What's new

༻Hello~ Im new to Archeage༺

CK9C

sJ2HJcC.gif
Hello hello , Im CK9C and I'll be joining the Archerage community today in hopes of finding enjoyment within the game and possibly having something to do with my free time. Im mainly a person that loves to focus on PvE mainly but working on PvP for fun is also ok , but Im not sure if I can PvP much since Im way too casual for it. Right now , Im currently making at the character screen and might be there for awhile thinking of how to make my character but first I would like to know which "Faction" would be best for a newbie. Along with that , Whats a recommended Melee class for beginners thats fun for PvE and leveling (Also isn't it possible to respec to another classset? Like say from the Shadowplay spec to Battlerage spec.) , are there some large guilds with people who are willing to level with me and help me out with game info and such , lastly hopefully a guild with Discord.
sJ2HJcC.gif

sJ2HJcC.gif
Mainly I love playing classes that work with tanking and melee , pure tanking honestly but seeing as thats not good for leveling 100% Imma need a community suggestion for a starter build.
sJ2HJcC.gif

The most popular melee tank is Abolisher (Battlerage, Defense, Auramancy). Its tanky but still does good damage and is good for leveling. While leveling just use what ever main hand weapon has most DPS but at end game you are either going to want a Sword if you want to be tankier (passive proc allows for more parries) or Shortspear for more damage (passive proc applies puncture to penetrate defense). I recommend leather armor but some choose plate, however that mean you have tons of physical defense but no magical defense at all.

As for build, i hope some one else with more in depth knowledge of tanks can chime in but you can also look at builds on http://earlygame.net/archeage?keyword=&trees=1,3,4 (already set to bring up Abolisher builds only).

The most popular melee tank is Abolisher (Battlerage, Defense, Auramancy). Its tanky but still does good damage and is good for leveling. While leveling just use what ever main hand weapon has most DPS but at end game you are either going to want a Sword if you want to be tankier (passive proc allows for more parries) or Shortspear for more damage (passive proc applies puncture to penetrate defense). I recommend leather armor but some choose plate, however that mean you have tons of physical defense but no magical defense at all.

As for build, i hope some one else with more in depth knowledge of tanks can chime in but you can also look at builds on http://earlygame.net/archeage?keyword=&trees=1,3,4 (already set to bring up Abolisher builds only).
Hmm what about the faction question? Im not sure which one is best for a new player.

Welcome to the community!

I would like to say that my favorite leveling class is the Argent http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/490247

As far as the factions go, you can toss a coin - neither side is really helpful to new comers. While yes i can for a fact there are good folks - most on each side are trolls and would steer you wrong or scam you at the first chance they got. So just be careful when you're out doing stuff.

With the argent class you have the ability to heal yourself and still keep your damage at a decent level to have fun in pve content + not sacrificing any mana regen since you are using Auramancy in your build you can Meditate every so often.

Welcome to the community!

I would like to say that my favorite leveling class is the Argent http://archeagedatabase.net/us/calc/490247

As far as the factions go, you can toss a coin - neither side is really helpful to new comers. While yes i can for a fact there are good folks - most on each side are trolls and would steer you wrong or scam you at the first chance they got. So just be careful when you're out doing stuff.

With the argent class you have the ability to heal yourself and still keep your damage at a decent level to have fun in pve content + not sacrificing any mana regen since you are using Auramancy in your build you can Meditate every so often.
Is there a recommended start race? Or each race has their own personal preference with a PvEr?

Is there a recommended start race? Or each race has their own personal preference with a PvEr?

Race doesn't really matter, the passives for them are very minimal and no one chooses the race because of them. Pick whatever one looks the coolest to you on the faction you decide to be on. You can create 6 characters for free on a single account so you could just make one of everyone you were interested in and just choose one as your main.

A lot of the costumes look silly on the male character's while some of the nicer ones look better on the female characters. As far as production times / climbing ability times - it's really just a added bonus, that doesn't matter much.

Maybe to the RP'er it would matter the most. I chose to be on West Faction this time around as i've never played it before. If ya make a westie hit me with questions in game if you want. My IGN is Guest

A lot of the costumes look silly on the male character's while some of the nicer ones look better on the female characters. As far as production times / climbing ability times - it's really just a added bonus, that doesn't matter much.

Maybe to the RP'er it would matter the most. I chose to be on West Faction this time around as i've never played it before. If ya make a westie hit me with questions in game if you want. My IGN is Guest

If its not too much to ask but I made a "Novice" Battlerage for the West and I'd like a traveling companion from anyone thats ok with partying with a newbie.

If its not too much to ask but I made a "Novice" Battlerage for the West and I'd like a traveling companion from anyone thats ok with partying with a newbie.

West side, best side lol

I won't be home on until about 9pm eastern tonight. As long as my guild isn't doing anything, I'll come chill for a bit on one of my lower toons.

Feel free to add me in game - you can type /w Soulplay and ask me anything. I can also help you with a farming spot to get started on till you start to make money, this will be your biggest hurdle solved.

Back