What's new

Gladiator Death Match Tournament (Revamp)

Rollz

Staff member
Elder
Hello, this is Rollz! As for some of you know, I am an assistant of AR.NA Staff,
Not so far behind, some people asked about the Karkasse gladiator event to come back, so I took my chances and asked Sparkle about it, and here is what I was told:

Sure, why not.

Therefore, I came here to introduce the revamp of the old tournament. I want to know about your thoughts about the rules I've stablished down here, and I want your opinion about the day/time, and rewards.

Gladiator_Death_Match_Tournament.png

"What’s in the air… spring? No, that’s a feeling of approaching battle.
This world is full of amazing knights and warriors waiting for their moment to show their courage and valiance. Are you one of them? Can’t wait for a moment to show your talents and stretch your muscles?" Don’t waste your time, send your application and participate in one of the Sunday Gladiator Death Match Tournaments.

How to participate?

Every Sunday the Event Manager will host an arena try to be early 20 minutes before the start of the event, so they can organize it.

Where will Tournaments take place?

Few minutes before the event begins, 4 portals will be spawned in Austera/Marianopole/DS/Pirate Island, they will lead to this platform on the middle of the ocean.

1.jpg

2.jpg

When will Tournaments take place?
Day: Sunday
Time
: 4:00 PM Server Time
Time frames of Tournament may be changed.

Can I come just to watch?

Sure, you don’t need to participate, you can just come to watch it, cheer for the participants or support a friend.

Tournament participant has no gear score rules. That means it will be a real coliseum, bring your battle gear!
Maximum Participants in 1 league
: players/duos/teams Decided based on the participants number, minimum 8 (may be changed)

Maximum time of a battle: 5 Minutes.
Qualification/Victory will be decided by the Jury.

Tournament stages:
Every event day will be decided if it will be FFA/Duos FFA/1v1/2v2/5v5 fights. And every time it will be decided the winners by a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th qualifications.

Tournament rules (Equalized):
1. The gear score is nonfactor.
2. All weapon swaps are blocked.
3. Gear etc. are nonfactor.
3.1 Gliders are blocked.
4. Its not allowed to use Health potions (Wild Ginseng, Grimoire, Minor HP Pots, Major HP Pots etc etc)
5. Mounts/Pets/Power stone pets/etc. not allowed.
6. Stealthing is allowed.
7. Moving 130 m away from the Event Manager is a defeat.
8. Any sort of disturbing/interrupting/etc. the event will not be tolerated.
9. Majority classes are allowed, minus healers and tanks for FFA Equalized matches.
10. All players/audience that go, must stay in a reasonable distance from the fighters, preferably near the Event Manager. Use Ctrl + F12 to watch the fights far away.
11. If the match is FFA Equalized, you will be disqualified if decided that you were teaming!
12. You are NOT allowed to ress your duo/2v2/5v5.

Tournament rules (Not Equalized):
1. The gear score has no limit.
1.1 Undies/Costumes/Gear/Gliders anything CAN be used.
1.2 CANNOT USE FLYING GLIDERS TO SURVIVE UNTIL THE END OF THE MATCH.
2. All weapon swaps ARE allowed.
3. Hero cloaks are NOT allowed.
4. Hero (12 months) cloaks ARE allowed.
5. Any consumables/potions CAN be used.
6. Drum buff is also allowed.
7. Any pet CAN be used, power stone pet or not.
8. Any mounts are allowed, EXCEPT Wyverns/Dragons/Risopoda.
9. Stealthing is also allowed.
9.1 Mount with permanent stealth IS NOT ALLOWED. (Steel Lightning/Crimson Lightning/Tamed Ant/Ganeesha/etc)
10. Moving away from the Event Manager render is a defeat.
11. Any sort of disturbing/interrupting/etc. the event will not be tolerated.
12. All players/audience that go, must stay in a reasonable distance from the fighters, preferably near the Event Manager. Use Ctrl + F12 to watch the fights far away.
13. Majority classes are allowed, minus healers and tanks for FFA matches!
14. If the match is FFA Not Equalized, you will be disqualified if decided that you were teaming!
15. If you have ress skill as a healer or the ress scroll, you are allowed to ress your duo/2v2/5v5.
* Rules can be added/changed.

