What's new

Has the team ever considered a restart or a new server?

Haruspex

I'd love to be able to return and start from the beginning again. Go through the game again from the beginning.

Has the development here ever thought about doing that?

Ah that's unfortunate. Multiple other titles have proven how effective and fun this is.

Thanks for replying.

I'd love to be able to return and start from the beginning again. Go through the game again from the beginning.

If you desire to experience that, you should probably just stick to retail. They do fresh starts all the time because it is the only way they make good money as a company.

Correct me if I'm wrong: the ones who join this private server are in it for the long haul and don't enjoy the "rush" of starting over to become the best as fast as possible. Maybe I speak for the rest of the server, maybe not, but I prefer to play to grow to something, to build something up, and to enjoy the game to the fullest, not just a fresh start rush over and over.

If you desire to experience that, you should probably just stick to retail. They do fresh starts all the time because it is the only way they make good money as a company.

Correct me if I'm wrong: the ones who join this private server are in it for the long haul and don't enjoy the "rush" of starting over to become the best as fast as possible. Maybe I speak for the rest of the server, maybe not, but I prefer to play to grow to something, to build something up, and to enjoy the game to the fullest, not just a fresh start rush over and over.
I haven't played retail in years, and I got tired of their constant grabs for cash a long time ago. However, the final straw was them refusing to fix Endless Arrows and Tripple Slash for people with higher latency.

The team here fixed it within 2 days. It's been broken on retail servers for YEARS.

Just thought I'd ask if it was ever planned here. Got my response. Appreciate the reply, even if it isn't what I was hoping for.

I heard they dropped most of their pay to win aspects?

Either way, not here to talk about retail. Not gonna disrespect this forum like that.

Thank you both for your replies.
I know your question was answered but if i can add something. Another reason why starting a new server for ArcheRage would be bad because it would hurt the current player base just as we begin to head back toward 3.0 kind of server population. On live the reason fresh start was such a kick in the junk is because one would work hard to get geared up and then a fresh start pops up and now the server your on is dead along with all that hard work.

Yes AAU has dropped nearly all the P2W and is doing a good job staying true to that. Also paying for a DLC to keep it that way is not as bad as some people make it to be because that is pretty common for new content.

The thing that separates this game from live is the custom changes and how much they will impact future patches. On AAU the biggest bottle neck for people to gear is labor (2800) a day to feed Hiram infusions. Most people on AAU need to plan out how to spend labor for gold earning or gearing. Now labor pots can off set this but the x4 labor on AR will give people the ability to catch up way faster. I know some people think "Oh man! How am I going to catch the 12-13k GS people". So if you go Hiram, Library gear, or a mix of both you can catch up fast because there is little room to improve GS for high end players. Also with all the extra labor you can still go make gold. More labor gives a player freedom to do more of what he or she wants to do. This is what will attract more people to our server that hate being bottle necked by labor and get all this great custom content/changes for free

Everyone's different. I personally enjoy the earlier server pvp when people are building their characters and making choices on which direction they want to start going. Live isn't an option at this point with the Hiram / Daily and labor cap system. It's too bad AR won't do another server as I think it's the best, but I suppose it does open the door for another server with new ideas that could be more interesting anyways.

Everyone's different. I personally enjoy the earlier server pvp when people are building their characters and making choices on which direction they want to start going. Live isn't an option at this point with the Hiram / Daily and labor cap system. It's too bad AR won't do another server as I think it's the best, but I suppose it does open the door for another server with new ideas that could be more interesting anyways.

I understand that, it's just too bad that it also goes hand in hand with exploits, p2w, and the like. I know AAU supposedly doesn't have p2w, but people have already found a way in-game to do just that, and people will also always find a way to RMT.

Hitting patch 3.5 was the start of the end. I'd love to play a server that stopped patching prior to that. Retain the patch, and custom update only. I feel like AR would flourish again.

I think with the server population being so low in our current server, that the AR team should be able to start a new server. Draw players in. A lot of those players might even split off into our current server.

All I know is... nobody wants to play a "massive multiple online game" with a population far from massive. You guys should really consider this.

Also, I don't believe the "fresh start" is what will draw people in. When ArcheAge fans hear about a server that won't hit patch 3.5 or higher, it will draw a massive crowd getting what they've finally been waiting for, for a really long time. The ONLY thing that has ever killed the game is advancing in patches. The AR team would benefit greatly by taking this advice.

Keep our current server (since it's low population and low maintenance), but give us a new server. Hold a forum vote for which patch the players would like to stop at. I'd immediately come back to the game. Because I know it would succeed.

sitting on same patch would be just boring after u hit cap of your char
Good luck hitting cap. I think you forget how hard it was to regrade. That's why leggy/mythic gear was so expensive.

I don't have to argue that advancing patches kill the game. I've played since launch on retail. The results speak for themselves. Every single time.

Good luck hitting cap. I think you forget how hard it was to regrade. That's why leggy/mythic gear was so expensive.

I don't have to argue that advancing patches kill the game. I've played since launch on retail. The results speak for themselves. Every single time.
as a player who has been on retail since the beginning i can definitely confirm that 3.5 was the turning point i also quit the game around that time . imho anything past 2.9 was bad and turned people away (3.0 was the trade system change)
and everyone knows 2.9 as the Glory Days of AA

you forget on live there were a ton of cheaters who had max gear within a matter of days. Not to mention all of the people all of the people who lost their favorite plots of land and had to try to regain those plots EACH. AND. EVERY. RESTART. no thanks.

Back