What's new

Help me pick a class?

syreenorder

Hello folks!

After watching a recent YouTube video, I'm really considering giving ArcheRage another look and will likely return to the game this weekend (holiday in the US!!). Anywho... I don't really know what class I should level as there are just so many crazy combinations out there. I was wondering, can you all make a suggestion based upon these things below? I should also mention that I will be playing solo for a good while and would really like to get more into PvP down the road.

What I love to play:

1. High mobility
  2. Low skill cap (yeah, I kind of suck if I have to use too many quick finger movements)
  3. Ranged (I don't care if it's archery or magic)
  4. Mainly instant-cast skills. I hate standing around while trying to cast an ability
  5. Low gear requirements

As examples from other MMO's I've played in the past:

GW2: I played a Ranger (Druid) that used a greatsword for mobility and the occasional melee fight/cc and the stuck with my bow. This was just fun as even though my DPS wasn't tops, I could heal and easily escape any fight.

WoW: Yeah... another Hunter

SWTOR: Sith Assassin (I used tank armor and built the class into a mobile/dueling stealth fighter. I loved it!)

BDO: Dark Knight & Ranger

Original ArcheAge: Stone Arrow (Loved it!)

Ok, so I'm thinking of going with Stone Arrow but from what I've heard, it's a terrible mana sink. Is this correct?

Oh, and here is the build I'm playing around with: STONE ARROW

I'm not sure if this will help you, but this is my favorite class for solo leveling (it's a ranged pet build):

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cKrdfrXdwM1GKcK17ZQlnis3z1u5Yh1xEFoixXUbd-U/edit?usp=sharing

It will get you to level 55 very easily and is one of the best classes for coin purse farming. But a word of warning, it's so effective that you'll often find yourself accused of being a bot.

But once you hit level 55, you can start training the other skill trees (so effectively, you can be any class you want, all with just one character) but this build will get you there with the least amount of fuss and expense.

Hope it helps :).

I'm not sure if this will help you, but this is my favorite class for solo leveling (it's a ranged pet build):

This looks really interesting and very friendly for a new player. I really like the survival aspect though I wish there was a bit more mobility. When running dungeons while leveling, would you mainly go as DPS and CC?

Yeah, this is a very tanky build. I prefer to stand my ground and just go toe to toe with enemies. No running around for me, I'm too lazy :p.

But one thing you could try, is to use Cloth Armor instead of Plate. That would increase your damage, but lower your defense, so you'd have to be a lot more active to avoid getting hit. But with two pets tanking for you, that shouldn't be too hard.

A note about using a wolfhound (just in case you haven't used one before), set him to defensive (not aggressive, or he'll automatically attack anything in range and draw to much aggro). If you prefer to act as the tank with the wolf as support, then just attack things as normal and the wolf will attack whatever you attack (right click on his skills to turn them on, so that he will automatically use them in battle).

But, if you'd rather support the wolf and have him do the tanking for you, select an enemy, then click the wolf's attack skill. Wait for him to rush forward and 'engage' the enemy in battle before you start your attack. This way, the wolf should be able to hold aggro (if you engage too soon the enemy will turn on you). The wolf is brilliant! I think everybody should have one, no matter what class you play.

As for dungeons, I can't help you there, sorry. I used this build just for PvE leveling and coin purse farming. I don't do dungeons or PvP so I don't know how well it does there. But I'd be very curious to know if you decide to try it :D.

Good luck.

I think Enigmatist fulfills a lot of your requirements; high mobility, ranged, and instant cast skills. Not sure about gear or skill requirements since I've not played it myself.

But I'd be very curious to know if you decide to try it [bcolor=rgb(255, 255, 255)]:D[/bcolor].

Good luck.

So right now I'm trying to decide between this or the Cabalist. I know they are quite different but that dps nuke just looks like fun.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cKrdfrXdwM1GKcK17ZQlnis3z1u5Yh1xEFoixXUbd-U/edit?usp=sharing

It will get you to level 55 very easily and is one of the best classes for coin purse farming. But a word of warning, it's so effective that you'll often find yourself accused of being a bot.

But once you hit level 55, you can start training the other skill trees (so effectively, you can be any class you want, all with just one character) but this build will get you there with the least amount of fuss and expense.

Hope it helps :).

What about an Inquisitor ?

Back