Group Battles will be 1v1/2v2/5v5 depending on the event day.
Rewards (No Gear Score limits):

FFA Winners
1st place 1000 Credits + 500 Kyrios Badges
2nd place 1000 Credits + 350 Kyrios Badges
3rd place 1000 Credits + 250 Kyrios Badges
4th-6th places 1000 Credits + 100 Kyrios Badges

1v1 Winners
1st place 1500 Credits + 500 Kyrios Badges
2nd place 1500 Credits + 350 Kyrios Badges

2v2 Winners (Same for Duos FFA)
1st place 1000 Credits to Each member + 500 Kyrios Badges
2nd place 1000 Credits to Each member + 350 Kyrios Badges
3rd place 1000 Credits to Each member + 250 Kyrios Badges

3v3 Winners
1st place 1500 Credits to Each member + 500 Kyrios Badges
2nd place 1000 Credits to Each Member + 350 Kyrios Badges
3rd place 1000 Credits to Each Member + 250 Kyrios Badges

5v5 Winners
1st place 2000 Credits to Each member + 500 Kyrios Badges
2nd place 1500 Credits to Each Member + 350 Kyrios Badges

10v10 Winners
1st place 1000 Credits to Each Member + 500 Kyrios Badges
2nd place 500 Kyrios Badges

Rewards (Equalized):
FFA Winners

1v1 Winners

2v2 Winners (Same for Duos FFA)
1st place 1000 Credits to Each member + 500 Kyrios Badges
2nd place 1000 Credits to Each member + 350 Kyrios Badges
3rd place 1000 Credits to Each member + 250 Kyrios Badges

3v3 Winners

4v4 Winners

5v5 Winners

Organizers: Rollz

Get ready to the battle warriors… not that much time left!

Last edited:
Don't include hero cloaks. 3-4k toughness is way too much of an advantage. Does this consider that dragon/wyvern breath or roar can be used, or true flight to make someone unreachable?

Don't include hero cloaks. 3-4k toughness is way too much of an advantage. Does this consider that dragon/wyvern breath or roar can be used, or true flight to make someone unreachable?
Indeed, it's a lot of extra toughness, will keep that in mind. Dragon/Wyvern breath can be used, yes. I do need to specify the rules better about gliders/flying with the mounts. Thank you for your thoughts! Please, make sure to ask your friends to say what they think about the event too.

I believe the best way to prove who is the best is by balancing the event as it is in the arena.
For one reason, if one team full erenor fights another team full hiram, the erenor team will indeed have more chance to win, which doesn't prove who is the best.

Edit: why not 3x3 ?
other point i think is good too, is the player just can play 1 model, 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 or 5x5, he cant play 1x1 and 5x5, just 1.

Last edited:
I believe the best way to prove who is the best is by balancing the event as it is in the arena.
For one reason, if one team full erenor fights another team full hiram, the erenor team will indeed have more chance to win, which doesn't prove who is the best.

Edit: why not 3x3 ?
other point i think is good too, is the player just can play 1 model, 1x1, 2x2, 3x3 or 5x5, he cant play 1x1 and 5x5, just 1.
Thank you for your thoughts. To equalize the event just like arena does, I dont think its possible for many reasons, but one of them is I wouldnt have the powers to do that, instead people spoke about brackets which I am considering to.

Thank you for your thoughts. To equalize the event just like arena does, I dont think its possible for many reasons, but one of them is I wouldnt have the powers to do that, instead people spoke about brackets which I am considering to.
Have others ways to equalize, put 2k diferente gears to play vs 2k diferentes gears.

Like,
13-15k vs 13-15k
15-17k vs 15-17k

like that...

Bcs if i have 15k and i play vs 20k, 99% sure i will lost for gear, not for ability.

Hello everyone!

After the first attempt of running the event, it's been decided that the equalized arenas will need to be suspended until we can balance things more.
Thanks for everyone that came today!

Next tournament will be FFA (No gear score limits), bring your battle gear and buffs!

Edit: Post here your thoughts about Unique Explorers gear/weapon as equalized stats.

Last edited:
Balanced is kinda crap, some abilities don't work as intended based on your stats. People still had 50% evasion and parry, attack speed too low. The list goes on and on. If you want some sort of compromise it has to be gear brackets theres no other way around it. Just how equalized arena isn't equalized neither is this. You can play cheesey BS to win especially with time to prepare.

Balanced is kinda crap, some abilities don't work as intended based on your stats. People still had 50% evasion and parry, attack speed too low. The list goes on and on. If you want some sort of compromise it has to be gear brackets theres no other way around it. Just how equalized arena isn't equalized neither is this. You can play cheesey BS to win especially with time to prepare.
Thank you for your thoughts! We ask to people be patient about the first attempt of the event, and we will try to improve it further!

Yeah equalized only would work if you went through every aspect of gear and stats and balanced it all out manually into some sort of system. If you do armor sets then you have to worry about set buffs and armor types, do you pick an armor type before or can you pick and choose for the fight etc. Today was equalized and hardly anyone lower geared even came to attempt it. I'd say increase the reward list to ~top 8 places so that people can still get rewards if they're not the tip top and have incentive to come each week and maybe have 2 gear brackets to separate full erenor set min maxxed gear from 10ks etc.

Back