struggle to get it complete in the very same day. Just ask any East or West player from minor guild (not top high guilds) how it was. Pirates were there, doing their game, which is totaly and complete fair due to the own game mechannics and the good old green x red fight. West withdraw from it first, while East keept as a last stand. We got to the point where we hosted a 5 players raid in order to get our quests done; without mentioning that we were not able to get abyssal packs due to this.
In these last couple weeks, East has been the ONLY and SINGLE Nation that keept doing this event. Now, from about... 3 or 4 Abyssal Attacks on that we begun to face some brave Westerns, in which ones I (myself) alway take note on their bravery; as a reflect on what we were back then.
As it was mentioned previously, as well, people now are getting their confidence back to return to the event; and it was said too, most of all players on EITHER SIDES grown tired of feeding other highier gear score players into honor and PVP kills.
I am not in here to change anyone's mind, it is what it is! I have just joined this discussion to present informations and prevent missunderstoods. In the end of the day, the GMs are the ones that will have the final word on that.
And i just jsut can hope they find a midterm for this impasse; one that does not prevent all of us that have been attending this event for 6 months or more from keep doing it.

Thanks tokugawa for the huge reply and the extra informations! Most likley that ur the reason that at last a handfull haranyans take part on luscas. and thats cool!

i have to make clear that iam sorry for my poor choosen topic. its way to offensive.

i have to agree that haranyan faction is and was the most weakest. in numbers, compared to west and in gearscore compared with pn2. and to complete abyssal event as haranyan is a very cool story coz of that fact. but thats not an argument pro or contra to keep status quo. It might just point out that haranyan might have build up a deficite, what they now try to fix. but without competition it will not last for long.

i know that especially i have no experiance how it was, back in the days, on a healty lusca event with good competition here. but i took part on live for years. and even there with all the griefers and the huge GS gap we was always able to complet the lusca quest. we also killed the dominated faction with cannon fire regardless thier GS (thanks that cannons do siege dmg) it just needs a decent ship!

I count u as a very close ingame friend, tokugawa, thats why i know that ur average ingame time is way earlier than luscas event. And if iam not wrong, that also concern to the rest of our raid on luscas. it also applies to pn2 and west. so we have defently a time sector where we chould shift the event, without exclude any of the current attendees by the time of the day.

The Lusca event in general is a very important event! it gives galleons a purpose!! and many players just decide coz of this event to build one! some would say, ok every faction got thier flag ship and thats it. no! in the competition, flag ships get destroyed and each faction need a few ships to can proceed in the event coz of the repair timer! so various players get here the oportunity to have thier ship out! or figur out that there is a need for more galleons.
I just get told from a hero of the west faction that they r low on galleon captains...

