What's new

Game not launching past "Tyrants rule"

Handbutt

I've read a few recent threads on this issue and have tried all the steps outlined but am not able to run the game. I've previously installed 4.5 on this same computer but uninstalled not too long ago because I needed space on the comptuer and wasn't playing the game. Trying to come back but can't get anything to work, here's what I've done.

1.) originally I downloaded with torrent file, ran installer, everything is set as admin and i already have exceptions to allow the client since I used to play the game (am just returning). I double checked, and all the exceptions are still in place for the executable.

2.) every time I run the game it freezes at Tyrants rule and crashes. I tried reinstalling 3 times with the torrent fine installer, each time getting the same error. I tried re-downloading the torrent, re-installing, same error.

3.) I then tried installing via the launcher (which took like 8 hours to download) and the same problem is occuring. It's creating a "documents" folder in the /ArcheRage folder, but when I click the folder it returns a windows error and doesn't actually open anything. It's like its creating a shortcut to a folder that doesn't exist.

Any help resolving this would be greatly appreciated

Quick update, what it looks like is the C:\ArcheRage\Documents folder isnt being created properly, or something is corrupting when the folder is created. Every time I tried opening it I'd get a "doesnt exist, syntax error, bla bla". I saw the fix to this in other areas from some google searching was to rename the folder, so I renamed the one there to "Documents(Old)" and ran the launcher and viola! It looks like the installer is not properly creating this but the launcher can? Idk why this fixed it but it did for me

That folder is not created by the installer.
It is generated and read by the launcher which requires admin permissions for it to create such a folder.

The C:\Archerage\Documents and \working folders are mimics of the folder Mydocuments\ArcheRage.

The error itself doesn't come from this. It is the game not knowing which direct x to use when launching.
This occurs when it cannot find the system.cfg file or it isn't generating as by defualt it will go to dx9

Back