What's new

Game updates 10.28.2017

I was excited to start farming since today was the first day I got in. Boy I have bad timing. As a player who joined merely for crafting I find the 52+ labor usage to be way excessive. The reasoning makes somewhat sense, however I don't get why it must be that far out. Now I can't play the way I want to until level 52. Please choose a reasonable level for us farmers and crafters.

I was excited to start farming since today was the first day I got in. Boy I have bad timing. As a player who joined merely for crafting I find the 52+ labor usage to be way excessive. The reasoning makes somewhat sense, however I don't get why it must be that far out. Now I can't play the way I want to until level 52. Please choose a reasonable level for us farmers and crafters.

I don't think this change is going make any difference for botters. There will be just as many botters after they level their bots to 52. In my opinion, the change should be reverted back to level 20.

52 is fine where it's at. If they lower it and make it easier it makes it easier for the botters.

All this change does is delay botters. Once they level their bot account to 52 , they will be back to botting. Meanwhile ArcheRage will lose pissed off crafters, like me

If they level their account to 52 and then get caught tho which usually does happen then they have to start all over again and like I said it's a deter ant because then they have to level again ALLLLL the way to 52 and at some point it's just not worth it anymore because they will keep having to level to 52.

Once you hit 52 you ain't got nothing to worry about. Further more this was announced a week ago when the server launched and it really didn't take long to get 55 or even 52. More than ample time. Get level 52 and then burn labor to get 55.

I don't think this change is going make any difference for botters. There will be just as many botters after they level their bots to 52. In my opinion, the change should be reverted back to level 20.

It's 52 on the RU server as well as far as I know so I doubt it's gonna change. Ya either play with it or don't play your call.

52 is fine where it's at. If they lower it and make it easier it makes it easier for the botters.

If they level their account to 52 and then get caught tho which usually does happen then they have to start all over again and like I said it's a deter ant because then they have to level again ALLLLL the way to 52 and at some point it's just not worth it anymore because they will keep having to level to 52.

Once you hit 52 you ain't got nothing to worry about. Further more this was announced a week ago when the server launched and it really didn't take long to get 55 or even 52. More than ample time. Get level 52 and then burn labor to get 55.

If you think someone who is willing to cheat is not going to level their botting account to 52, you are going to be horribly mistaken. I'm not going to grind and farm non-stop for days just to be able to play the game I enjoy. If they don't change it back, I'm out.

If you think someone who is willing to cheat is not going to level their botting account to 52, you are going to be horribly mistaken. I'm not going to grind and farm non-stop for days just to be able to play the game I enjoy. If they don't change it back, I'm out.

Peace out! thanks for playin :D

Peace out! thanks for playin :D

It's always sad when people try to look cool by totally dismissing someone anonymously on the internet. With private server game devs that are as incompetent as the actual Archeahe devs, I have feeling this game is doomed just like Archeage was. :)

It's always sad when people try to look cool by totally dismissing someone anonymously on the internet. With private server game devs that are as incompetent as the actual Archeahe devs, I have feeling this game is doomed just like Archeage was. :)

lol, take care m8.

The reason its 52 is because getting to 50 is... ridiculously easy. It's already 5x xp, then you get 3-4 forms of 20% increases very generously. 50-55 is the real grind.

Is there a place to apply to join the development of this?
I've got small experience in packet captures and networking code. Albeit, it is in C#, and I'm not sure what backend yall came up with for this 2.9 client

Also, if I'm correct, I believe the backend utilizes Lua. I'm not 100%, but I know that's what is in the game files

Last edited:
I've got small experience in packet captures and networking code. Albeit, it is in C#, and I'm not sure what backend yall came up with for this 2.9 client

Also, if I'm correct, I believe the backend utilizes Lua. I'm not 100%, but I know that's what is in the game files
It uses official server files.

Since the game is made using CryEngine, the game code is in C++.
The server backend is most likely in C++. When I say most likely, I mean it is 99% sure, since you need very high perf, and any overhead from a VM running an interpreted language is a no-no.

Yea, but cry engine tends to abuse Lua for scripting purposes. Things like events and mob actions tend to run off of Lua scripting. The general game world is most likely pure C++ (tracking people's locations, chat, damage calculations) for sure, but if they stuck with the theme of the game, the server is also using Lua scripts for things.

Back