What's new

Game Not Downloading

Kezz

I'm stuck on this screen
1581461259945.png

I've updated my graphics card driver, verified my internet is running good, and restarted the computer a few times. I made sure it's not my antivirus as well.

I recently uninstalled the game, restarted the computer, reinstalled the launcher, and now I'm still stuck on "Downloading the latest files list..."

I'm getting reports of this happening to somebody else today as well.

EDIT: The launcher will NOT let me repair either.

Had it checked on our side, no issues.
Issue is on your side, can be either internet provider or internet backbone temporary issues.

Had it checked on our side, no issues.
Issue is on your side, can be either internet provider or internet backbone temporary issues.
@Sparkle I'm being told this happens to quite a few people from time to time. There is something wrong with the launcher.

Common launcher issues:
- Only happens after the occasional weekly update.
-The situation resolves itself with 6-24 hours after the launcher fails to download. So everybody should be able to resume updating the server by tomorrow, or there is a bigger issue at hand.

I have not had any issues with updates or downloads on this server for well over a year now. My computer runs great, my internet speed is very fast, and if I am having issues then I believe it is a launcher. As of now, I have literally zero issues running anything else, downloading anything else, or playing any other game.

I’m also having issues but it seems to be only with Archerage patcher, nothing else on my pc is acting like this patcher wise.

I'm stuck on this screen
View attachment 10616

I've updated my graphics card driver, verified my internet is running good, and restarted the computer a few times. I made sure it's not my antivirus as well.

I recently uninstalled the game, restarted the computer, reinstalled the launcher, and now I'm still stuck on "Downloading the latest files list..."

I'm getting reports of this happening to somebody else today as well.

EDIT: The launcher will NOT let me repair either.
This screen appears after awhile. Even though I can't click repair myself.
View attachment 10620
Repair process failed means it failed to download the files it was looking for.

From the reports of this what I can see is Windows has changed something which renoved peoples exclusions.

So check your Anti virus exclusions list to make sure it still has the launcher.exe, archeage.exe and the game folder.
Then go to your firewall rules and add a new one for the launcher.exe to allow connections

Repair process failed means it failed to download the files it was looking for.

From the reports of this what I can see is Windows has changed something which renoved peoples exclusions.

So check your Anti virus exclusions list to make sure it still has the launcher.exe, archeage.exe and the game folder.
Then go to your firewall rules and add a new one for the launcher.exe to allow connections
Already tried all that.

My suspicions were correct. It was something to do with the launcher. As stated earlier, the launcher must have temp hiccups with connecting to the server. I was told to wait overnight and the problem will resolve itself by morning. They were correct and the problem did resolve itself. Very strange.

There is a random bug with the launcher. For anybody else that experiences this issue, just wait overnight and try to download the files again.

Last edited:
Now my game just isn't playing. It downloaded the files this morning, but when I press play it sits there for awhile, then closes with no prompts. It let me run a repair on the files. Same result.

Now my game just isn't playing. It downloaded the files this morning, but when I press play it sits there for awhile, then closes with no prompts. It let me run a repair on the files. Same result.
Can you give more details on what's happening after you press Play? If possible, record and provide a short video.

1581549029530.png

This is it @Sparkle This is what happens after I press PLAY.

Absolutely nothing happens. After a few minutes of this... it just closes. I'm not sure how to provide video through my desktop, but it wouldn't show you anything. It's exactly as I said. After it closes, there's no pop up errors, prompts of any kind, just nothing at all. It's not even running in the background when I check my Task Manager.

I also want to mention that I've tried downloading the game on 2 different SSD's now. I've tried downloading the game through torrent and that didn't work. I recently uninstalled **AGAIN** and installed through the direct download. I'm still receiving the same issue.

I've triple checked and verified that everything is excluded by my antivirus. I'm honestly not sure what to do anymore.

Just to clarify, after I press PLAY, there is no splash loading screen. The launcher remains as is until it closes and disappears. I've also tried running as Admin.

Do the following. Go start -> settings -> system -> about.
Then screenshot the page with device specification and system specification data.

Also, just in case, prior it, also try to clear your cache. Go to C:\ArcheRage\Documents and remove folder’s content (ctrl+A -> delete) and try to start the game after.

1581552848975.png

1581552995235.png

1581553029430.png

"System Specification" doesn't appear in the About window.

As for the documents folder, that has been cleared. I cleared and tried again though. Still no luck.

Sorry, meant Windows Specifications, not System Specifications. Can you also provide info on the Version and OS Build?

Information on OS Build you gave is not full. It should have the number (in your case 18362) then dot (.) and after it another number (your screenshot doesn't show that number, but it's important). You should see that full number if you go start -> settings -> system -> about.

Information on OS Build you gave is not full. It should have the number (in your case 18362) then dot (.) and after it another number (your screenshot doesn't show that number, but it's important). You should see that full number if you go start -> settings -> system -> about.
I see it now. Sorry about that.
1581555601396.png

Back