What's new

Game unexpectedly closing (I'm not sure but I think this is a client-side issue)

TheNekoMimiGamer

Nothing is more irritating to me than when I'm playing a game and doing some sort of quest and then the game just suddenly closes without warning or error message.

It's even more so when I'm carrying a trade-pack and hitching a ride on an airship because my character just stays in the air while the game is closed and falls to her death when I log back in.

I'm not sure what causes this, but it always seems to be random. I just wish I knew how to make it stop from happening at the worst possible moment.

I have that too once in a blue moon, but since theres no error message idk what it could possibly be. I take it as a sign to either take a break or go to bed.. it happens most often at end of the day xD

I would too except I do my trade pack dailies first thing every morning after breakfast, which is anywhere between 7am-9am US EST

Maybe I should take it as a sign that I'm not awake enough to be doing this? XD

These sudden crashes in most cases occur for 2 reason. A loading error for a texture. Or DirectX not responding properly.
You can change your direct x and see if that makes a difference.
You can also delete the cached shaders are one of them could be the issue causing a loading error.
"C:\Users\******\Documents\ArcheRage\USER\shaders"
Deleted the folder in there called "cache"

I have it set to DirectX 9 because 11 is a little finnicky with my equipment, but I'll start making it a habit to clear my shader cache every so often if something glitches out. One such instance is when the map renders improperly. For examples:
  • a giant mountain that's not supposed to exist traps me in Falcorth
  • the ground under the landbridge on the road to Tigerspine is completely missing
  • or even the river in Mahadevi is empty.
Every one of those has happened to me at least once, usually a relog fixes them right away.

I have it set to DirectX 9 because 11 is a little finnicky with my equipment, but I'll start making it a habit to clear my shader cache every so often if something glitches out. One such instance is when the map renders improperly. For examples:
  • a giant mountain that's not supposed to exist traps me in Falcorth
  • the ground under the landbridge on the road to Tigerspine is completely missing
  • or even the river in Mahadevi is empty.
Every one of those has happened to me at least once, usually a relog fixes them right away.
Those are errors with client side loading. If those are consistent it may be more than just failure for textures to load

Back