What's new

Guide To Vocational Skills?

So my wife and I have crafting down just fine and gathering materials to make all the things we want like work benches, proficiency booster items/furniture, cooking, alchemy, etc etc.

But what we are curious about and badly need to know is... is there any information on what each vocational skill DOES for you (your toon) in terms of what the benefits and perks are. For example... Alchemy is pretty straight forward because you simply raise up your Alchemy skill to famed so you can craft extremely complex and much needed items for crafting certain things.

But another example, raising up farming/husbandry to famed... what are the specifics of the perks for doing so? I realize if you rank up gathering, farming, husbandry you get faster at picking up crops, taking care of animals, and so forth. But is there ANYTHING else it does for you?

Does anyone have a comprehensive guide (with pics if possible with the explanations) on what each vocational skill does for your toon if you level it up to max (famed)? I am curious because I recently hit famed on farming and other than speeding up my ability to care for my animals and pick up my crops and make certain complex things like fuel, combined feed, lots, seed bundles, and animal pens with husbandry rank higher... I am not seeing anything else out of it.

I would like to know what the perks are of each vocational skill for ranking it up and/or maxing out as many as you can with the specialization snowflakes. Would also like to know if it is possible to max out EVERY vocational skill with enough snowflakes or if you can only have a few more than you normally can?

Thanks for any answers and or links. :D
Have fun all!

As far as I know, there is no guide.

Most of the vocational options are shown in the folio, where you can see the proficiency requirement.
Other than that you, can check the [rank details] button at the lower left of the prof skill screen to check general improvements.

The only special things you can't find in those places are famed related.

Off the top of my head:

- Famed allows certain crafts
  • animal pens
  • rank 7 foods and potions
  • 150 slot storage chests
  • regrade anchors
  • tradeable tax
  • special bundles/woodlots
- Famed mining gives access to shining veins which pop up randomly after a fortuna vein
- Famed fishing provides access to Freedich afk fishing for big belly fish
- Famed artistry lets you craft the longest songs
- Famed fishing/commerce will yield most gold due to custom buff on this server

Think that's about it, and if I missed something it's because it's probably not used a lot x)

Last edited:
Would also like to know if it is possible to max out EVERY vocational skill with enough snowflakes or if you can only have a few more than you normally can?

You cannot max out everything, but you can come close. There's slots for 7x famed spread across the three categories, and you can make any other 9 celebrity. Rest will be lower.

1629094533762.png

As far as I know, there is no guide.

Most of the vocational options are shown in the folio, where you can see the proficiency requirement.
Other than that you, can check the [rank details] button at the lower left of the prof skill screen to check general improvements.

The only special things you can't find in those places are famed related.

Off the top of my head:

- Famed allows certain crafts
  • animal pens
  • rank 7 foods and potions
  • 150 slot storage chests
  • regrade anchors
  • tradeable tax
  • special bundles/woodlots
- Famed mining gives access to shining veins which pop up randomly after a fortuna vein
- Famed fishing provides access to Freedich afk fishing for big belly fish
- Famed artistry lets you craft the longest songs

Think that's about it, and if I missed something it's because it's probably not used a lot x)

Thank you! This will help me a lot. I do appreciate it. :D

Back