My Dear Hektor,
As it was stated previously, the historic of either Luscas and Abyssal Attack can be resumed as a Epic Bloodbath aginst the East. Back then on the days of the former Player Nation 2 used to rule it over East and West all together. We all layed our trust and confidence into our former naval combat leaders, that today are no more, into getting us toward quest completition and victory. Back on those days, there was not naval combat, but water and boat boarding PVP. Yes! I am a veteran from the former Legacy version of this game and i have witnessed (back then) to many naval combat, even before the galleons customization updates, passing from former great cannons we had (high angle siege cannon) back then, to the birth and coming of the Enoans; i have faced and witnessed inumerous Kraken's raids, Delphinad Ghosts Ships (all the 3 of them back then), inumerous sieges, Leviathan raids (eithe to prevent Westerns form doing it and trying to get East get it), boat to boat boarding parties and much more. All this now is past; all that we do here a shadow of the past.
In here, the few naval combats we had so far skipped the most important part of it: galleons drives skills and cannoniers eagle eye aiming for full boarding parties; in a total wipe of, not only 2 or 3 galleons but 4, 5 and even 6... several times. To the point where raid leaders back then in a moment of full rage simply gave up on leading their fellows; disbanding raid and leaving everyone without quest completition. The majority of these very same "Captains" have quited the game recently, at least on the East side of the story, leaving us all unprepared, in terms of galleons gear and all that stuff. We had to work like crazies to gear up our boats in order to NOT get stuck inland. And we went out there, against all possible winning ways, learning and geting taught by mistakes and corrections.
I am not get into an argumment on that but rather... informing from the East perpesctive what we have faced so far.
I have spent a great ammount of gold into gearing up my galleon, and yet it is not perfect nor have archivied its complete potential, to get my guildies, my Nation, my friends and my brothers and sisters in arms to get AT LEAST that last standing event done, daylie. I even got my second in command to spend a lot of gold into his very own galleon as well. With all that, all the effort and sacriffice made we managed to bring more people with us, even with the initial struggles we made it.
The old school naval combat no longer is used in here, at leat for some Nations, it is rather a boarding party and complete wipe, leaving the boats alone and ready to get destroyed, when it is the case.
I might state once again that my intentions is not to exclude or ditch anyone from the event timer. But, it is a warning for those inclined into agree with a timers change, in which, speak from what i know on the East Nation, might does prevent (at least) 60% of the remaining raid members that does attend to the event. I can use myself as an example. This very setted Luscas timer is "perfect" due to my out-game (real life) timers and obligations; when i am online out of my daylie schedule it is because i did managed to pospone any real life thing. So, Luscas time is setted to happen at 21 hours server time; let us say it gets changed to 18 hours server time, in which seems to fit for most EU members. Well, i could not attend; nor most of my guildies; nor even most of my raid members. In my case that would be 21 hrs server time is 22 hrs for me and 18 hrs server time would be 19 hrs for me, at that time i am not at home; noe quite a good number of mine people.
I shall make it clear that i am not been a jerk or a douch repleing these post. Sure, it would be nice to have more people. But 3rd: changing timers to beneffit a little ammount of people is not a good thing if in the other hand you will lose a another good ammount.
I must, as well, state that -as it was previously mentioned- from about 1 month ago to now on, these both naval events begun to get more quietly. Back then it was a complete struggle to get it complete in the very same day. Just ask any East or West player from minor guild (not top high guilds) how it was. Pirates were there, doing their game, which is totaly and complete fair due to the own game mechannics and the good old green x red fight. West withdraw from it first, while East keept as a last stand. We got to the point where we hosted a 5 players raid in order to get our quests done; without mentioning that we were not able to get abyssal packs due to this.
In these last couple weeks, East has been the ONLY and SINGLE Nation that keept doing this event. Now, from about... 3 or 4 Abyssal Attacks on that we begun to face some brave Westerns, in which ones I (myself) alway take note on their bravery; as a reflect on what we were back then.
As it was mentioned previously, as well, people now are getting their confidence back to return to the event; and it was said too, most of all players on EITHER SIDES grown tired of feeding other highier gear score players into honor and PVP kills.
I am not in here to change anyone's mind, it is what it is! I have just joined this discussion to present informations and prevent missunderstoods. In the end of the day, the GMs are the ones that will have the final word on that.
And i just jsut can hope they find a midterm for this impasse; one that does not prevent all of us that have been attending this event for 6 months or more from keep doing it.

i can agree luscas/abyssal attack had a good amount of players back then, i have joined such stuff and it had some active content but for some reason it's now less active, thanks to Tokugawa and his group, it's still alive, but still less active then how it was before, perhaps we can find a better time for both? 2-3 or a few hours earlier maybe?

I am an EU player, and i have read the comment of Starrylove, that is true but also keep in mind that some of us may have not even heard of the other server, for example i have joined here 8 months ago? or something like that, at that time i never saw or heard of an ru server, a friend of mine said it's only NA and so me and a small group started here and tbh i wish that there's some server transfer service or something, with which you can move your account to the RU/EU server, i have reached 13.2k clean GS here and that was a great amount of time and stuff invested there which is what makes it hard to start from the 0 again :p

overall i'd like luscas time to change maybe a couple of hours earlier, if that won't cause any damage to people's time and stuff, i believe more people will join such content if it's earlier? maybe?

I was asked to lead/help in luscas before, but it's 4-5 AM my time, i rarely join it because of that

It's Hyakki if you don't know \o/

Last edited:
I summarize:

what we know:

1. we got a group of good players who r able to join luscas yet. main reason is that lusca time fits for them and they want to keep the time.

2. we know a playerbase who r willing to join lusca, but those got a time zone issue.

