What's new

Getting some client-side stuttering (0.5s freezes) randomly

Godwaz

Hey my pc runs Live flawlessly with no stuttering/freezes even during large raid vs raid, but sadly not the same with your ArcheRage client...

I remember having this issue on Live a couple of years back before upgrading my cpu + ssd. Ever since the upgrade it has been running flawlessly.

It is really annoying because I like to swap gliders and weapons, and the interface lag is screwing up my performance. Sometimes I stutter as I am trying to use glider boost and it doesn't even go through...

I don't see how my game is fine with the Live version yesterday, but not on your ArcheRage version today.
Please suggest any fixes !

I am having the same issue and would really appreciate any information anyone has on this.

The Issue:
When the game loads game objects in such as trees or player houses ect. the game freezes for about half a second every half second or so while it loads them in. This could last up to about 10 seconds when you first zone into an area and then runs pretty well once it's all there until I run into a new area and new things load in the distance.

What I've tried:
Cleared cache
Reinstalled the game client
Lowered graphics and toggled to dx9
Updated my graphics drivers
Tried the game on several other desktop and laptop computers with the exact same issues every time

PC Specs:
Windows 10
i7-8800K
32GB of RAM
GTX 1080ti (Does it on my brother's RTX 2080 as well)
970 Pro m.2 SSD

The issue happens on the other 4 computers at my house and my laptop at work. I find it very confusing that many other people say they don't have the issue yet I have installed it on about 7 computers in different locations with different internet and have had an identical experience.

Did you try switching to another DirectX? If you use DX9, try DX11 and vice versa.

I have tried switching DirectX versions and it doesn't change, however, over time it does seem to go away mostly.
It seems there is an issue when it writes the cache files for textures. Once the cache is made though it doesn't have as much of an issue calling it.
It's very odd, every time I cleared my cache it was like starting from square one again and it slowly goes away over a few hours of play.
It's running pretty well now after the game cached all the common game objects. Or maybe I am just loosing my mind, who knows. Thanks for the help anyway Sparkle!

my game lag and freezes when quest process like collected quest item - kill monster 0/10 when kill one 1/10 show up got lag around 0.2 sec and freezes alot of time when start doing cr gr mm

Solution: Abandon any non-doable quests.

Any daily that you can pick up again? Gone!
Any quest that you wont complete like arenas, ghost ships, leviathan? Gone!

Reduce your quest book to only a few, and you should be able to do anything just fine. Usually this freeze happens as the game is trying to complete a quest, but seems to fail to multitask and holds all the threads to complete it. AKA: Game freezes. Example is: Doing packs, there is a 0/2000 labor daily, but at the same time you have 100+ quests on your Quest Log. Game goes trough all 100+ to get to the daily labor one, and freezes your game for that amount of time.

Unfortunately due to the way the game handles its processes that micro stutter is caused by the game doing quest checks after actions. It entirely client sided.
When you fulfill a condition for one of your quests the game will go through every active quest to find which it needs to update. These stutters have worse effects on lower speed cpus. Higher frequency cpus handle the updates smoother and reduce stutters

This is something removed in later versions when the games system uses a better method for indexing which helps loads times and overall performance.

Back