What's new

Game Not Downloading

You have the most recent one from 2 days ago. We'll have it tested to make sure it's not the recent Windows update issue that now blocks the proper start of launcher and game for you.

There is/was definitely an issue with Feral Hosting, because I had the same problem.

I, luckily, also have a laptop that I play on sometimes at work, and had managed to update Tuesday morning shortly after the patch released.

When I came home on Tuesday Night, my main PC was unable to download the update. I just opened a UNC, copied out the client.version and game_pak files to my PC. It let me play that way.

Perhaps some HTTP logging for the launcher would be helpful here....

edit: my main PC is win7, my laptop is win10, so I don't believe any OS updates had any bearing on this issue.

Last edited:
Kezz, we installed your Windows version, installed DX9, installed game and game started with no issues, we didn't even add any exceptions.​
That means that is not a Windows update issue, but most likely something in your Windows got broken while you had issues accessing cdn servers and made some changes on your side in an attempt to access cdns and complete updates download. So either rollback of that changes or fresh Windows install may be required.​

Kezz, we installed your Windows version, installed DX9, installed game and game started with no issues, we didn't even add any exceptions.​
That means that is not a Windows update issue, but most likely something in your Windows got broken while you had issues accessing cdn servers and made some changes on your side in an attempt to access cdns and complete updates download. So either rollback of that changes or fresh Windows install may be required.​

I figured it out @Sparkle

I bought Bitdefender for an antivirus. There is a location for standard exclusions for files. There's also an area for my firewall exclusions.

Now I have a new "Advanced Threat Detection" in my antivirus that requires me to put ArcheRage as an exclusion for a 3rd time :mad:

But that did the trick and I'm back online. The original "not downloading" error is still a mystery though as to why it doesn't work for certain people after the weekly server update.

Thanks for looking into this though and trying your best to help.

Back