3. luscas spawn compared to ALL other events ingame to a very late time.

what we dont know:

1. where the 95% of all the other players went, who took part before. and the reason for that. it would be cool to have a few of them to reply here.

I personally feel Luscas is fine as it is for when it spawns, if it's set any further back, then anyone playing from Australia will be forced to abandon the event, since currently it's hosted at 10am (Melbourne Time, 8am if people are living in Perth Western Australia), if it's moved back by 3 hours, it would be 7am, I personally wouldn't see many Australians waking up at 7am just to run the event (Daylight savings might make it more bearable since it would be 11am or 8am if it was pulled back, but that would mean they'd only really be able to manage it from October-April).

If I'm online I'd be happy to hear what others are thinking about this. (Meely is my IGN)

Desde mi perspectiva en lugar de recorrer el evento, creo que se debería de abrir otro evento a 12hrs antes, de tal manera aquellos que no pueden atenderlo actual, podrían hacerlo en el otro horario, así tanto los de Europa, Asia y Oceanía podrían hacer Luscas. Al final como es un evento diario, podrías volver a tomar la quest al reset.

El problema aquí es que no existe reestricción sobre el loot de los Luscas del otro horario, lo cual provocaría una saturación en el mercado de los diseños de las partes para barcos, así como los fragmentos del Enoan.

Yo sigo pensando que el tiempo del evento está bien, puesto que estamos en un servidor NA, y sus eventos son pensados en su mayoría para la gente que vive en el continente Americano. Sería ilógio que yo me fuera al servidor RU y pidiera que cambiaran los horarios de sus eventos porque yo y algunos pocos no podemos asistir.

------------------------

From my perspective, instead of changing the schedule of the event, I think that another event should be opened at 12hrs before, in such a way that those who cannot attend it currently, could do it at the other time, as well as those in Europe, Asia and Oceania. they could do Luscas. In the end as it is a daily event, you could take the quest again at reset.

The problem here is that there is no restriction on the loot of the Luscas of the other time, which would cause a saturation in the market of the designs of the parts for ships, as well as the fragments of the Enoan.

I still think that the timing of the event is fine, since we are on an NA server, and their events are mostly thought for people who live in the American continent. It would be illogical for me to go to the RU server and ask for their event times to be changed because I and a few are unable to attend.

My IGN: Aterdrako

i dont know its possible to duplicate the event. sparkle could tell us. but it would be defently a good solution.

i can say that we dont need to worry about too many enoan fragments for years! even on a healty event with 3 factions and no combat. it would not floot the market. most of the fragments went to some players werehouse and rott there :(

if i compare with our haranyan hero activitys and imagine that those represent the majority player base, than it seems that luscas event is not withhin the players peek online time of this server. if an event is only once a day. the majority of players should have access. i agree that its an NA server. but we got also a huge number from south america, asia, oceania and EU here. we all benefit from each other! the average playtime of an standard player is? 6h a day? 5? if he is active. we r talking about an 1h event. it should be possible to find a suitable time for everyone!

and we should keep in mind that luscas and abyssal r 2 different events. even if we move luscas out of the range of a few, those could still do abyssal and have thier luscas.

i dont know its possible to duplicate the event. sparkle could tell us. but it would be defently a good solution.

Yes it is possible, as I already noted before:

I remember another private server where lusca spawns twice a day to accommodate to different time zones. Already suggested to do the same here a long time ago but it won't be added.

I still think that the timing of the event is fine, since we are on an NA server, and their events are mostly thought for people who live in the American continent. It would be illogical for me to go to the RU server and ask for their event times to be changed because I and a few are unable to attend.

Yes it is true that the server was created with NA in mind, however, over the years many EU players, Asian players, and others have flocked to the server because they experience it to be better than the other one. That in itself is a huge compliment to this server, and it also means the dynamics changed. By now, other events have already been adjusted to meet the needs of the current mixed player base, so why not Lusca?

A time I'd suggest for the weekends would be after the 2nd Mistmerrow, so maybe 4pm server time Lusca spawn and 3:30pm Abyssal.

I know that time is too tricky during weekdays, so maybe a bit later then. Not sure if possible, I know Halcy auto q has different times, not sure how that works for events.

Back